• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jesusberg

Possible Deal With Atlanta?

Rate this topic

Even though it was shot down by Holland, I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. No hesitation at all.

Yep. I can't believe some of the Hudler fanatics. This trade would make so much sense for the Wings that I can't even see straight!

Edited by rage

Bogosian is good, but he is not so good that he requires a young top-six forward, a potential top-pairing defenseman, and a first round pick.

That's the kind of overpayment that tears your franchise down.

Due to injury, Bogosian has played about as much total time at even strength this season as Jonathan Ericsson. Yet Ericsson has four more points at even strength, and two more overall. Kindl's point production rate hasn't been as high, in part because as the seventh defenseman he has not had a regular pairing or gotten regular playing time.

Bogosian is definitely better than Kindl in the back end, but that plus his small offensive advantage does not add up to Hudler and a first.

Kindl and a 2nd should be a fair deal. Think about it as if that draft pick is a player, as good as his draft spot is supposed to be. Figure that means a second round pick should be virtually guaranteed to be good enough to be an everyday player on an NHL roster in his role, and most forwards get those kind of spots on offense.

Kindl and a 2nd should be a fair deal.

That's insane.

Bogo is a 3rd overall pick who's still only 20 years old.

Kindl's got tons of potential but he hasn't even managed to play his way onto our top 6 defense this season. His value is not a 2nd pick away from that of Bogosian.

I like Kindl and I'm a big Ericsson fan but I'd make the Hudler + Ericsson trade in the offseason. I wouldn't make it today because it weakens the Red Wings going into the playoffs and we need to take as many runs at the cup as we can before Lidstrom retires.

how about

To ATL- Hudler,Kindl,1st Round,3rd Round and a conditional pick

To Det- Bogosian,Bergfors

I like your style...

but i think I would do

To ATL- Hudler,Miller, Kindl, 2nd round pick + conditional pick

To Det- Bogosian,Bergfors and a 5th round pick

something along those lines...

Never trade away a young D man like E or Kindl. E has improved this year and Kindl showed some flash tonight. Hang on to them.

big rig probably would get snatched up by another team anyway. he's a big body defenseman that plays for the red wings, just in that he could command more than holland would be willing to pay for on the open market. I could see the leafs paying him like 2 mil a season.

I forget who said it... but someone said we should wait until the off-season for Zach.

This makes a bit of sense, because right now the question is what will make the team better in April and May. More defense is what we need the most, but honestly will Zach bring an improvement in that short term?

All the chatter here seems to be pretty spot on, we don't know.

What we do know is right now the deal could be something along the lines of Hudler and Kindl.

I hate to say this but, the depth scoring of Hudler might be more important.

In the long run this trade is a no brainer. We have three players in the farm that are clear cut improvements over Hudler. If we throw in players that might be decent in the NHL we can push that number to six to nine player that could take his roster spot. Realistically only one of which could even step in right now and play (Mursak) and he is a downgrade.

Miller would most likely take Jiri's spot in the short term, and that is a downgrade overall. My question is, if Zach came here, in the short term for this season who does he replace? Salei or Ericsson right?

Is Bogo an upgrade over Ericson, at least to a greater degree than Hudler is an upgrade over Miller? If so, would it be worth the costs? Would Bogo even get regular playing time? Would it be possible to send him to GR for playing time and would that do him any good?

We would lose Kindl, which I think in the long run will be an okay defenseman. Yet he will be in the same mold as Ericsson and therefore I think expendable for an upgrade. I do think Bogo is an upgrade because he provides what we lack, and would be an instant fixture on the PP with a right hand cannon.

Personally, with Emmerton, Mursak ready to go. Tatar and Nyqvist following soon; and Jarnok and Teemu after that, why wouldn't you sacrifice Hudler?

The answer is because they aren't here now when Lidstrom is and the cup is within grasp. I am a proponent of this trade, and if it happens I won't complain. However, Holland and Co. must realize that all of these Ifs and question marks above add up to a possible short term weakening of the team, and a probable long term strengthening.

The deadline is for making the teams who can win stronger in the short term, and the bad teams stronger in the long term - Not vice versa.

big rig probably would get snatched up by another team anyway. he's a big body defenseman that plays for the red wings, just in that he could command more than holland would be willing to pay for on the open market. I could see the leafs paying him like 2 mil a season.

Theres a good chance we'll resign him. He was the top prospect for a long time and the return is going to be next year. He looks so much more sure of himself now than he did last year. He reminds me a lot of Fischer. If we get Bogo it will be in the off season, I personally would love to see a Bogo and Ericsson D pair

I hate to say this but, the depth scoring of Hudler might be more important.

Agreed. Not to mention that if Hudler's depth scoring does show up over the next 20 games and into the playoffs, it would increase his value in the deal and make it more likely to see this sort of a trade in the off season. Plus, Atlanta is going to be in a storm of RFA and UFA in the off season, that may see them looking to mix some things up too. We shall see.

What is with the love fest with Hudler and Ericcsson? Hudler is only good when playing with stars, if not he's invincible. We saw plenty of that this year. Ericcsson gets burned and is as soft as a wet vagin. The guy is 6'5 and never uses his body. Christ I am 6'4 and I use to crush guy's back in my playing day. Bogosion is the perfect fit for Detroit. Think a future blue line of Kronwall, Stuart, Kindl, Smith and Bogosion add in a FA here and there we should be fine. I have been down with getting Bogo at the beggining of the season. Everyone must remember he has played in Atlanta hence why is stats blow. Give him sometime to learn with Lidstrom bingo bango.

Get It Done Holland

What is with the love fest with Hudler and Ericcsson? Hudler is only good when playing with stars, if not he's invincible. We saw plenty of that this year. Ericcsson gets burned and is as soft as a wet vagin. The guy is 6'5 and never uses his body. Christ I am 6'4 and I use to crush guy's back in my playing day. Bogosion is the perfect fit for Detroit. Think a future blue line of Kronwall, Stuart, Kindl, Smith and Bogosion add in a FA here and there we should be fine. I have been down with getting Bogo at the beggining of the season. Everyone must remember he has played in Atlanta hence why is stats blow. Give him sometime to learn with Lidstrom bingo bango.

Get It Done Holland

Actually historically Hudler has been best when given limited opportunity. He's stepped up his game considerably since December, posting great numbers even before Datsyuk came back. It just took him a long time to get into his groove. If he had played like this from the start he'd reach that 70 point milestone Babcock said he expected. He's a keeper for depth scoring.

Ericsson's biggest problem is that his mistakes are so obvious. He'll quietly play a good defensive game, and then make a huge turnover and take a terrible penalty. The guy is +12 on the year and has 14 points. If I'm deciding between moving him or Kindl, I'd have to choose Kindl.