• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#381 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:02 AM

Not much drive or urgency or desperation or whatever you want to call it.

#382 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:03 AM

This team is so losing in the first round this year.

Mindfly?!?!
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#383 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:03 AM

No surprise, Detroit scores 7 one game, then 2 goals the next 2 combined. Getting a little old, ah well. Need to play better in Phoenix.

#NOMOREKINDL

#384 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:04 AM

Well.. I know JMac played a decent game aside from that.. but THAT single moment has to shut up all of the people who have said they would rather see him in net than Jimmy. I still have no idea why they played him against the Sharks. A 1 goal playoff style game and you give the game away. If Mac starts anymore games this season then its obvious that Detroit doesn't have any real desire to get to first place. Also, why the f*** is Abby anywhere near the ice in the last 2 minutes with the goalie pulled? :ranting:

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#385 Yellowknife Redwing

Yellowknife Redwing

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:04 AM

This team is going to get crushed in the first round of the playoffs

#386 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:05 AM

This team needs to wake up. I hope these two losses do something.

What is different about these last two losses from the first 17?

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#387 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

I'm getting seriously concerned about our chances come playoff time.

Not enough drive.

And Franzen, DO SOMETHING.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#388 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

mindfly?
Posted Image

#389 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Which is so sad. They have all the pieces to contend for the cup. They need to start clicking these last 18 games.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#390 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:06 AM

someone tell me the season series is over please..f****** hate the sharks. they play us so hard! very impressed by them tonight.

#391 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:06 AM

Lol. You know, sometimes to have enjoyed a game, you have to look it from the perspective of a hockey fan rather than any particular team's fan. And I've gotta say, J-Mac must've finally realized he needed to remind us why he's a third string goalie after such a solid game... because man, was that lol-worthy from a hockey fan perspective.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#392 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:08 AM

well i hope we go far in the playoffs but god damn the sharks played a hell of a game
Posted Image

#393 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:09 AM

It looks like that once again Wings are bored with the regular season. The first time they had good energy during the third period was when the game was already (most likely) out of hand. Still they are 8-4-1 in their last 13. During the regular season its the big picture that matters.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#394 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:09 AM

EVERYONE GETTING ON MACDONALD LISTEN UP:

He did that because the team was playing lazy as hell and doing nothing to help him, the only time we looked to have something positive was Helm on the PK, embarrassing performance but i know this team will bounce back i just hate losing to 3 teams the most Hawks, Pens, and the Sharks.

#395 BlueMonk

BlueMonk

Cleaner

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:10 AM

Joey Mac, oy. The kid really s*** the bed there. That's why he's a career backup.
"Just charge me with the usual." -Bob Probert

#396 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:11 AM

Lol. You know, sometimes to have enjoyed a game, you have to look it from the perspective of a hockey fan rather than any particular team's fan. And I've gotta say, J-Mac must've finally realized he needed to remind us why he's a third string goalie after such a solid game... because man, was that lol-worthy from a hockey fan perspective.

Joey MacDonald is not a good goalie by any means, but you really can't blame that third goal on him too much. He waited too long, but it was pure luck that it bounced right into our net. The first goal he gave up was much worse.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#397 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:11 AM

At least Vancouver is playing s***ty too.

Not a big fan of the lines tonight. We'll see how we do Saturday.

Go get some sleep everyone.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#398 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:12 AM

The line combinations tonight were atrocious at best. Hudler on a line with Draper and Helm while Mule got time with Datsyuk. Abby-Homer-Mo have no chemistry along with the Cleary-Flip-Bert line.

Mule needs to earn his ice time back not be spoon feed it. If Hudler had to earn his ice time back there is no reason why Mule shouldn't have to do the same. Bench him for a game and send a message.

#399 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:12 AM

It looks like that once again Wings are bored with the regular season. The first time they had good energy during the third period was when the game was already (most likely) out of hand. Still they are 8-4-1 in their last 13. During the regular season its the big picture that matters.

I've heard that before...

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#400 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:13 AM

EVERYONE GETTING ON MACDONALD LISTEN UP:

He did that because the team was playing lazy as hell and doing nothing to help him, the only time we looked to have something positive was Helm on the PK, embarrassing performance but i know this team will bounce back i just hate losing to 3 teams the most Hawks, Pens, and the Sharks.

So he figured he would fire the team up by scoring on himself? Everyone getting on Mac has good reason to. That was a completely ridiculous play.. Marleau wasnt even winning the race to the puck.. and if you are gonna charge out dump it behind the net into the corner not into the player.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."