• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
plopster

Conklin

Rate this topic

I think he played for the St. Lous Bues?

Seriously though, he is a solid backup (even if he is struggling this season with St. Louis), and could really help Howard with the work load. Not sure how that would affect Detroit's cap but Holland will likely at least take a look and see if he wants to pick him up.

Edited by Doc Holliday

If there's a move to be made, I'd guess this would be one. But who knows, Ozzies said to be close. I really liked Conks when he was here, and to not give up an asset for him makes it even better. Lots of good players being placed on waivers last couple days

He's no better than Howard. Why would we get him?

It's one thing to make a move at Nabokov, who would probably have been our playoff starter with Howard playing like dogs*** all year, but Conklin is nothing to get excited about.

Is he better than MacDonald though??? What if Ozzie cannot make it back?

What's his salary? If it fits under the cap there's no way Holland doesn't claim him. If the Wings get him, it's a win-win. Even if Conklin sucks, we didn't lose anything. Even if Osgood is healthy, again, we didn't lose anything.

If Holland doesn't put a claim in on him, then he's serious about not making a deadline move, this is the only move that makes sense for the Wings and it's a risk-free opportunity to fill the need.

EDIT: As for him having a terrible season, Halak is a .907 Save % with a 2.6 GAA, not that great, either. I think that speaks more to the Blues lack of defense, but I haven't seen them play much this year so I'm only going by the weakness in stats for both goalies. I'd welcome Conklin in a heart-beat.

Edited by VM1138

Is he better than MacDonald though??? What if Ozzie cannot make it back?

If we have to go to either Conklin or MacDonald in the playoffs, we're f***ed anyway.

No point in going after a goalie just to play backup. MacDonald can play a few games here and there. It's not like Howard is outplaying him. MacDonald is a decent backup for now.

Edited by GMRwings1983

If we have to go to either Conklin or MacDonald in the playoffs, we're f***ed anyway.

No point in going after a goalie just to play backup. MacDonald can play a few games here and there. It's not like Howard is outplaying him. MacDonald is a decent backup for now.

if we have to go to howard we may be f***ed anyway :ph34r:

true... but no sense running Howard into the ground (if he isn't already) for these last 20 games. Joey Mac's sparse number of starts shows volumes of how much trust Babcock has in his play.

If we could somehow fit him in and carry him until the end of the year, he would make for a really nice security blanket in the playoffs in the event that Osgood reinjures himself. Even having the possibility of JMac backstopping us in the playoffs is enough to cause concern.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I could see the Sharks putting in a claim for Conklin. Niemi is going to need a break at some point. Their other goalies like Nittymaki are all injured right now. Sharks are lower in the standings so they would get Conklin before the Wings would.