• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/5 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Coyotes 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

No I watched it... Yah, 3 out of the 4 goals were not his fault per say (the 3rd one he should have had) but we cannot afford to watch him let in 4 goals every game and have ppl say "But he had no chance". The job of a goalie is to MAKE SAVES to keep his team in the game, and you arent doing that if you let in 4 goals in as many games as he does. That is my ultimate point here... he has not been consistently fulfilling his job of being a goalkeeper

Bad game.

Bad stretch.

If Detroit plays bad against Edmonton (I'll be front and center for my birthday) I think I'm going to run the bench and punch McCrimmon repeatedly in the face.

Or just throw him on the ice instead of an octopus, and then they'll scrape him up and throw him out with the trash, and we'll be done with him.

Edited by Miss Wing Queen

Guest Howard He Do It?!

No I watched it... Yah, 3 out of the 4 goals were not his fault per say (the 3rd one he should have had) but we cannot afford to watch him let in 4 goals every game and have ppl say "But he had no chance". The job of a goalie is to MAKE SAVES to keep his team in the game, and you arent doing that if you let in 4 goals in as many games as he does. That is my ultimate point here... he has not been consistently fulfilling his job of being a goalkeeper

Is it the job of the defense to hang their goaltender out to dry because that's what's happening on many nights, including tonight. You and a lot of other posters around here have crazy expectations for goaltending. Expectations which are completely unrealistic, especially with this defense. I really hope you are letting your emotions get to you because this post is just ridiculous.

Is it really? Think about it; all the games with all those 4 goals against. How is it that guys like Lunquist, Crawfard, Niemi, Price all manage to play games and make those KEY SAVES to keep their teams in the game (all teams that do not have the D that the wings do). Those teams get, for the most part, quite a few more quality scoring chances against them then the wings do, but their goalies make the timely saves to keep the team in the game. Yes our D has been questionable, but so too has our goaltending. If you do not see that then you are blind and just cant accept the fact that if Ozzie comes back and is able to get going, t hen he is a better choice then Howard.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Is it really? Think about it; all the games with all those 4 goals against. How is it that guys like Lunquist, Crawfard, Niemi, Price all manage to play games and make those KEY SAVES to keep their teams in the game (all teams that do not have the D that the wings do). Those teams get, for the most part, quite a few more quality scoring chances against them then the wings do, but their goalies make the timely saves to keep the team in the game. Yes our D has been questionable, but so too has our goaltending. If you do not see that then you are blind and just cant accept the fact that if Ozzie comes back and is able to get going, t hen he is a better choice then Howard.

You're just sounding more and more like a blatant Ozzie homer. I can give you every fact and every stat in the world and you will still think Howard is bad. Ozzie is not a savior. This team's issues are beyond goaltending.

Edit:

GA/G

NYR 2.42 (5th in NHL)

CHI 2.70 (13th)

SJS 2.49 (9th)

MTL 2.48 (8th)

DET 2.88 (19th)

SA/G

NYR 29.3 (10th in NHL)

CHI 28.7 (8th)

SJS 28.5 (6th)

MTL 30.7 (18th)

DET 30.3 (15th)

These are the 2 major team defensive stat categories from the teams of the goaltenders you mentioned, including Detroit. Detroit is the worst team in GA/G and second from last in SA/G.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Bad game.

Bad stretch.

If Detroit plays bad against Edmonton (I'll be front and center for my birthday) I think I'm going to run the bench and punch McCrimmon repeatedly in the face.

I'll be at that game as well. I'll meet you at the bench after the game and help out if that happens.

When two of your best players make passes that are lazy and/or unfocused - especially when the defense isn't that good at the time - then they might indeed, be in deep doodoo. Both Datsyuk and Zetterberg made too many wayward, unseeing passes. I don't think they resulted in goals but it burns energy the team shouldn't have to use, trying to retrieve the puck. That, and better DEFENSE.

no i am not saying Howard is "bad" he is just not consistant. His last game against the ducks he was great, but like I said he does not play at that consistent level to keep his team in games. Please though, tell me his stats. Besides wins (which can be largely attributed to the Wings potent offense) his stats are not very good at all. I am not saying Ozzie is the "savior" but I want to see a split among the 2 goalies. If Ozzie is on his game then why not go with him, we have all seen in history when he is on his game he is hard to beat. We simply do not know how Ozzie will be when he comes back, I am saying there is a chance he gets in a groove and catches fire and if that is the case why continue going with the guy that lets in 4 goals a game>?

The Detroit s*** Wings blow their 4-1 lead in the 3rd as they top off their road trip with ANOTHER loss. Hey boys, there is 10 mins left in the game and the Yotes are going to be trying really hard to tie it up. MAYBE, just MAYBE you should try just as hard so they dont pop a few in and tie it up. Where is the work ethic? Thy were scheduled to have tomorrow and Monday off, but I sure as hell hope they get skated hard. Letting in 4 goals a game almost every game is completely unacceptable. Lids, Stuart, and Salei are the only three defenseman that seem to have any idea what defense is. Besides Ericssons oops in ot he has a pretty good game by his standards. Also, the refs tonight were terrible. The first Yotes goal was total bulls*** if you compare it to the goal we has called off the other night. Where is the consistence NHL? Oh yeah, there is none.

I think the Howard-haters are full of crap (at least concerning tonight.)

He didn't cost us the game. He didn't necessarily WIN it for us, but our D played MUCH worse than Howie did, on average. If the whole D played at Howie's level, we would have had a win.

That's the point. To have playoff success, we need a goalie who can win us games even when the defense is sucking. The goalie always needs to be the best player on any team in order to get far in the playoffs. Especially now with the way our defense has been falling apart. It would be nice if he could rise to the challenge.

Why would you need to make a play when you’re up 4-2, stick-handling at their blue line? Why wouldn’t you put it behind them, go get it and then wear them out down low?” Babcock said. “We’ve been around winning long enough that every guy in this room understands. But obviously I got to do a much better job to get them all to do it, because we’re not doing it. So if we want to be successful in the end we got to get it fixed.”

With this guy at the helm, I still have faith in the Wings. But jesus do the players themselves make it hard to watch sometimes.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Did it go something like this?

gets me everytime!~ :lol: