15 replies to this topic

#1 selkie

selkie

Beach Bum

• PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:22 PM

http://www.mlive.com...oey_macdon.html

Chris Osgood is optimistically eyeing a March 9 return to the Detroit Red Wings after having hernia surgery in mid-January, which means Joey MacDonald could be returning to the Griffins soon.

#2 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:38 PM

Neato, hope his rehab continues to go well

#3 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:42 PM

Can't wait! Hope he feels like he's fully recovered and not rushing back.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#4 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:47 PM

Here's hoping it doesn't take him long to get into a groove because with the deadline past us, he becomes extremely important if Jimmy struggles down the stretch and into the playoffs.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#5 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:35 PM

I feel really strange saying this, because I've never thought about another man's groin in such a personal manner, but I hope his groin is happy and healthy. Ozzie, we need your groin. Bone up and take charge.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#6 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:49 PM

If he's "optimistically" aiming for that date, that probably means he shouldn't return for at least another week in reality. I hope he's not pushing too quickly. Howie needs the rest.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#7 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:02 PM

Hope they don't rush him back, but when he is back I'd like to see him get a couple starts in a row to get back in the swing of things...as long as him getting consecutive starts doesn't push him too hard.

#8 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:15 PM

The whole Ozzie situation has me really nervous. Obviously I want him to be healthy and well, but its just such a strange time of the season for a goalie to come back from injury and try to get into a groove.
Posted Image

#9 Mikeal

Mikeal

4th Line Grinder

• HoF Booster
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:22 PM

I'll be at the march 9th game. Would be fun to see Ozzy start.

#10 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:23 PM

I feel really strange saying this, because I've never thought about another man's groin in such a personal manner, but I hope his groin is happy and healthy. Ozzie, we need your groin. Bone up and take charge.

Did you have to discuss Ozzie's groin and use the term "bone up"? LOL

That being said, I think Ozzie will have plenty of time to get ready, unless one or the other gets really hot I am hoping for a 50/50 split until the last 4-5 games. It's hard to believe their are only 18 or so games left in the season.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#11 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:26 PM

I hope this means he will be fully recovered and not rushed back. I would love to see him reach/surpass Grant Fuhr's record like he wants too. Poor little thing. :(
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#12 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:31 PM

Ozzie comes back the 9th, plays decently well, Babcock decides to go with him in the playoffs, we win the Cup, Ozzie gets the Conn Smythe.

Millions of Ozzie haters everywhere cry as Ozzie becomes a lock for the HHOF.

That's how this is going in my head.

#13 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:53 PM

Pun intended? :hehe:

Ozzie comes back the 9th, plays decently well, Babcock decides to go with him in the playoffs, we win the Cup, Ozzie gets the Conn Smythe.

Millions of Ozzie haters everywhere cry as Ozzie becomes a lock for the HHOF.

That's how this is going in my head.

My gut is telling me this is what will happen. Replay of 09 but with Ozzie winning the Conn Smythe this time (oh, and us winning the cup too).

#14 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:08 PM

He's Back

Welcome back Ozzie

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#15 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

Healthy just in time to retire.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#16 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:05 PM

I think Ozzie comes back, Babs probs wont play him right away probably the 2nd or 3rd game he is back, but after that I see Babs doing some sort of split between Ozzie and Howard. At the end of the season, last 4-5 games, Babs will go with the goalie playing better and quite frankly, if Ozzie is going (even if him and Howard play at the same level going down the remaining few games) I want to see Ozzie start in the playoffs because he will give them the best chance to go all the way if he is on his game imo.