• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

Trevor Gillies

Rate this topic

Gillies enforced, some people here don't like it. Big shocker there.

esteef

Aaron Downey enforced Ian Laperriere after he injured Nicklas Lidstrom. Looking back on it now I don't think Lappy purposefully intended to deliberatly injure Lidstrom, but Aaron Downey did his job standing up for one of the stars on the team, in a way that pretty much anybody in hockey would approve. It wasn't front page news for a week after the incident, it shouldn't have been, I'm pretty sure Lappy understands what he did and why Downey responded.

Now I don't know enforcer etiquette or whatever, but I've only seen two plays of what Gillies has done in his limited career, and he's basically a chicken s**t punk with no respect for others on the ice. And this has been drama news for weeks and weeks on end now.

One of the ways to enforce here clearly doesn't belong with the other. So maybe you should be more specific about your ZOMG PEOPLE DON'T LIKE ENFORCERS ON HERE schtick (which is more b.s. as the days pass by as pretty much most people in here understand their value) before you call people out.

You know what? f*** off. Scott Stevens was one of my favorite non-wing players. I fought when I played the game. I enjoyed having the Grind Line and having fighters on the team. I would have enjoyed Probert too if I had been able to watch him play.

Just because I don't think that the bulls*** Gillies pulled was good for the game doesn't mean its a "pussification of the game". It just means I understand there is a line. You obviously don't and don't really care as long as it is "rough and tumble" hockey.

Tangradi didn't run his mouth to anyone. There was no mention of it and there is no reason to think he did. Gillies is a goon, and a stupid one at at that, and took drastic steps to "enforce" that endangered the career of a young hockey player.

He could have stood up to him and fought him straight up. He could have hit him with a clean, solid, devestating body check. But no, he crosschecked a player in the head, punched him while he was incapacitated, and then after being kicked out went on a taunting spree while he was helpless.

You think that is good for the game? Go ahead, but don't bother discussing anything "enforcer" related to me in the future from now on if you are going to take that stance. Despite the fact he severely affected the career of a person who at worst "ran his mouth" But hey, it's "good rough hockey" right? Who cares who gets injured and how. :rolleyes:

So you claim you like the rough play but your comments here certainly don't support that. Considering what happened between the 2 teams the game before with DiPietro being KO'd and the Pens laughing and taunting, you can bet your ass the Islanders came in with some score to settle. Both teams were talking s*** all game and Gillies had finally had enough. Tangradi would never, never drop the gloves with Gillies so don't even bring up the he could've done it legit bulls***. Gillies wanted a pound of flesh from whoever was on the ice when he was and Tangradi made the mistake of giving him some kind of reason. I guess we'll see how f***in sassy Tangradi is when he returns?

esteef

When Johnson dropped Dipietro, the entire Pittsburgh bench was laughing and taunting, and there weren't many hissy fits about that. Same idea with Gillies. Obviously, the hit deserved a suspension, but some people on here act like they've never seen taunting in the game of hockey before.

Dipietro initiated that fight and got rocked. If they wanted revenge on that they seemed to do a good job of doing so by destroying the Pens in the following matchup (Martin's sucker on Talbot was a good way to give a Penguin hell for it too).

Regarding the bolded: Yeah, you would think Gillies has never been taunted before with the way he went off. :ph34r:

Dipietro initiated that fight and got rocked. If they wanted revenge on that they seemed to do a good job of doing so by destroying the Pens in the following matchup (Martin's sucker on Talbot was a good way to give a Penguin hell for it too).

Regarding the bolded: Yeah, you would think Gillies has never been taunted before with the way he went off. :ph34r:

I never said what Gillies did was right. I never said he wasn't taunted before. I don't know where you're getting that from.

What good does Trevor Gillies do for the NHL?

You can say that about a lot of players actually. But what bad does he really do? He isnt costing his team money cause hes suspended and he has all those s*** head pengus keepin their heads up from now on.

Personally I think what he did was deserved to the pens, I think it deserved a suspension but im glad a guy like Gillies who is s*** at hockey anyways was the one that did it. Maybe finally with one of their guys on the shelf for a month some of them (Cooke especially) will learn