• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jesusberg

Possible Deal With Atlanta?

Rate this topic

Didn't see this discussed yet so...

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hockey/comments/what_do_you_think_detroit_fans/

Kukla's Korner reported a Tweet by a Windsor Star writer named Bob Duff. He claimed that two sources have been saying that the Thrashers were asking:

Hudler, Ericsson/Kindl & High Draft Pick

for

Bogosian

In my opinion I would do it for Hudler, Kindl & 2nd, maybe even a 1st. Bogosian hasn't worked out in Atlanta, but I think he's surely got high potential. He could definitely be a #1-2 guy when it's all said and done. The price is steep, but I think we're safe with forward depth with guys like Mursak, Tatar or Filppula filling in. I don't hate Hudler at all, but I'm really high on Bogosian. What do you guys think?

I saw that tweet thismorning as well. Im not sure how I feel about it, given Hudlers great play over the last part of the season. If this were pon the table a few months ago I would be in for sure...but now...im not so sure

if this trade were to happen I would definately have to say id rather trade Kindl over Ericsson. Ericsson has been great this year and will only get better.

interesting idea though...

Edited by robb himself

I saw that tweet thismorning as well. Im not sure how I feel about it, given Hudlers great play over the last part of the season. If this were pon the table a few months ago I would be in for sure...but now...im not so sure

if this trade were to happen I would definately have to say id rather trade Kindl over Ericsson. Ericsson has been great this year and will only get better.

interesting idea though...

Agreed, but I think the Wings are sorely in need of a young defenseman. They've got all kinds of depth at forward with guys like Tatar, Nyquist, Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, etc. for the future. And like I said, currently I think other guys could step up, not necessarily to Hudler's current level, but still solid enough. And Bogosian would provide a boost to the defense right away, imo.

Didn't see this discussed yet so...

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hockey/comments/what_do_you_think_detroit_fans/

Kukla's Korner reported a Tweet by a Windsor Star writer named Bob Duff. He claimed that two sources have been saying that the Thrashers were asking:

Hudler, Ericsson/Kindl & High Draft Pick

for

Bogosian

In my opinion I would do it for Hudler, Kindl & 2nd, maybe even a 1st. Bogosian hasn't worked out in Atlanta, but I think he's surely got high potential. He could definitely be a #1-2 guy when it's all said and done. The price is steep, but I think we're safe with forward depth with guys like Mursak, Tatar or Filppula filling in. I don't hate Hudler at all, but I'm really high on Bogosian. What do you guys think?

I would give them Hudler, Kindl and a high pick for him. I wouldn't give Ericsson. I think Hudler is expendable as Mursak and Tatar can fill his role in both the short and long term. I would make it in a second. I don't think they would take that low of a deal.

Yet if they wanted Emmerton and Meech I would throw them in too, but this is all pipe dreams.

Kindl could end up being good, but I would rather take Bogo.

Is there any real source to this? I saw someone say tweet...

I just want to know who was suggesting this. I know I brought it up before but dismissed it because I didn't think they would take so little for him.

I would give them way more than what that link suggests... which makes me think it is complete bull.

Oh btw, big problem with this possible trade. I guess Zach is getting 2.5 million in bonuses. I am unsure as whether the wings could give that to him as a part of this years salary or if it would have to be on the books next year. That could really hurt us next year if that was the case.

Is there any real source to this? I saw someone say tweet...

I just want to know who was suggesting this. I know I brought it up before but dismissed it because I didn't think they would take so little for him.

I would give them way more than what that link suggests... which makes me think it is complete bull.

Oh btw, big problem with this possible trade. I guess Zach is getting 2.5 million in bonuses. I am unsure as whether the wings could give that to him as a part of this years salary or if it would have to be on the books next year. That could really hurt us next year if that was the case.

The original source was a Tweet by Windsor Star columnist Bob Duff. I'm not sure how to link a specific Tweet, but his message from about an hour ago was, "asktheduffer Bob Duff

Two sources confirm #redwings have kicked tires regarding #thrashers Zach Bogosian, but say deal unlikely to happen. #NHL"

As for the cap space, I don't think that's an issue. Bogosian's bonuses are included in his 3.375M cap hit, if I'm not mistaken, and are treated the same way as normal cap unless they are differed to next season. I could be wrong, but that's my understanding on it. Moving out Hudler's 2.875M and Kindl's 883K would be sufficient.

As Duff says, though, it's a deal that's unlikely to happen. I'd be all for it.

The original source was a Tweet by Windsor Star columnist Bob Duff. I'm not sure how to link a specific Tweet, but his message from about an hour ago was, "asktheduffer Bob Duff

Two sources confirm #redwings have kicked tires regarding #thrashers Zach Bogosian, but say deal unlikely to happen. #NHL"

As for the cap space, I don't think that's an issue. Bogosian's bonuses are included in his 3.375M cap hit, if I'm not mistaken, and are treated the same way as normal cap unless they are differed to next season. I could be wrong, but that's my understanding on it. Moving out Hudler's 2.875M and Kindl's 883K would be sufficient.

As Duff says, though, it's a deal that's unlikely to happen. I'd be all for it.

Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know, I appreciate it good sir.

As for the salary, that is how I read it myself. I just was not sure whether or not it would HAVE to count towards next year. Moving that salary would make it work IMO.

Might I ask what would be the maximum price you would pay for Bogo?

Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know, I appreciate it good sir.

As for the salary, that is how I read it myself. I just was not sure whether or not it would HAVE to count towards next year. Moving that salary would make it work IMO.

Might I ask what would be the maximum price you would pay for Bogo?

To be honest, probably what's on the table right now. Ultimately, I would go Hudler, Kindl and a 1st. It's hard to say exactly what Atlanta wants, because if I recall correctly they were offered two 1st round picks for Bogosian and they turned it down. Maybe they're in the market for active roster players.

LeBrun tweet,

Regarding all the Detroit/Bogosian chatter, Ken Holland says via text that there’s ZERO truth to it; hasn’t spoken once to Atl about him

To be honest, probably what's on the table right now. Ultimately, I would go Hudler, Kindl and a 1st. It's hard to say exactly what Atlanta wants, because if I recall correctly they were offered two 1st round picks for Bogosian and they turned it down. Maybe they're in the market for active roster players.

I would add more, but that is me. I don't think we need forwards much, and I think adding one more Defensemen of his caliber would be a big move. Emmerton a first Hudler and Kindl should be enough, but I would even throw another pick if necessary.

Unfortunately I just confirmed via twitter of LeBrun that there is ZERO truth to this rumor. Holland said he has not talked to Atlanta, and thinks he will make no moves.

I wish he would be like, hey maybe I should call and ask...

Noted on the LeBrun tweet, but I doubt Holland would show his cards if he had something in the works anyway. He's always been pretty quiet about that stuff. Looks like the trade was just a pipe dream, but I'd still love to be pleasantly surprised.

Noted on the LeBrun tweet, but I doubt Holland would show his cards if he had something in the works anyway. He's always been pretty quiet about that stuff. Looks like the trade was just a pipe dream, but I'd still love to be pleasantly surprised.

You and me both. Honestly, it would require more than that. I do remember hearing that Atlanta wanted a dman back. Kindl could satisfy that...

Hudler would be a nice addition, but the both of them alone wouldn't swing that...

I want to know what Holland thinks Emmerton holds for us, because that and a pick could be enough to make this happen.

I would guess that Bogo would be on the top PP and second pairing for years using that right hand shot that is so important in the new league. Could you imagine him being the second right hand shot, behind Ralf and the third being Smith? That would be a great set up, especially if Lids decided to stay around...

EDIT: Mistake, Smith is lefty, so of course now he is going to be on the top line with Zach. :blush:

Edited by Majsheppard

You and me both. Honestly, it would require more than that. I do remember hearing that Atlanta wanted a dman back. Kindl could satisfy that...

Hudler would be a nice addition, but the both of them alone wouldn't swing that...

I want to know what Holland thinks Emmerton holds for us, because that and a pick could be enough to make this happen.

I would guess that Bogo would be on the top PP and second pairing for years using that right hand shot that is so important in the new league. Could you imagine him being the second right hand shot, behind Ralf and the third being Smith? That would be a great set up, especially if Lids decided to stay around...

Smith isn't a righty. Pyett is though :D

Smith isn't a righty. Pyett is though :D

Son of a gun... Oh well, I thought he was a righty. Oh well just means we need to trade for Weber even more now! :lol:

Honestly makes me want Zach even more.

I thought Pyett would have been a good number seven a few years ago, but he just didn't come around.

I honestly think Almqvist Smith and Ericson will provide us half of our Defensive puzzle in the upcoming years. I would love for us to bring in someone to boost that as our top two guys retire or slow down.

Would love to see that happen.

Son of a gun... Oh well, I thought he was a righty. Oh well just means we need to trade for Weber even more now! :lol:

Honestly makes me want Zach even more.

I thought Pyett would have been a good number seven a few years ago, but he just didn't come around.

I honestly think Almqvist Smith and Ericson will provide us half of our Defensive puzzle in the upcoming years. I would love for us to bring in someone to boost that as our top two guys retire or slow down.

Would love to see that happen.

I had high hopes for Pyett too, but his game just hasn't transitioned at the AHL level. In addition to Smith and Almqvist, I would keep an eye on Nick Jensen and Ben Marshall too. They've still got aways to go, but both guys have great speed and good offensive instincts. They both need to work on their shots and physicality, though. Fournier could surprise some people too, but I have higher hopes for the others.

I had high hopes for Pyett too, but his game just hasn't transitioned at the AHL level. In addition to Smith and Almqvist, I would keep an eye on Nick Jensen and Ben Marshall too. They've still got aways to go, but both guys have great speed and good offensive instincts. They both need to work on their shots and physicality, though. Fournier could surprise some people too, but I have higher hopes for the others.

Both of those guys have upside, I just don't expect to hear from them for years. Even then, I would expect them to be third pairing guys at best.

Almqvist strikes me as a Brian Rafalski type. He won't be ready for three more years, but when he is I could see him on our second pairing.

I just want another top four guy to fall into our laps. A trade isn't the only way to get that accomplished. Yet Zach Bogo could be the guy. If this rumor about Jack Johnson that wouldn't die had any thread of truth to it, I would imagine Holland would make a move for Zach. I can't imagine Kindl and Hudler hold such a dear place in his heart to keep him from getting a two-way defensemen who is very young.

Especially considering it would be like getting a player upgrade from just a mobile big guy, to a mobile big guy who has all star potential and can move the puck and shoot hard.

I don't know about trading Huds either he is playing great right now, parting with a 1st round pick for Bogosian i would do in a heart beat, its going to be a late pick anyway and the odds of getting a guy as good as Bogosian at his age is pretty slim, but if Kenny says no to the trade then i guess its no, but i bet if the Wings lose again tonight , Holland will think about making some sort of deal for a D

I dug into this a bit more with Bob Duff, he tells me (via twitter conversation) that the source was inside the organization, and Holland inquired upon the price.

Obviously, this is too high for him if it didn't move forward. I think this might be the best shot at any move though, we will have to wait and see.

can someone post the original twitter message about Bogosian or a link to this guy that posted it

Here is his twitter page.

I dug into this a bit more with Bob Duff, he tells me (via twitter conversation) that the source was inside the organization, and Holland inquired upon the price.

Obviously, this is too high for him if it didn't move forward. I think this might be the best shot at any move though, we will have to wait and see.

Here is his twitter page.

Thaaaaaaank you