• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ShanahanMan

Red Wings Won't be Active at Trade Deadline

Rate this topic

I think this is for the best. The Wings have a lot of talent on this roster and as long as everyone can stay healthy and can get their Power Play clicking a little bit better I think they will be a team that has a great chance this season. God the season's just fly by the older I get, Seems like just yesterday I was in Traverse City for the Wings Training Camp. Oh well. Let's Go Wings!!

What could the Wings give up to get Ladislav Smid? He would be a great 5th/6th defenseman who can play top 4 if needed, and still has potential to improve (he is 25). He is signed for 1 more year at only $1.3 mil and then RFA.

I guess we don't have cap room though, even with Datsyuk and others on LTIR?

What could the Wings give up to get Ladislav Smid? He would be a great 5th/6th defenseman who can play top 4 if needed, and still has potential to improve (he is 25). He is signed for 1 more year at only $1.3 mil and then RFA.

I think we'd have the room with combination of current cap space + LTIR if we moved Miller (we'd need to move somebody anyhow for roster reasons) in the deal, and I can't see why Edmonton wouldn't take on a cheap roster dump if they got what they wanted for Smid. In regards to that, I'm not sure; maybe our 1st (do we have it)? Honestly, I wouldn't be afraid to let a late 1st go in this draft. Or maybe the asking price is cheaper and a 2nd and a 5th would work or such. Not sure where Edmonton values him at the moment, but I think he'd make a decent addition to our blueline for this year and next. Thinking in terms of next year, if Lidstrom plays again:

Lidstrom - Stuart

Kronwall - Smid

Smith/Ericsson/Kindl - Rafalski

I could live with that. 8 d-men with plenty of talent to go around. Even without Lidstrom and without a UFA replacement it doesn't look totally grim:

Kronwall - Stuart

Smid - Rafalski

Smith/Kindl - Ericsson

is still a way better D than many other teams in the NHL would be packing.

Ericsson and another player. Anything the Wings do would have to be dollar for dollar. If you look at the defense our top 4 is basically untouchable. Sure Stuart and Kronwall don't have NTC's but given their price:performance ratio it would be dumb to move anyone one of them unless you get a young stud back. It would be really crappy of Detroit to trade Salie seeing as how he is bringing what we knew he would bring to the club. Which only leaves E and Kindl. Who ever would be chosen out of those two would be the one that RW management thinks won't develop the best. Personally I think that's E as he hit his prime last playoff season.

According to a Tweet by "Capgeek" they say we could add a cap hit of 1.5 mill

#nhl #redwings could add a cap hit of ~$1.5m if they use all of Mike Modano's injury relief and ~2m if it's a goalie.

Capgeek Twitter...

that was like 1/2 hour ago. I am not sure how it works out... But Cap Geek is pretty on top of it!

Id like to see something get done... even a depth move if we can..

When I really think about it, with our surplus of forwards, I will be kind of mad if Holland doesn't make a move. Even just moving a guy like Miller for a late pick or something, there isnt a point in hanging onto all these forwards when we have so many and could still use a depth pick up on defence maybe.

I have no doubt in my mind that Mursak could step in for the playoffs and fill the role that Miller plays right now.

Yeah I know depth is important but Miller was awful in the playoffs last year and is being outplayed by Draper who is playing well this year, the wings have tonnes of depth already.

A move really should be made instead of just letting someone like Miller walk at the end of the year, even if its for a 6th rounder

So is it fair to be a bit irked that Holland didn't acquire some additional defensive help the way this road trip went?

One defenseman is not going to magically reverse what the Wings have been screwing up.

It is a team issue, from top to bottom.

One defenseman is not going to magically reverse what the Wings have been screwing up.

It is a team issue, from top to bottom.

Agreed. I expected some dropoff because of the younger guys in the lineup, but the Wings are 19th in GAA. That's about team defense and goaltending.