• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/5 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Coyotes 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

Why does Babcock insist on playing Ericcson and Kronwall together? They suck together. They watched as the third goal went in and they watched as the fourth went in and yet they saw ice time together in ot WTF! I know Raffi is out but I would rather see Flip and Huds play together then these two ass clowns.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I think the Howard-haters are full of crap (at least concerning tonight.)

He didn't cost us the game. He didn't necessarily WIN it for us, but our D played MUCH worse than Howie did, on average. If the whole D played at Howie's level, we would have had a win.

The Wings lost, of course it's Howard's fault.

No - our defense has been pretty inconsistent for quite a long time.

That said - it's not entirely the coaching staff's fault; much of it IMHO lies with whom we have back there...If the player is clueless, or just plain sucks - well sometimes no matter what the coaches do they'll still suck.

McCrimmon though is part of the problem - that I will admit.

As another poster said, it's been inconsistent ever since McCrimmon took over.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Well I think that this game showed us something very important.... we NEED goaltending that can keep us in games. idc what anyone says, Howard can make the nicest saves there are, but he continues to let in bad goals at bad times... Yes the wings played lazy tonight, but i do not think they played bad enough to lose a 4-1 lead. I hope Ozzie comes back Wednesday because I am getting tired of watching Howard let in 4 goals almsot every game, then he will have a good game, then let in 4 goals again. I have said it before, and will say it again, if we want playoff success it will be with #30 in between the pipes.

You really need to take a second look at this game if you think Howard let in 4 bad goals.

I just don't understand this team.With all of the talent they have they should be able to play a full 60 minutes and be able to hold on to a lead.

The one thing I do like about Phoenix is that they don't give up no matter what the score is, they just keep on trying to get back in the game.

Thought Howard was fine tonight.

Defence sucks, and it's the reason why we're going out in the 2nd round.

Filppula had a strong game, as did Helm, Bert and Franzen.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg for the most part were awful. Sure Dats almost won it with a second left in OT, but he was making weak passes, turning the puck over, not his usual self.

Something has to be done about the constant lapses.

Go back to Decemeber tho .. the very beginning of that month. Look at how many games Howard has let in 3 or more goals, and then go down memory lane and remember some of the bad goals he let in. Sure, the guy has the odd game where he stands on his head and plays out of his mind and everyone starts talking about how he is getting his game together, and then he always goes right back to letting in 4 goals... I am sorry but you just cant do that in the playoffs. When ozzie comes back I babcock better split the starts between the 2 and if ozzie is on his game he better be the one to get the nod.

Luck and playing s***ty teams can only take you so far.

Presently, it only needs to take them six points higher.

However, I doubt that they're about to rattle off an eleven game win streak while the Wings continue to lose. We're about due for the reverse, actually. And with so few games left it will be difficult (but certainly not impossible) for the Hawks to win a war of attrition with the Wings in the standings.

Why does Babcock insist on playing Ericcson and Kronwall together? They suck together. They watched as the third goal went in and they watched as the fourth went in and yet they saw ice time together in ot WTF! I know Raffi is out but I would rather see Flip and Huds play together then these two ass clowns.

I agree with this, horrible pairing that needs to be split up ASAP.

I think benching Kindl was a huge mistake, we were tired out there, playing 5 defenceman against a tough, strong, quick team, big mistake Babs.

Well, I guess we were due for a truly disappointing end to a game this season. Last year, there were a few leads that were blown and games lost within the final seconds of the game. This loss is similar, but luckily has not happened much this season. Usually, our losses can be seen from a mile away. If it wasn't for the complete breakdown, I would have said that Howard was the first star of the game. Stupid mistakes, miscues, and laziness......

*sigh*

As much as most of us can put 2 and 2 together and see the correlation between McCrimmon being hired as the defense coach and the defense rapidly declining, we keep asking why he still has a job. The front office, including Babs, are smoking something because they just don't see it. This article from this week shows the delusional state they must be in, first to say Kindl has been great all season, and second praising McCrimmon.

"Babcock glowing about Kindl’s ‘transformation’

Babcock is delighted with the progress of rookie defenseman Jakub Kindl.

“I said to (assistant coach) Brad McCrimmon on the ice today, (Kindl) is a different person,” Babcock said. “From training camp to this point ... it’s unbelievable. It may be the greatest transformation I’ve ever seen.

“I don’t know why, but I think Rusty (defense partner Ruslan Salei) has been real good with him. Brad’s doing a good job, and (Kindl’s) put in a lot of time in the gym and he’s stronger and more confident.”

The 6-foot-3, 210-pound Kindl is playing with more poise and has been more physical lately.

“What you try to do is take baby steps. Then you end up moving in and taking somebody’s job, and that’s what he’s trying to do,” Babcock said. “So good for him and good for us.”

But the blame is not solely on McCrimmon. These guys are just not finding any consistency, and they are relying on the excuse of too many games in too short of time too much. I know it's tough on players, but that's the schedule of the NHL. How is this year's schedule different from any other year or for any other team?

Consistency comes from a desire to want to improve and to continually build on those improvements. The team has no motivation this year. Even last year, when they were similarly decimated with injuries, they strove for a common goal (to make the playoffs) at the end of the season and that drive showed. This year, they have the tools to be a great team (depth, lots of offense, goaltending that could be good if consistent, experience, and a team that on the whole has played together for many years and should have good chemistry) but they don't seem to care about using any of that to their advantage.

While I love the Wings, the downside of this team is that it only puts forth an effort when adversity is present or when playoff time comes.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Go back to Decemeber tho .. the very beginning of that month. Look at how many games Howard has let in 3 or more goals, and then go down memory lane and remember some of the bad goals he let in. Sure, the guy has the odd game where he stands on his head and plays out of his mind and everyone starts talking about how he is getting his game together, and then he always goes right back to letting in 4 goals... I am sorry but you just cant do that in the playoffs. When ozzie comes back I babcock better split the starts between the 2 and if ozzie is on his game he better be the one to get the nod.

Did you watch tonight's game or did you just look at the final score?