No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
swansoccer13

Datsyuk Interview on PuckDaddy

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut
‘We wouldn't be lucky if we weren't so unlucky.'
:lol:

If it wasn't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all.

His English seems much improved.

I don't think it was in English. The author sounds Russian. I'm guessing the author gave i t him in Russian and then translated it. Plus, his answers at the end made it sound like he wasn't giving it in English.

Great read though, his humor always shows.

it was weird reading his responses in pure english. I tried to read it in pavel-speak to make it worthwhile :hehe:

the dude is so funny and corny, i love him.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who read it in Pavel's broken English.

lol imagine datsyuk on twitter

Haha, yeah. I wish they would explain to him what twitter is though.

If he were to know that 99.999999999999999% of the people who post to twitter don't even know how to spell or type in understandable english, and that even grown adults type like retarded 11 year old girls writing a text message after having 15 mountain dews, maybe he'd realize his english would actually be among some of the best on there and he'd sign up!

I don't think it was in English. The author sounds Russian. I'm guessing the author gave i t him in Russian and then translated it. Plus, his answers at the end made it sound like he wasn't giving it in English.

Yeah, Dmitry Chesnokov is a Russian reporter who contributes to PD; he does a lot of interviews with Malkin, Ovi, and Datsyuk (as well as other Russians in the NHL) in Russian and translates them to English.

Pavel is always a great interview, whether it's in English or Russian.

Guest CaliWingsNut

ahh yeah, you're right. I didn't notice that. He's the guy who was behind all the Kovalchuk trade news.

Pavel might be my favorite all time player. He is so humble, almost too humble but very smart and has a good sense of humor. Pavel is a great guy and player, there is not one player in the NHL I would rather have on our team. Man love for Pavs right here.

My fav Dats interview

Edited by cjm502

Who do you think is the next rising star of the Red Wings?

It's quite difficult for me to say because I haven't seen a lot of our young players in action. At the same time even though we never pick high in the draft our management and scouting are doing a great job. When we had a lot of injuries this year I really liked Jan Mursak(notes). I think he can really play.

Well said, Dats. :thumbup:

And people wonder why I've loved this guy since he first got here...to call him amazing is kind of like calling the Grand Canyon a hole in the ground.

"To be honest it's difficult for me to pick one word to describe it, or one instance of what he did. But this feeling of warmth and love within the team - it's worth so much. It's what is done for the team that every Detroit player treasures so much."

And this sums up the entire reason why the Red Wings have been dominant for so long, and will continue to be so. It starts at the top with Mr. and Mrs. Illitch, and then runs through the entire organization. It is so much more than having a good coach, or one or two great players. It is the organization's vision, which is evident in everything they do.