• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/5 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Coyotes 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

I guess...its kind of surprising to me though that one man could have such an impact, especially when he's dealing with a veteran crew that should know what to do at this point without being given a ton of direction.

I find it hard to believe too, also because McCrimmon played a very smart defensive game as a player and is often credited by Lidstrom as a great mentor when he first broke into the league.

But the Wings literally went from years of great defensive hockey to years of lackluster defensive hockey almost over night between the 08 and 09 seasons... Coinciding perfectly with McCrimmon's hire. Hard to ignore that.

I find it hard to believe too, also because McCrimmon played a very smart defensive game as a player and is often credited by Lidstrom as a great mentor when he first broke into the league.

But the Wings literally went from years of great defensive hockey to years of lackluster defensive hockey almost over night between the 08 and 09 seasons... Coinciding perfectly with McCrimmon's hire. Hard to ignore that.

It bothers me that nobody has addressed that.