• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/5 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Coyotes 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

Just saw a condensed version if the game and man, the defense really let down Howard, who in my opinion had a real good game. Kindle with a horrible pass and Ericsson acting like a pylon while the coyote was scoring in front of the net!

Did it go something like this?

WTF?!!!! Did he seriously try to jam the remote up his ass?!

if anyone blames Howard for this one they are kidding themselves. Sorry but I know this board has a huge boner for brad Stuart but he's slow behind his own net. Kindl had one hell of a brainfart but that will happen with rookies. I never thought we would miss Rafalski for his D but thats whats happening right now

No I watched it... Yah, 3 out of the 4 goals were not his fault per say (the 3rd one he should have had) but we cannot afford to watch him let in 4 goals every game and have ppl say "But he had no chance". The job of a goalie is to MAKE SAVES to keep his team in the game, and you arent doing that if you let in 4 goals in as many games as he does. That is my ultimate point here... he has not been consistently fulfilling his job of being a goalkeeper

The TEAM has not been consistantly fulfilling his job of being winners. Jimmy was great tonight...everyone else looked slow, lazy and unmotivated. Say what you want about Jimmy this season but last night's loss was not on him!

Bad game.

Bad stretch.

If Detroit plays bad against Edmonton (I'll be front and center for my birthday) I think I'm going to run the bench and punch McCrimmon repeatedly in the face.

I'll be at that game for my B-Day too. Lets hope the Wings destroy them.

I think the Wings play a lot better when they are getting f***ed over by the refs.

The first two periods, when the refs seemed to be actively trying to throw the game to the coyotes, the Wings battled through and went up 4-1. In the third where the calls were more or less even, the Wings completely choked and handed the game over to the coyotes themselves on a silver platter.

What a totally dissapointing ending. But that seems to be the Wings MO lately when it looks like the game should be theirs. Go up by a few, to where the game should be completely in hand, then completely give up and go to sleep while the other team embarrases you. Its a great strategy...

dry.gif

how do you spell 3rd period collapse? r-e-d-w-i-n-g-s

Man that was so dissapointing. Ericsson was looking pretty awful there. I could not believe we threw that point away.

Perhaps if Hudler and Berts shootout shots were a half an inch to the left I wouldn't be so distraught on this game, but man. I am not having a whole lot of Stanley Cup hopes this year if we can't fix the basic problem of we HAVE to score 5 goals to win a game. That much weight should not be put upon the forwards.

They blew a 3 goal lead to a desperate team. s*** happens. The Wings record is still near the top of the conference. This happens every March. The desperate teams go all out and the Wings - not so much.

As long as Chicago doesn't catch us, it really doesn't matter. When the playoffs come, we will be ready.

Chill out people. Haven't you seen this movie before?

See you talk about how Howard has "no chance" on any of the goals he lets in (the many times he lets in 4 goals a game) because of the bad D mistakes. Well, here is game 6 against Dallas from 2008 and you look at all of those saves Ozzie manages to make on "no- chance" shots to keep his team in the game. I find it halarious that certain Wings fans find it impossible to see that Howard is not going to win it all for the Wings when he lets in 4 goals a game practically; it seems this year the Wings are only guaranteed to win if they score at least 4 or 5 goals! That tells me that Howard is not doing his job as goal keeper because goalies should be able to provide saves for his team so they can win 2-1, 3-2 on a consistent basis. If we go into the playoffs with Howard, we are doomed it is as simple as that because, in the playoffs, teams are not able to score 4 or 5 goals a game. Oh, and if you like, later I can pull some videos from Howard in the playoffs from last year and how he blew it for the Wings in game 6 against Phoenix, and REALLY blew it in game 3 against the Sharks.

Simply put, if Ozzie can get going when he comes back, our best bet for success is with him.

I missed the game on Saturday, only saw the high lights... What happend, if someone could please tell me. Thanks

Laziness, defensive breakdown, bad turnovers, lack of effort, not a full 60 minutes, etc....

Wings blew a 3 goal lead in the 3rd to end up losing in a shootout (both Hudler and Bert hit the post in the shootout).

The only positive of the game was Helm scoring the best goal of his career, however that was kind of cancelled out when he made the worst pass of his career which led to a goal against.

Heartbreaking game all around, but one of those games that I hope will ultimately lead to the realization that they cannot be carried by their talent on paper and have to actually work hard and do the right things to win in this league.

Edited by hooon

Laziness, defensive breakdown, bad turnovers, lack of effort, not a full 60 minutes, etc....

Wings blew a 3 goal lead in the 3rd to end up losing in a shootout (both Hudler and Bert hit the post in the shootout).

The only positive of the game was Helm scoring the best goal of his career, however that was kind of cancelled out when he made the worst pass of his career which led to a goal against.

Heartbreaking game all around, but one of those games that I hope will ultimately lead to the realization that they cannot be carried by their talent on paper and have to actually work hard and do the right things to win in this league.

Thanks for the update, sounded like a harsh game to watch.. Talent alone won't win you games... Wings will bounce back next game and get there act together

See you talk about how Howard has "no chance" on any of the goals he lets in (the many times he lets in 4 goals a game) because of the bad D mistakes. Well, here is game 6 against Dallas from 2008 and you look at all of those saves Ozzie manages to make on "no- chance" shots to keep his team in the game. I find it halarious that certain Wings fans find it impossible to see that Howard is not going to win it all for the Wings when he lets in 4 goals a game practically; it seems this year the Wings are only guaranteed to win if they score at least 4 or 5 goals! That tells me that Howard is not doing his job as goal keeper because goalies should be able to provide saves for his team so they can win 2-1, 3-2 on a consistent basis. If we go into the playoffs with Howard, we are doomed it is as simple as that because, in the playoffs, teams are not able to score 4 or 5 goals a game. Oh, and if you like, later I can pull some videos from Howard in the playoffs from last year and how he blew it for the Wings in game 6 against Phoenix, and REALLY blew it in game 3 against the Sharks.

Simply put, if Ozzie can get going when he comes back, our best bet for success is with him.

Now you've done it.

lol is this not true though? How many times this year do the Wings win if they score less than 4 goals? Not many because Howard lets in 3 or 4 goals a game... its pathetic. You can only blame defense so much. Go back to the playoffs last year... even the games that the Wings won Howard managed to let in a ton of goals (some of them being RLY bad like game 3 against the Sharks). The guy defs has potential, but simply put, he is not getting the job done consistently enough right now. If Ozzie gets going and gives the Wings a more consistent chance at winning games 2-1, or 3-2 then the starters job should be his. Only time will tell.

lol is this not true though? How many times this year do the Wings win if they score less than 4 goals? Not many because Howard lets in 3 or 4 goals a game... its pathetic. You can only blame defense so much. Go back to the playoffs last year... even the games that the Wings won Howard managed to let in a ton of goals (some of them being RLY bad like game 3 against the Sharks). The guy defs has potential, but simply put, he is not getting the job done consistently enough right now. If Ozzie gets going and gives the Wings a more consistent chance at winning games 2-1, or 3-2 then the starters job should be his. Only time will tell.

Didn't Ozzie struggle big time last year? And also Ozzie wasn't too good the year before (in the regular season that is) when Ty Conklin was backup.

To me, when MaClellan left the organization is when the goals against started to rise. in 07-08 we had an incredibly low GA number.

I just don't like the logic that Ozzie should automatically get the starters job simply because he is somebody other than Jimmy Howard. I don't think its that simple.

Edited by hooon

First of all, Ozzie was not bad all year last year. He was good up until he got the flu and missed 3 or 4 weeks of action near December. During that stretch, Babcock played Howard because he had to, and then once Ozzie came back Babcock did not give him a chance to get back into it... he waiting like 3 weeks in between starts for Ozzie (and that is NOT fair for a goalie). Had Babcock managed the situation properly, Ozzie would have been able to get into a groove and feel more confident in net after his absence (goalies cannot go 3 weeks between starts).

Also, I am not saying Ozzie should come back and take the starters job just because he isnt Howard. I am saying that with Ozzie coming back, Babs should be doing a goalie rotation to allow both goalies the chance to earn the starter job come playoff time because, at this rate, Howard is not cutting it with his 4 goals against almost every game. I am saying that if Ozzie comes back and is given the opportunity to get a rotation in, and gets on his game, then he should be the starter come playoff time because, simply put, when Ozzie is on his game he is far better then Howard when he is on his game. Like I said, we shall see what happens, but I just have a feeling that Ozzie has something to prove to people when he comes back and he could very well catch fire. Also, I think the team plays better and more confident in front of Ozzie (less scrambling in front of the net and stuff like that and they are better at recognizing what he is going to do moving the puck).