• Please log in to reply
442 replies to this topic

#401 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:09 AM

Okay ... how the hell does Z get a -1 on a night like this? How does anyone get a minus on a night like this? :blink:

#402 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:23 AM

Okay ... how the hell does Z get a -1 on a night like this? How does anyone get a minus on a night like this? :blink:

The Wings finished the game up 5 mins earlier than the scoreboard did.

REALLY WE COULDNT PLAY DEFENSE FOR A LITTLE LONGER THIS IS WAHTS TROUBLING ABOUT THE WINGS

PLEASE SPEAK UP-- I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

All I said was that I was annoyed, I know nobody cares and don't expect anyone to care so don't know why you need to make a big deal out of what I think. I guess I am not allowed to have an opinion that the team got complacent late in what should have been a blowout win?

But I am not going to say anything else. I am tired and going to bed, can't wait for the Wings to put down the Ducks again.

Don't mind Crymson... the title under his avatar isn't a joke. But he'll grow on ya.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#403 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:34 AM

But he'll grow on ya.

Wow. You might want to get a CT scan. And soon.

#404 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:20 AM

just got home, what a fun game! And actually, I know everyone here's bitching about the meltdown at the end but everyone at the arena was pretty much laughing about it. We saw one section of wings fan jumping up and down like the Wings scored when the kings did and even the Kings fans were having fun with it and joking around. I haven't had that much fun at a hockey game in a long time.

and I just found this photo..That's me and my chick in the far left (me wearing the Datsyuk Western All Star jersey)

Posted Image

#405 plopster

plopster

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:10 AM

Hey, is that guy in the zetterberg jersey flipping off the guy behind him in the kings jersey?

Posted Image
[/quote]

#406 Wildcard Bitches!

Wildcard Bitches!

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:22 AM

Darren Helm = Luis Mendoza

I gotta get myself a Helm jersey, love the way he's been playing this season especially since he found that scoring touch

#407 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:44 AM

still got out shot, still cant play the whole game, im still not satisfied.

#408 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:03 AM

Did not care for the defensive lapse at the end.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#409 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:58 AM

Did not care for the defensive lapse at the end.

Detroit is not going to be firing on all cylinders in a 7-1 game during an 82 game season.

The Kings scored three goals when the game was already lost. The only negative is it leaves a bit of a sour taste in your mouth after a solid win. Whoop dee freakin doo.

Posted Image

#410 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:24 AM

just got home, what a fun game! And actually, I know everyone here's bitching about the meltdown at the end but everyone at the arena was pretty much laughing about it. We saw one section of wings fan jumping up and down like the Wings scored when the kings did and even the Kings fans were having fun with it and joking around. I haven't had that much fun at a hockey game in a long time.

and I just found this photo..That's me and my chick in the far left (me wearing the Datsyuk Western All Star jersey)

Posted Image

Look at all the Wings fan, sensational! :thumbup:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#411 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:56 AM

Posted Image

more pics of the gf. please and thanks :cool:

#412 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:02 AM

Just finished watching the game (leeched a torrent this morning) and while I like the offensive outburst...it was still four goals against AGAIN. Geez, guys.

This s*** isn't going to fly in the playoffs - you can't expect to score 5+ goals every night, not when the playoffs are so much tighter defensively. <_<

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#413 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:03 AM

I loved Pavel's snipe. Nick's slapper was a beauty too but I'm not sure if that hitted someone because I watched only the highlights.

And another big bunch of Red Wings fans in away building. I love it!
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#414 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:13 AM

im glad i passed out hen it was 6-1

#415 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:15 AM

Believe it or not, the only goal Z was on the ice for last night was the PPG to close out the 1st period. Coupled with the 3rd goal by the Kings, which was even strength and you get a -1.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#416 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:15 AM

Just finished watching the game (leeched a torrent this morning) and while I like the offensive outburst...it was still four goals against AGAIN. Geez, guys.

This s*** isn't going to fly in the playoffs - you can't expect to score 5+ goals every night, not when the playoffs are so much tighter defensively. <_<

In all honesty, do you want them to go balls to the walls for 60 minutes when they really don't have to?

The Kings decided to play when the Wings stopped caring, so obviously they were able to find ways to score. It's not a huge deal.

Posted Image

#417 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:29 AM

Nice win regardless of the defensive lapse at the end. Popping in 7 goals with no Franzen? I like this...

#418 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:33 AM

While I hear what you're saying edi, I really don't think its that big of a deal simply because of the fact that it was 7-1 at the time. If the Wings were winning 4-1 or even as low as 3-1, we would've seen a much more engaged defensive effort toward the end. Unfortunately, with how poor our team-defense and goaltending (at times) have been this year, we tend to get more frustrated about these types of endings than other teams do.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#419 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,641 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:41 AM

Detroit is not going to be firing on all cylinders in a 7-1 game during an 82 game season.

The Kings scored three goals when the game was already lost. The only negative is it leaves a bit of a sour taste in your mouth after a solid win. Whoop dee freakin doo.

While I agree with you, it gives ammo to all the Howard detractors out there. The defense has lapsed a lot this season, and when the detractors say, "OMFG his Save % blows", I just point at a game like this one. Or other games that the defense doesn't help him at all. The Wings do show up when they need to, but I don't like the defensive lapses either. Come playoff time, they are going to have to play the entire game.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#420 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:43 AM

While I agree with you, it gives ammo to all the Howard detractors out there. The defense has lapsed a lot this season, and when the detractors say, "OMFG his Save % blows", I just point at a game like this one. Or other games that the defense doesn't help him at all. The Wings do show up when they need to, but I don't like the defensive lapses either. Come playoff time, they are going to have to play the entire game.

No team is going to be playing hard in a 7-1 blowout in the playoffs.

Posted Image