111 replies to this topic

#1 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:22 AM

Article

Was a bit hoping for some added defense but looks like we'll stay quiet once again this year. Ah well.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#2 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:28 AM

There's no reason to make any trades, we're stacked! Just bring on the playoffs!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#3 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,736 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:59 AM

if the right deal comes up, Holland will make it. I just don't see them doing any better this year in the playoffs over last. The defense sucks (still.) Oh well, hold on tight and hope for something good!

Edited by LeftWinger, 26 February 2011 - 09:00 AM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#4 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:05 AM

Well, giving up 3-4 goals a game is not going to cut it in the playoffs. Holland needs to make a move.

Posted Image

#5 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:28 AM

<_<

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#6 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:30 AM

Holland doesn't need to do anything. Seems regular season complacency has set it. They'l flip the switch come playoffs. Obviously they could use some help on the back end, but it's not a pressing matter. Something needs to be done about Jimmy and his play this season, but he's our goalie going into the playoffs and that ain't changing unless Ozzie steals it form him. People act surprised when w don't make moves, but I'll take our two SCF in three years and top 4 record this season as meaning Holland knows what he is doing.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#7 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:41 PM

I'm fine with this.

#8 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:42 PM

Why would we do anything?

We've won the last 3 Cups in a row. No reason to change what isn't broken in the playoffs.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#9 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:16 PM

We've won the last 3 Cups in a row. No reason to change what isn't broken in the playoffs.

Our team is much improved over last year's, and the year before that we were in the SCF. It's not like The Wings have completely failed in many playoffs in a row. Even last year they could have won against San Jose if some pucks bounced differently.

#10 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:42 PM

I would love to see that Atlanta rumor come true, but I have only like 15% faith that it could happen. Just because I don't think it would hurt the team at all.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#11 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:02 PM

Our team is much improved over last year's, and the year before that we were in the SCF. It's not like The Wings have completely failed in many playoffs in a row. Even last year they could have won against San Jose if some pucks bounced differently.

But you've got to stay active and not be complacent.

We don't need major shakeups, but sitting on our asses the last 3 years in a row at the deadline is a little disconcerting.

Not to mention, we have weaknesses on defense and in net.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 26 February 2011 - 02:02 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#12 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:10 PM

Holy Hyperbole

Posted Image

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#13 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:14 PM

But you've got to stay active and not be complacent.

We don't need major shakeups, but sitting on our asses the last 3 years in a row at the deadline is a little disconcerting.

Not to mention, we have weaknesses on defense and in net.

I think that is all we can do now. Unless we want to cheat and try to use the waivers like the Hawks do and sneak players through only to make cap space I don't see how we can be active.

Unless that Atlanta deal can work out that is rumored in the tweetosphere. tm.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#14 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

Holland doesn't need to do anything. Seems regular season complacency has set it. They'l flip the switch come playoffs. Obviously they could use some help on the back end, but it's not a pressing matter. Something needs to be done about Jimmy and his play this season, but he's our goalie going into the playoffs and that ain't changing unless Ozzie steals it form him. People act surprised when w don't make moves, but I'll take our two SCF in three years and top 4 record this season as meaning Holland knows what he is doing.

I agree, teams like ours tend to kill time before the playoffs, just ask Kobe and the Lakers. Once the playoffs start, we'll tighten up on D.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#15 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:29 PM

I think that is all we can do now. Unless we want to cheat and try to use the waivers like the Hawks do and sneak players through only to make cap space I don't see how we can be active.

Unless that Atlanta deal can work out that is rumored in the tweetosphere. tm.

I must be on Mars. Which Atlanta rumour are you referring to?

I agree, teams like ours tend to kill time before the playoffs, just ask Kobe and the Lakers. Once the playoffs start, we'll tighten up on D.

I tend to agree with this. I just wonder how hungry this team really is. When they're on they're ON. When they're not they are much like they were the other night against Dallas.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#16 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:38 PM

I must be on Mars. Which Atlanta rumour are you referring to?

There was a rumor started from Bob Duff of the Windsor news paper, and it was that there was a deal on the table for Hudler, Kindl or Ericson and a high pick for Zach Bogosian. It sounded too good to be true, and Pierre LeBrun said that Holland confirmed there was ZERO truth to it.

Too bad, I would have given way more than that up for Bogo.

#17 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:45 PM

There was a rumor started from Bob Duff of the Windsor news paper, and it was that there was a deal on the table for Hudler, Kindl or Ericson and a high pick for Zach Bogosian. It sounded too good to be true, and Pierre LeBrun said that Holland confirmed there was ZERO truth to it.

Too bad, I would have given way more than that up for Bogo.

It sounded too good to be true. I'd do it for sure.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#18 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:45 PM

Article

Was a bit hoping for some added defense but looks like we'll stay quiet once again this year. Ah well.

I'm happy for you that you're more satisfied--or relaxed--than you were at this time last season.

#19 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:49 PM

Yes, because not winning the cup means you must make a trade at the deadline to do anything in the post season.

Who did the Blackhawks acquire last season at the deadline?

Posted Image

#20 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:10 PM

Yes, because not winning the cup means you must make a trade at the deadline to do anything in the post season.

Who did the Blackhawks acquire last season at the deadline?

Satan. he's got made hook ups.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank