• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ShakeyWalton

ShakeyWalton

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:50 AM

POPULAR

...best of luck to Shawn Burr in fighting this horrible disease. It would be way too soon losing another Wing. I just want the great Detroit fans to know we are thinking about Mr. Burr and praying for a speedy recovery. God bless.

#2 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:27 PM

You sir, are a man among men.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#3 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:32 PM

I was bummed when I heard the news. My old coach would invite him to our practices and he would screw around with us. Coach even named a horrible skating drill after him. The guy is a bit closer to my heart than other hockey players.

Anyway, thanks for the class.

#4 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:47 PM

...best of luck to Shawn Burr in fighting this horrible disease. It would be way too soon losing another Wing. I just want the great Detroit fans to know we are thinking about Mr. Burr and praying for a speedy recovery. God bless.

More people like you are needed in the world. Great write-up.

#5 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:31 PM

Thank you so much. You know, it is things like this that make me think that hockey fans are the best. We may hate your team or a certain player (and mind you, I am thinking of an Eastern team, and you can imagine who, in particular), but when it comes to the big picture, we all have such compassion and caring hearts. We are all brothers and sisters of the hockey community, and when one of our own is hurting, others come to the forefront and show their kindness. I have met some of your fans in our travels and they have never been anything but kind and gracious.

You may certainly pass our gratitude on to the rest of the Blues family. We will keep you posted as we know more.

Edited by Kira, 27 February 2011 - 02:39 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:41 PM

Thank you so much for the kind words! I was just remembering the days when Shawn Burr was in the Red and White and those great rivalries with the Blues back then. Great Post and thanks for doing that, you have a lot of class :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

#7 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

Props to you for the support. Don't be a stranger, especially when we play you guys

#8 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:22 PM

Thanks for the props man. Class.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#9 BamaWing

BamaWing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:40 PM

Thanks for the kind words man. True class

Posted Image