• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Babcock speaks out (in a very good way)

Rate this topic

We got 60% of the points on the recent trip, equating that over a full season comes out to 98 points. Not bad, it's a 5th seed in the West. Obviously we need to play better than a 5th seed, but all things considered, picking up 60% of points on a road trip is quite good.

Yeah coulda had more points too if they didnt blow a 3 goal lead in the third period.

Having a 3 goal lead like that and blowing it shows this teams character a lot more in my eyes then getting 60% of the points on a roady

I don't know what to say anymore! The team isn't getting better like they did last year when we got healthy. The Hawks are now on our heals for the division, and I personally think Chicago will pass us now. I have no faith in this team now and it looks like it will be a very short pre-season this year. :ranting:

But but but, I thought everything was okay after the Los Angeles game! :rolleyes:

I knew the games immediately following that one would be letdowns, especially considering the goals given up at the end of that one. That's why I couldn't truly enjoy that win, because I knew that more garbage would be coming right up. This team's getting way too predictable, sadly.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Seeing how this team responds in the next LA game will tell us alot of what this team is really made of. The problem is that when they show signs of being that very good hardworking dominant team that we have all come to expect, they go right back to bringing their lazy B half assed diet wings game. If this team is to do anything in the playoffs, nothing but their best game will suffice. They need to start taking the remaining games seriously heading into the playoffs. I don't care about where they finish in the standings but I do care about how they are playing going into the playoffs. They will be playing a team which has had to scrap and claw and fight their way just to get into the playoffs. So their level of play better be on par with that or it could be like 2006 all over again.

Listless. It's a damn shame to see such a talented group of players, who can easily hang in there with every team in this league, just disintegrate like this in the waning moments. They were getting a pretty dominant performance by their goalie, terrible shots were going in, and they held the flow of play for the bulk of the game. The 3rd came back to bite them in the ass big time and I could just feel it after the 3rd goal. I know it is easy to pick on players at this point but Franzen and Ericsson to me look like they have completely forgotten how to play. Ericsson in particular has just been frustrating me to no end with his dips*** giveaways and little to no use of his large frame. He is far from the biggest problem but he is currently easily replaceable out there with someone like Kindl, who also had a dips*** giveaway. Excuses are tired and done and need to be thrown the hell out and this team simply needs their hunger back. That, my friends, is a hard thing to coach and teach but I still have confidence we can turn this thing around SOMEHOW.

The problem is the other teams have "their number" now and know how to play them. Come on Wings, time to change things up. Haven't you figured that out yet????? :blink:

It really looks like that. Several teams seem to know exactly how to shut us down. It's not just the Wings not showing up, it's the other teams clogging center ice and not giving us room to use our puck possession style.