• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Blueliner

Teams' third jerseys

Rate this topic

Probably because the Wings would easily draw the most fans to any arena regardless of where it is and it gives the most people an opportunity to see them? Could be any number of reasons. I think you look too much into it though.

Why does it seem that every time the Wings play on the road, the other team wears their third jersey? It's something that has kind of bothered me over the years. I don't get mad, but it's like an itch.

The truth is, these teams wear their third jerseys in attempt to throw off the Wings' moxie. The strange colors and logos are specially designed to disorient the Winged Wheelers. Fortunately our heroes are much too clever.

Sorry, you guys will definitely think this is a stupid question.. but what exactly is a third jersey?

A third jersey is basically an alternate jersey that some teams will use. Every team has a home and away jersey that they use ona regular basis, but basically in an attempt to make a few extra dollars a lot of teams have a 3rd or alternate jersey that they wear every few game, generally just features different colors and/or a different logo than the team usually wears.

A third jersey is basically an alternate jersey that some teams will use. Every team has a home and away jersey that they use ona regular basis, but basically in an attempt to make a few extra dollars a lot of teams have a 3rd or alternate jersey that they wear every few game, generally just features different colors and/or a different logo than the team usually wears.

And they usually look horrible... its just another way to sell more jerseys to fans.

I enjoy when a team like Buffalo whose thirds are classic - and much better - looking wear theirs against the Wings. Last night's game was visually pleasing.

Classic? The Sabres have never worn a jersey like that in their existence.

They are possibly the worst thirds of the season.

Classic? The Sabres have never worn a jersey like that in their existence.

They are possibly the worst thirds of the season.

I think he meant that the look was "classic" with vintage style lettering, etc.

I think the Flames' Heritage Classic jersey takes the cake for worst 3rd jersey of the season, but I don't know if it counts as a true 3rd.

I think the Flames' Heritage Classic jersey takes the cake for worst 3rd jersey of the season, but I don't know if it counts as a true 3rd.

I might be out of my mind, but I kind of liked the Flames' HC jersey. Knowing that they were the Tigers back then, I liked the way they incorporated the stripes onto it. I also like the more gold and burgundy colors...much better than the ketchup-and-mustard ones they have now. I don't know...I can't really give it a full endorsement, but it's one of those "so ugly it's cute" kind of things. I do not in any way support the khaki shorts, however. I don't care if they're traditional - they suck.

Now that you know I'm nuts, hehe, I'm also going to say I'm not a huge fan of Buffalo's thirds. They're better than the ones with "Buffalo" in that stupid baseball lettering, but the lettering could still be better - the swooshy letters don't go with the clean lines of the stripes (which bug me, too). Just do diagonal block letters like the Rangers (whose throwback 3rd jersey is farkin' great, btw), and for the stripes, either go back to the original 3-stripe pattern, or just do 2 if 3 is too much like the home jersey. That 2-sets-of-2 thing is overkill, if you ask me, especially when you repeat it on the socks. I don't like the bright blue on their 3rd as much as the dark blue on their home jersey, either, but as long as that one's the 3rd and the dark blue's the home, I can live with it.

This. Re-reading it, I suppose it was a little muddy; but I much prefer 3rds that are 'throwback' in nature than those of teams like the Coyotes, Senators, Lightning, etc.

I think most teams wear the 3rd jersey against us is because they try to use as a pick me up going into a big game. In college we had 3rd jerseys, and we'd wear them mostly when we were playing our rivals, or other big games.