• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/5 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Coyotes 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

First of all, Ozzie was not bad all year last year. He was good up until he got the flu and missed 3 or 4 weeks of action near December. During that stretch, Babcock played Howard because he had to, and then once Ozzie came back Babcock did not give him a chance to get back into it... he waiting like 3 weeks in between starts for Ozzie (and that is NOT fair for a goalie). Had Babcock managed the situation properly, Ozzie would have been able to get into a groove and feel more confident in net after his absence (goalies cannot go 3 weeks between starts).

Also, I am not saying Ozzie should come back and take the starters job just because he isnt Howard. I am saying that with Ozzie coming back, Babs should be doing a goalie rotation to allow both goalies the chance to earn the starter job come playoff time because, at this rate, Howard is not cutting it with his 4 goals against almost every game. I am saying that if Ozzie comes back and is given the opportunity to get a rotation in, and gets on his game, then he should be the starter come playoff time because, simply put, when Ozzie is on his game he is far better then Howard when he is on his game. Like I said, we shall see what happens, but I just have a feeling that Ozzie has something to prove to people when he comes back and he could very well catch fire. Also, I think the team plays better and more confident in front of Ozzie (less scrambling in front of the net and stuff like that and they are better at recognizing what he is going to do moving the puck).

How could you manage the situation properly ? Detroit was in 9th or 10th place and Howard really turned it on and won something like 16 of the last 18 games and made HUGE saves. Without Howard who knows where the Wings finish, I personally don't think Osgood would have played 18 games in a row without Howard starting and win 16 of them. The team doesn't play more confident in front of Osgood either, look at the games he played this year.. same results, bad turnovers/passing and stupid plays.

So basically what your saying is the team plays bad in front of Howard and creates turnovers so the other team can score because they don't have confidence in him ? If they played a more simple game when puck possession isn't working it would stop alot of the turnovers, I don't really think its Howards fault that they are creating turnovers. I have read a lot of your replies and your very high on Osgood, but hes not the savior of this team, the team itself needs to fix there problems first starting with the defense. Just for an example, watch the last game and see the defensive lapses in Detroits own zone, including Ericsson just watching the puck in his feet and watching Hanzel put it into the net instead of putting the body on the player instead or stick lifting the opponent, instead he elects to stand there and look for the puck. Its howards fault though.

Edited by darkmanx

I love all this support of Ozzie. Wonder what will happen when he actually does come back and doesn't perform to everyone's standards. I hope he comes back and plays great and actually does give Howard come competition. It will be good for both of them.