• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:50 PM

Good thing the cap is to go up 3-4 million next season.

Good thing Crawford's put amazing numbers up so far and has to be re-signed this summer. :thumbup:

hey we should trade for hossa to help there cap situation

14 goals and 35pts in 44 games this season. Let's chain ourselves to a 32 year old forward on the decline for another 10 seasons at 5.3 million dollars a year. :thumbup:
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#22 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:26 PM

I love it how they are spending money like they have it.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#23 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:18 PM

Campbell is the bad contract there.

With the raise, Chicago is paying around $275k more for Toews, Kane, Hossa, Keith, and Seabrook than we are for Pav, Hank, Mule, Nick, and Rafi. Both have two long-term deals. With the exception of Hossa, those guys are young and still improving.

The cap is expected to go up, perhaps by a significant amount, and the $4M bonus overage they're paying this year goes away. Even if they can't get rid of Campbell, they are not really bad off. $10M + whatever cap raise to sign 10-12 players, mostly bottom line players who should cost under $1M. If they could somehow dump Campbell, they'd actually be in pretty good shape.

Brouwer can ask for at least $2.5 or $3M since he is on pace for another 20G season. Kopeckey is doing a little bit more scoring which might mean a raise for him somewhere around $1.5 - $1.8 tops.

#24 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:40 PM

hey we should trade for hossa to help there cap situation

That would wreak havoc with our own cap.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#25 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:46 PM

Is Seabrook better than Stuart? To me they are similar players.

#26 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:58 PM

Good thing Crawford's put amazing numbers up so far and has to be re-signed this summer. :thumbup:

Sweet, i was agreeing with you :thumbup:

Although, he won't command a hefty salary since this is his rookie year and he is 26. hawks will look at Jimmy howard and see that sophomore slumps exist in goalies and not offering Crawford more than 2mil a season.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#27 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:15 PM

s***cago can dump salary/players in the AHL/European leagues at will....what's the big deal? They're not subjected to the salary cap.

Edited by syntax, 27 February 2011 - 10:16 PM.

The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#28 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:34 PM

Brouwer can ask for at least $2.5 or $3M since he is on pace for another 20G season. Kopeckey is doing a little bit more scoring which might mean a raise for him somewhere around $1.5 - $1.8 tops.

Brouwer might get that much, but Kopecky will definitely get more than what you're saying. He moved up to the top six this season and is going to score around 50 points while being one of the Hawks' better defensive forwards.

Is Seabrook better than Stuart? To me they are similar players.

Seabrook is better than Stuart, but he's not worth more than maybe $4m-$4.5m.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#29 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:49 AM

Brouwer might get that much, but Kopecky will definitely get more than what you're saying. He moved up to the top six this season and is going to score around 50 points while being one of the Hawks' better defensive forwards.

Seabrook is better than Stuart, but he's not worth more than maybe $4m-$4.5m.

He moved to top six out of necessity. You are right as he might be able to get more but I said that price range because he does not have a history of being a legitimate top six guy. I know how you don't like the plus minus stat but for him having the lowest +/- on the team he doesn't seem that important defensively.

#30 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:08 AM

$100 million, 10 year deal for Kopecky, you heard it here first.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#31 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:33 PM

Big, young, RH, shutdown defenseman. Plays in all situations. Hits. Blocks shots. Has performed well in the playoffs. Should still be improving.

I wouldn't call it a bargain, but it's not overpayment either.

not to mention the fact that if keith didn't have seabrook on the point with him last year keith doesn't sniff norris candidate let alone win it. all the hawks games i've seen this year, they've been separated and seabrook has been far and away the hawks best dman. keith has been marginal this year and without playing with seabrook so much his point production has gone down. if seabrook had more points last year instead of playing immaculate defensive defence so keith could take the amount of chances he did to get points, seabrooks name would have been on the norris. i've said it numerous times...the only guys in the NHL that i would want to take Lidstroms spot when he retires is in order 1 - Chara, 2 - Weber, 3 - Seabrook and before signing the 5 year deal with CHI, Seabrook was the only realistic option (thru RFA of course). too bad.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#32 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:17 PM

Overpayment, but there are worse people for whom one could overpay, and it could be a bigger overpayment. I feel he's more of a ~$5m player but he likely would have picked up a pile in free agency due to the lust for defensemen, so ~5.8 probably ultimately works out as a discount even though its above his play value.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#33 Jett1913

Jett1913

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

this would be the PERFECT opportunity for Mahimahi23 to come and "talk hockey" ...so uh... where is he?

#34 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:01 PM

The Hawks fans will be here. You can always count on that. Unfortunately.

Oh and I quote Campoli:

"It's a young core group that's had a lot of success, so that's exciting. My game is skating, moving the puck and chipping in on the offensive side. It looks like a good fit, where I'll be able to do that and play to my strengths."

Hehehe... He said it! DRINK!

#35 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:33 PM

That seems a bit too high for Seabrook
IPB Image

#36 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:10 PM

It's certainly gonna be fun watching the Blackhawk salary cap circus this summer.

Edited by Shoreline, 28 February 2011 - 06:10 PM.

#37 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

I mean someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they are paying 8 guys approximately 44 million next season (Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook, Campbell, and Hjalmarsson). What's the rough estimate for the cap next season, $60 mil or so?

#38 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:15 PM

He moved to top six out of necessity. You are right as he might be able to get more but I said that price range because he does not have a history of being a legitimate top six guy. I know how you don't like the plus minus stat but for him having the lowest +/- on the team he doesn't seem that important defensively.

Kopecky for the most part centered a line between Eager and Fraser in the regular season in 09-10 on a line used primarily for grinding and shutdown purposes. In the playoffs he moved to play on a line with Sharp and Hossa, and has spent much of his time this season with those two. Kopecky is a versatile all-around second-line forward capable of playing offensively, defensively, and physically. He can play all three forward spots well, although he is only mediocre on faceoffs.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#39 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:28 AM

this would be the PERFECT opportunity for Mahimahi23 to come and "talk hockey" ...so uh... where is he?

This isn't the thread dedicated to trashing the Hawks and their fans, thus the only one he cares about. And you and I both know he doesn't know s*** about the game so why would he want to come in here and flaunt that?
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#40 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:27 PM

I mean someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they are paying 8 guys approximately 44 million next season (Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook, Campbell, and Hjalmarsson). What's the rough estimate for the cap next season, $60 mil or so?

62-63 mil
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".