• Please log in to reply
431 replies to this topic

#401 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:27 AM

This time we didn't have a 7-1 cushion going into the 3rd and still let in 3 and win ... (in LA on Mon)
Maybe the Coyotes reminded themselves that the Wings can let in 3 goals in a very short time!

#402 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:34 AM

Why would you need to make a play when you’re up 4-2, stick-handling at their blue line? Why wouldn’t you put it behind them, go get it and then wear them out down low?” Babcock said. “We’ve been around winning long enough that every guy in this room understands. But obviously I got to do a much better job to get them all to do it, because we’re not doing it. So if we want to be successful in the end we got to get it fixed.”

With this guy at the helm, I still have faith in the Wings. But jesus do the players themselves make it hard to watch sometimes.

#NOMOREKINDL

#403 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:41 AM

Ask my wall and my remote.

Did it go something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc#t=50s

Edited by Howard He Do It?!, 06 March 2011 - 12:41 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#404 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:45 AM

gets me everytime!~ :lol:

#405 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:27 AM

This sucks.

#406 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:33 AM

eh s*** happens, everyone is so worried we will be fine come playoffs
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#407 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:52 AM

Just saw a condensed version if the game and man, the defense really let down Howard, who in my opinion had a real good game. Kindle with a horrible pass and Ericsson acting like a pylon while the coyote was scoring in front of the net!

WTF?!!!! Did he seriously try to jam the remote up his ass?!

#408 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:07 AM

if anyone blames Howard for this one they are kidding themselves. Sorry but I know this board has a huge boner for brad Stuart but he's slow behind his own net. Kindl had one hell of a brainfart but that will happen with rookies. I never thought we would miss Rafalski for his D but thats whats happening right now
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#409 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

No I watched it... Yah, 3 out of the 4 goals were not his fault per say (the 3rd one he should have had) but we cannot afford to watch him let in 4 goals every game and have ppl say "But he had no chance". The job of a goalie is to MAKE SAVES to keep his team in the game, and you arent doing that if you let in 4 goals in as many games as he does. That is my ultimate point here... he has not been consistently fulfilling his job of being a goalkeeper

The TEAM has not been consistantly fulfilling his job of being winners. Jimmy was great tonight...everyone else looked slow, lazy and unmotivated. Say what you want about Jimmy this season but last night's loss was not on him!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#410 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,622 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:02 AM

Still very disappoint.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#411 Hatchet Barry

Hatchet Barry

Long Live The Winged Wheel

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:14 AM

Bad game.

Bad stretch.

If Detroit plays bad against Edmonton (I'll be front and center for my birthday) I think I'm going to run the bench and punch McCrimmon repeatedly in the face.

I'll be at that game for my B-Day too. Lets hope the Wings destroy them.

Never undersestimate the predictability of stupidity

#412 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:15 AM

I think the Wings play a lot better when they are getting f***ed over by the refs.

The first two periods, when the refs seemed to be actively trying to throw the game to the coyotes, the Wings battled through and went up 4-1. In the third where the calls were more or less even, the Wings completely choked and handed the game over to the coyotes themselves on a silver platter.

What a totally dissapointing ending. But that seems to be the Wings MO lately when it looks like the game should be theirs. Go up by a few, to where the game should be completely in hand, then completely give up and go to sleep while the other team embarrases you. Its a great strategy...

Posted Image

#413 casey holmstrom

casey holmstrom

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:01 PM

how do you spell 3rd period collapse? r-e-d-w-i-n-g-s

Man that was so dissapointing. Ericsson was looking pretty awful there. I could not believe we threw that point away.
Perhaps if Hudler and Berts shootout shots were a half an inch to the left I wouldn't be so distraught on this game, but man. I am not having a whole lot of Stanley Cup hopes this year if we can't fix the basic problem of we HAVE to score 5 goals to win a game. That much weight should not be put upon the forwards.
Posted Image

#414 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:21 PM

how can you not blame mccrimmon? comparing to 07-08

salei is an upgrade over chelios and ericsson is a upgrade over lebda. everyone else is just 2 years older. theyre just playingf****** sloppy bulls*** hockey.

#415 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:22 PM

Way to blow a lead. Boneheads. Quit it. Dammit.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#416 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:01 PM

They blew a 3 goal lead to a desperate team. s*** happens. The Wings record is still near the top of the conference. This happens every March. The desperate teams go all out and the Wings - not so much.

As long as Chicago doesn't catch us, it really doesn't matter. When the playoffs come, we will be ready.

Chill out people. Haven't you seen this movie before?
Do or do not. There is no try

#417 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:52 PM

As long as we continue to get at least one point per game from now until playoffs, we will have a top four seed locked up.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#418 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:55 PM

WTF?!!!! Did he seriously try to jam the remote up his ass?!

Haha yes, but the video is actually fake. Tosh did a segment on it, decently funny.

http://tosh.comedyce...---wow-freakout

Edited by HadThomasVokounOnFortSt, 06 March 2011 - 03:01 PM.

hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#419 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

There's embarrassing, there's stupefying, there's humiliating, and then there's this. Normally I'm never happy to miss a game, no matter what, but I'm glad I missed this s***.

Edited by Electrophile, 06 March 2011 - 04:36 PM.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#420 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:09 PM

As long as we continue to get at least one point per game from now until playoffs, we will have a top four seed locked up.

Yeah, well, top three or…

I.

Will.

Be.

Pissed.
*this space for rent*