• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ShanahanMan

Red Wings Won't be Active at Trade Deadline

Rate this topic

Holland doesn't need to do anything. Seems regular season complacency has set it. They'l flip the switch come playoffs. Obviously they could use some help on the back end, but it's not a pressing matter. Something needs to be done about Jimmy and his play this season, but he's our goalie going into the playoffs and that ain't changing unless Ozzie steals it form him. People act surprised when w don't make moves, but I'll take our two SCF in three years and top 4 record this season as meaning Holland knows what he is doing.

Why would we do anything?

We've won the last 3 Cups in a row. No reason to change what isn't broken in the playoffs.

Our team is much improved over last year's, and the year before that we were in the SCF. It's not like The Wings have completely failed in many playoffs in a row. Even last year they could have won against San Jose if some pucks bounced differently.

Our team is much improved over last year's, and the year before that we were in the SCF. It's not like The Wings have completely failed in many playoffs in a row. Even last year they could have won against San Jose if some pucks bounced differently.

But you've got to stay active and not be complacent.

We don't need major shakeups, but sitting on our asses the last 3 years in a row at the deadline is a little disconcerting.

Not to mention, we have weaknesses on defense and in net.

Edited by GMRwings1983

But you've got to stay active and not be complacent.

We don't need major shakeups, but sitting on our asses the last 3 years in a row at the deadline is a little disconcerting.

Not to mention, we have weaknesses on defense and in net.

I think that is all we can do now. Unless we want to cheat and try to use the waivers like the Hawks do and sneak players through only to make cap space I don't see how we can be active.

Unless that Atlanta deal can work out that is rumored in the tweetosphere. tm.

Holland doesn't need to do anything. Seems regular season complacency has set it. They'l flip the switch come playoffs. Obviously they could use some help on the back end, but it's not a pressing matter. Something needs to be done about Jimmy and his play this season, but he's our goalie going into the playoffs and that ain't changing unless Ozzie steals it form him. People act surprised when w don't make moves, but I'll take our two SCF in three years and top 4 record this season as meaning Holland knows what he is doing.

I agree, teams like ours tend to kill time before the playoffs, just ask Kobe and the Lakers. Once the playoffs start, we'll tighten up on D.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I think that is all we can do now. Unless we want to cheat and try to use the waivers like the Hawks do and sneak players through only to make cap space I don't see how we can be active.

Unless that Atlanta deal can work out that is rumored in the tweetosphere. tm.

I must be on Mars. Which Atlanta rumour are you referring to?

I agree, teams like ours tend to kill time before the playoffs, just ask Kobe and the Lakers. Once the playoffs start, we'll tighten up on D.

I tend to agree with this. I just wonder how hungry this team really is. When they're on they're ON. When they're not they are much like they were the other night against Dallas.

I must be on Mars. Which Atlanta rumour are you referring to?

There was a rumor started from Bob Duff of the Windsor news paper, and it was that there was a deal on the table for Hudler, Kindl or Ericson and a high pick for Zach Bogosian. It sounded too good to be true, and Pierre LeBrun said that Holland confirmed there was ZERO truth to it.

Too bad, I would have given way more than that up for Bogo.

Guest Hatethedrake!

There was a rumor started from Bob Duff of the Windsor news paper, and it was that there was a deal on the table for Hudler, Kindl or Ericson and a high pick for Zach Bogosian. It sounded too good to be true, and Pierre LeBrun said that Holland confirmed there was ZERO truth to it.

Too bad, I would have given way more than that up for Bogo.

It sounded too good to be true. I'd do it for sure.

Guest Crymson

Article

Was a bit hoping for some added defense but looks like we'll stay quiet once again this year. Ah well.

I'm happy for you that you're more satisfied--or relaxed--than you were at this time last season.

Why would we do anything?

We've won the last 3 Cups in a row. No reason to change what isn't broken in the playoffs.

Yes, because not winning the cup means you must make a trade at the deadline to do anything in the post season.

Who did the Blackhawks acquire last season at the deadline?

Guest Hatethedrake!

Yes, because not winning the cup means you must make a trade at the deadline to do anything in the post season.

Holland added Stuart at the '08 deadline and that worked out well. Winning the Stanley Cup of course.

The blackhawks had just got beaten out of the western conference finals and added Hossa at the start of the season. They were a young and hungry team.

The wings are full of guys with big contracts that have all pretty much won a cup, adding some fresh blood wouldn't be awful, espcially when the wings have been getting exposed on the defensive side of the game

Well anyway Holland said last week that he didn't need to make a move unless the defense didn't get better. If it didn't then he'd probably have to look around. I'd say it's time for a move this year.

The blackhawks had just got beaten out of the western conference finals and added Hossa at the start of the season. They were a young and hungry team.

The wings are full of guys with big contracts that have all pretty much won a cup, adding some fresh blood wouldn't be awful, espcially when the wings have been getting exposed on the defensive side of the game

Doc asked who the Hawks aquired at the deadline, hossa was not a deadline deal.

You don't think Lidstrom/Draper/Ozzie/Modano want to go out on top or guys like Helm/Abby/Eaves/Miller/Salei/Big E/JHowww don't want to prove something in the playoffs? We have a full line up of guys that will give 110% in the playoffs this year.

If we brought in a guy, it's be a 12th/13th forward or a 6th/7th DMan. All which could help or could have no impact at all. All in all, it's not worth getting fussy about from anyone. We have a Stanley Cup able team right now, there are maybe 4 teams including with the Wings that actually have a real shot at winning the cup this year.