• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Doc Holliday

Yzerman Kissing Lapointe

Rate this topic

An inch further down and it breaks his jaw. :ph34r:

Why won't players wear full face shields?! If only Stuart has been wearing a face shield he wouldn't have broken his jaw :(

*insert video here*

Holy hyperbole. It didn't hit him in the mouth, it hit him flush just below his eye. A visor would have saved his orbital bone. A full face shield wouldn't have protected Stuart, only Spidey-senses would have helped him.

Holy hyperbole. It didn't hit him in the mouth, it hit him flush just below his eye. A visor would have saved his orbital bone. A full face shield wouldn't have protected Stuart, only Spidey-senses would have helped him.

I was speaking hyperthetically/jokingly of course :hehe:

Nothing worse than seeing a puck hit someone's face. I've experienced a slapshot to the head (in field hockey) and it wasn't pleasant. Still got a nice scar and absolutely no feeling just above my left eye. If they offered helmets or shields/cages in field hockey, I'd still say no though. Find them restricting.

Anyways, this if off topic and for another thread one day. :cool:

I was at that game. It was in Columbus (2000). It was the 1st time I had ever seen "kiss cam" done. Judging from Shanny and Lapointe's reactions it was the 1st time team mates were filmed. Now this is routine. What a great moment.

Pretty sure people were going nuts on this site about finding that elusive video of Yzerman kissing Lapointe on the "Kiss Cam", but the NHL actually posted it on their site and I was able to throw it on youtube for when it gets removed.

I just put it on Facebook :lol:

Thanks for posting this Doc, I saw this on nhl and added as a favorite.. Stevie Y is just well perfect, he's the reason why I liked the Wings and the reason why I started playing hockey when I was 7 years old

<3 <3 <3 <3 I wish I could remember these days better, but alas I was but a babe. :(

Is there a youtube video of him and Mac on the bench where they're both laughing and Stevie covers his mouth like a little school girl? I think it's so adorable. I just love him.

If it's the clip I'm thinking of, that's on the '97 Stanley Cup video.

Yeah why did he cover his mouth like a little school girl?

That's one of my favorite parts of the 1997 footage, but I don't think he was covering his mouth like a school girl, I think he was just wiping his mouth or something.

Didn't find it necessary to start a new thread about this so I just found the most relevant topic already posted...

The Blackhawks visiting the White house got me thinking about a funny story I remember about when the Wings visited the White House in the past.

So I'm asking if anyone has audio/video of Pres. Clinton botching the s*** out of the pronunciation of Yzerman's name when they visited the White House?