• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:05 PM

can someone post the original twitter message about Bogosian or a link to this guy that posted it

#22 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:06 PM

I dug into this a bit more with Bob Duff, he tells me (via twitter conversation) that the source was inside the organization, and Holland inquired upon the price.

Obviously, this is too high for him if it didn't move forward. I think this might be the best shot at any move though, we will have to wait and see.

can someone post the original twitter message about Bogosian or a link to this guy that posted it

Here is his twitter page.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#23 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

I dug into this a bit more with Bob Duff, he tells me (via twitter conversation) that the source was inside the organization, and Holland inquired upon the price.

Obviously, this is too high for him if it didn't move forward. I think this might be the best shot at any move though, we will have to wait and see.

Here is his twitter page.

Thaaaaaaank you

#24 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:13 PM

Thaaaaaaank you

Nooooooooooo problem. :D

BTW I am floating out some tweets looking for more info.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#25 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:48 PM

Free Press says Holland never talked to Atlanta.

#26 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:56 PM

McDonald+Salei= GOTTA GO! brutal so far this sabers game and McDonald is a brutal back-up

#27 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:57 PM

Maybe a losing streak will make this deal materialize.

#28 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

Well Holland did say that if the losing continued and goals kept going in he would look to make some moves/ get some help. I was really hoping they were going to pick up Conklin today

#29 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:44 PM

Well Holland did say that if the losing continued and goals kept going in he would look to make some moves/ get some help. I was really hoping they were going to pick up Conklin today

There was no way he could. Wouldn't fit in the cap.

#30 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:18 PM

I was a bit disappointed they didn't bring this up on the Hotstove.

#31 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:45 PM

Maybe Huds play tonight has ended the trade possiblities. Or perhaps Hudler and Kindl would be enough for Bogo without a high draft pick...

I would call him up and see if he would take Hudler and Kindl straight right now.

#32 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:09 PM

Even though it was shot down by Holland, I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. No hesitation at all.

Yep. I can't believe some of the Hudler fanatics. This trade would make so much sense for the Wings that I can't even see straight!

Edited by rage, 26 February 2011 - 10:13 PM.

Posted Image

#33 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

how about

To ATL- Hudler,Kindl,1st Round,3rd Round and a conditional pick

To Det- Bogosian,Bergfors

#34 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:30 PM

Bogosian is good, but he is not so good that he requires a young top-six forward, a potential top-pairing defenseman, and a first round pick.

That's the kind of overpayment that tears your franchise down.

Due to injury, Bogosian has played about as much total time at even strength this season as Jonathan Ericsson. Yet Ericsson has four more points at even strength, and two more overall. Kindl's point production rate hasn't been as high, in part because as the seventh defenseman he has not had a regular pairing or gotten regular playing time.

Bogosian is definitely better than Kindl in the back end, but that plus his small offensive advantage does not add up to Hudler and a first.

Kindl and a 2nd should be a fair deal. Think about it as if that draft pick is a player, as good as his draft spot is supposed to be. Figure that means a second round pick should be virtually guaranteed to be good enough to be an everyday player on an NHL roster in his role, and most forwards get those kind of spots on offense.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#35 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:57 PM

Never trade away a young D man like E or Kindl. E has improved this year and Kindl showed some flash tonight. Hang on to them.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#36 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:30 AM

Kindl and a 2nd should be a fair deal.

That's insane.

Bogo is a 3rd overall pick who's still only 20 years old.

Kindl's got tons of potential but he hasn't even managed to play his way onto our top 6 defense this season. His value is not a 2nd pick away from that of Bogosian.

I like Kindl and I'm a big Ericsson fan but I'd make the Hudler + Ericsson trade in the offseason. I wouldn't make it today because it weakens the Red Wings going into the playoffs and we need to take as many runs at the cup as we can before Lidstrom retires.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#37 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:41 AM

[font="Book Antiqua"]

That's the kind of overpayment that tears your franchise down.

If you get the best player it is a good deal, especially when you have so many prospects to give up.

#38 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:46 AM

how about

To ATL- Hudler,Kindl,1st Round,3rd Round and a conditional pick

To Det- Bogosian,Bergfors

I like your style...

but i think I would do

To ATL- Hudler,Miller, Kindl, 2nd round pick + conditional pick

To Det- Bogosian,Bergfors and a 5th round pick

something along those lines...
be about it!

#39 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:29 AM

Here is more proof that talks occurred, yet nothing went down...

Near the bottom.

#40 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:46 AM

This trade is most likely dead.

Edited by Majsheppard, 27 February 2011 - 01:17 PM.