• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#421 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:00 PM

Well that makes no sense. If they can dominate the league as they did the first 20-30 games then explain why "they aren't that good this year".

Are you saying that the first part of the season was "luck"?

I advise that you pay him no heed. He oozes defensive pessimism; he refuses to hope that the team will win it all this spring, as this would open up the way for potential disappointment if the team loses in the playoffs.

In other words, he can simply say "I told you so" if they lose, but if they win it all, he'll bat his eyes and sheepishly smile and act as if he's the team's biggest fan.

The team deserves better than this, IMO.

#422 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:02 PM

To blame their struggles this year on boredom is unrealistic. Outside of the the first month of the season, they've been an average hockey team. As much as I hate to say it, they're just not that good this year.

Hopefully I'm wrong and they win the whole thing, but I don't see it.

Averge we are still 2nd in the west pretty sure we are above averge
Posted Image

#423 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:12 PM

It's not a shame to lose at the tank,cause the sharks are good
What scares me is the fact that they've been beaten by Hawks,Jackets,Preds 2x,Sharks 2x,Dallas and Ducks in the last 30 days :scared:

#424 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:51 PM

Everyone does realize we played one of the Hottest teams in the league right now, on the tail end of a back to back, on a west coast road trip, with our THIRD string goaltender and without our number 2 Defenseman?

Sorry if I don't think the sky is falling... Of course I would have loved to beat the Sharks but a Healthy roster in the playoffs where it isn't back to back and were traveling the same distance we beat them in a 7 game series...

crash

#425 Johnny Law

Johnny Law

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:29 PM

Look they know the deal by now, they understand the pacing of a season and playoffs. Its been nearly 20 years of playoff runs and they know it. Recently every season has had a period of games where they constantly start flat and just generally play at 70%. Add in Joey Mac in net and a very very good Sharks team and the outcome is not too surprising.

The problems they have had of late are related to execution not skill level or talent.

#426 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,566 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:29 PM

It's not a shame to lose at the tank,cause the sharks are good
What scares me is the fact that they've been beaten by Hawks,Jackets,Preds 2x,Sharks 2x,Dallas and Ducks in the last 30 days :scared:

The scary thing is that in recent years the Wings always have trouble with the crappy teams and dominate the best teams. Yet this year they seem to have trouble with the good teams, or at least the teams they could face in the playoffs, while only dominating the sub-par teams. An analysis of records against teams this season will probably disprove this theory, but that's how it seems anyway.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#427 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:40 PM

I think this years team makes me more frustrated than any team in the past

#428 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:04 PM

I think this years team makes me more frustrated than any team in the past

Yeah, almost like they could run through any team at any point or vice versa at any point.....

Can't imagine after these performances that Babs isn't just spitting down their damn necks but who the hell knows???

I am not becoming a normal cynic around here but WAKE THE HELL UP!!!!!

but career wise he is 21-42 as a starter.... just sayin'

Nice stat tidbit but he started for the friggen Islanders.... Just sayin'
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#429 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

The scary thing is that in recent years the Wings always have trouble with the crappy teams and dominate the best teams. Yet this year they seem to have trouble with the good teams, or at least the teams they could face in the playoffs, while only dominating the sub-par teams. An analysis of records against teams this season will probably disprove this theory, but that's how it seems anyway.

It depends on how your define "best teams". Certainly San Jose is a good team now but they sucked the first half of the season. By the same token Dallas was a good team but they suck now. Every team has ups and downs. The Wings are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games which equates to a 0.650 point percentage. If they managed a .650 point percentage over an entire season, they would finish with 106 points yet people on here are complaining.

The Wings have the talent and the depth to beat any team in the league.
Do or do not. There is no try

#430 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:49 PM

Nice stat tidbit but he started for the friggen Islanders.... Just sayin'

He never won much in his first stint with the Wings.