• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:13 PM

Even if it IS an accident, his timing alone should get him a suspension for sheer stupidity. There is no possible way he could have thought that punch would have landed anywhere near Ott given the timing of throwing it.
Posted Image

#22 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:24 PM

The slo-mo video is a bad angle AND bad timing. What you can't see is that just before he starts to wind up Steve Ott ducks. Steve Ott is literally between the linesman and Demers.

So Demers was trying to punch Ott, Ott ducked, and he nailed the linesmen.

Because Ott is a total D*ckhe*d, it is forgivable.

#23 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,411 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:09 PM

Even if it IS an accident, his timing alone should get him a suspension for sheer stupidity. There is no possible way he could have thought that punch would have landed anywhere near Ott given the timing of throwing it.

Actually, if you look closely, you'll see the linesman's arm push the punch upwards, causing the errant punch.

#24 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

I'm glad the refs realized they stepped in too early and didn't issue a suspension. They have been stepping in on a lot of fights this year (like Abby v Iggy) and it puts the refs in danger.

And he was trying to punch Ott, so that alone negates the possibility of suspension :)

#25 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:37 PM

Can't believe there wasn't a suspension. I'm waiting for video of Steve Ott's 5 minute major and game misconduct for spearing in tonight's game between the Stars and Kings.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#26 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:29 AM

Maybe they should start carrying tasers. It would make quick work of all those scrums.

A little late to be swinging IMO, but I don't see a suspension there. The linesman got popped from his trying to gain control of Demers' arm.

I don't get why they are so willing to jump in and break up a fight. If the two are willing combatants, let them go. They'll quit when they've had enough. These guys are just looking to get hurt.

Edited by BigWillieStyle, 08 March 2011 - 01:38 AM.