• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/3 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 3

Rate this topic

So he figured he would fire the team up by scoring on himself? Everyone getting on Mac has good reason to. That was a completely ridiculous play.. Marleau wasnt even winning the race to the puck.. and if you are gonna charge out dump it behind the net into the corner not into the player.

Without him this game would have been out of hand by the end of the first, i just said he did it on purpose because im not to fond of the Wings play tonight. Its not like the Wings got one back anyway the 3rd period offensive push was futile to say the least.

Yeah, I didn't come up with that myself. It just seems to describe their play so well.

Boredom is part of the battle of the every day regular season. The Red Wings are well aware that their job to combat that as much as possible. And so we're back to the classic, "The Wings are too old, too slow, not hungry enough" etc. because boredom can really kick their ass on any given day.

Wasn't a bounce it was a bonehead play but im not going to get on Macdonald he has been the only bright spot for us this game.

Ericsson was just as much or more to blame; he didn't try and force Marleau away from the puck when it became clear MacDonald was going to play the puck.

To blame their struggles this year on boredom is unrealistic. Outside of the the first month of the season, they've been an average hockey team. As much as I hate to say it, they're just not that good this year.

Hopefully I'm wrong and they win the whole thing, but I don't see it.

Edited by Trapt1307

Wow... According to Babcock, we don't suck! Shock to LGW... I agree with him I thought we played a solid road game against a good team on the back end of a back to back. Shake it off!

Go beat the yotes!

Edited by HockeytownRules19

Without him this game would have been out of hand by the end of the first, i just said he did it on purpose because im not to fond of the Wings play tonight. Its not like the Wings got one back anyway the 3rd period offensive push was futile to say the least.

I agree he played well all game except for that. But I've gotta think a team being down by one in the two minutes is gonna have a bit more push than a team that has just watched their goalie give the game away.

Not like it matters.. Seems like the Sharks always show up and the Wings show up in tiny flashes..

On a side note.. I'm sure that there is no actual record.. but Franzen has to far and away have the record for most games without a goal following a 5 goal game.. it's getting redundant now.. he just goes out and floats around the ice..

And I still wanna know why the hell Abby was anywhere near the ice when its 6 on 5 with 2 minutes to go.. :blink:

I agree he played well all game except for that. But I've gotta think a team being down by one in the two minutes is gonna have a bit more push than a team that has just watched their goalie give the game away.

Not like it matters.. Seems like the Sharks always show up and the Wings show up in tiny flashes..

On a side note.. I'm sure that there is no actual record.. but Franzen has to far and away have the record for most games without a goal following a 5 goal game.. it's getting redundant now.. he just goes out and floats around the ice..

And I still wanna know why the hell Abby was anywhere near the ice when its 6 on 5 with 2 minutes to go.. :blink:

I agree if they were down 1 it would have a different effect mentally on them.

With games like this all i can hope is that the Wings aren't giving it their all in order to not show their opponents what they can really do in case they see them in the playoffs.

It may not have decided the game but the Joey flub was a dagger. The team still played a pretty solid road game for a back-to-back on a long western road trip. The Sharks seem to take these games a lot more seriously than Detroit. The Wings let their backup play this one.

Lol. You know, sometimes to have enjoyed a game, you have to look it from the perspective of a hockey fan rather than any particular team's fan. And I've gotta say, J-Mac must've finally realized he needed to remind us why he's a third string goalie after such a solid game... because man, was that lol-worthy from a hockey fan perspective.

so true. i laughed too after seeing that play. not at joey though; rather at the whole team. they have no spirit and their play seems stale. it's been this way since the beginning of december.

Wow... According to Babcock, we don't suck! Shock to LGW... I agree with him I thought we played a solid road game against a good team on the back end of a back to back. Shake it off!

Go beat the yotes!

Exactly. We played well tonight, just didn't have the legs to carry us through it. We just have to chill and move on to the next game. I don't know about the rest of them, but I saw effort tonight, they just didn't seem to have any speed though, and that's essentially what lost the game, Sharks were all over the ice all night, just ready to play.

This "team" is really bad :( no way

trade - Franzen, Filppula, Bertuzzi, Ericsson, Kronwall, Salei and more

I really do hate always being the one to come to Fil's defense, but Filppula was one of the best players last night. Save maybe one bad defensive play, but I guess he can't be perfect defensively.

Feel really bad for Joey. He had played really well until that mistake, which was unfortunate.

He's a better goaltender than some on here give him credit for.

Everyone makes mistakes. Nobody can blame him for this loss based on just that. It was the offense that didn't produce, 1 goal won't win us the game when our defense isn't keeping the puck out of our zone giving the the Sharks plenty of opportunity to score.

Feel really bad for Joey. He had played really well until that mistake, which was unfortunate.

He's a better goaltender than some on here give him credit for.

uh No...not really.

This year he has not played bad...3-4 with a GAA 2.49 is pretty good ... we just cant seem to help him out on the offensive side of things...

for that I feel for him...

but career wise he is 21-42 as a starter.... just sayin'

To blame their struggles this year on boredom is unrealistic. Outside of the the first month of the season, they've been an average hockey team. As much as I hate to say it, they're just not that good this year.

Well that makes no sense. If they can dominate the league as they did the first 20-30 games then explain why "they aren't that good this year".

Are you saying that the first part of the season was "luck"?

Well that makes no sense. If they can dominate the league as they did the first 20-30 games then explain why "they aren't that good this year".

they did have a easier schedule at the beginning of the year. Even most users on here said that themselves.

Guest mjtm77

my god the wings are too old, too injury prone, too slow blow up the team trade everyone and rebuild we are not playing well.

Guest Crymson

I advise that you pay him no heed. He oozes defensive pessimism; he refuses to hope that the team will win it all this spring, as this would open up the way for potential disappointment if the team loses in the playoffs.

In other words, he can simply say "I told you so" if they lose, but if they win it all, he'll bat his eyes and sheepishly smile and act as if he's the team's biggest fan.

The team deserves better than this, IMO.

Guest mjtm77

Averge we are still 2nd in the west pretty sure we are above averge

Everyone does realize we played one of the Hottest teams in the league right now, on the tail end of a back to back, on a west coast road trip, with our THIRD string goaltender and without our number 2 Defenseman?

Sorry if I don't think the sky is falling... Of course I would have loved to beat the Sharks but a Healthy roster in the playoffs where it isn't back to back and were traveling the same distance we beat them in a 7 game series...

crash

Look they know the deal by now, they understand the pacing of a season and playoffs. Its been nearly 20 years of playoff runs and they know it. Recently every season has had a period of games where they constantly start flat and just generally play at 70%. Add in Joey Mac in net and a very very good Sharks team and the outcome is not too surprising.

The problems they have had of late are related to execution not skill level or talent.