• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/9 GDT: Kings 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

- I still believe that Babs has to keep Pavs and Hank together. Why? Because when they get used to each other again and they get their chemestry back they are the best line in hockey. Also, near the end of the game Babs put HOmer on their line and they were much better ... so I think that line will get going starting next game

I don't know. This isn't 2008 anymore.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

goaltending might not be THE issue, but it's definitely one of them. that's clear to any rational wings fan.

If by rational you mean fans who only look at the score sheet then yes.

Legace 2.0

If the Wings were willing to bench Hasek, Cujo and Osgood, why can't we bench Howard?

Just because he's younger? There's plenty of good young goalies in hockey that pop up every year. I just don't see him as a big game goalie. He folded in the playoffs last year, and it's followed him into this season.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I can't get my head around how much Franzen sucks. He's horrible beyond words.

As if Bertuzzi.

And Holmstrom.

Actually, while I'm at it, I'll add Zetterberg, Datsyuk and inivible Mike to this list too.

And Big Earthworm Ericsson.

Agreed. I actually though modano made a few good passes and a good shot tonight.

Z likes to take his nice soft back handers.

Dats likes to try to do it all himself which results into turn overs.

homer is useless without dats and Z.

Bert has done nothing but skate with one hand on his stick

mule i dont even notice him out there.

cleary didnt do s*** either.

90% of the game im wondering why there is no one in the ******* slot or in a shoot position

******* put some lines together and keep them. these lines have no chemistry

Edited by brett

FILPULA or whatever his f--kin name is needs to sit around 3 games .Hes a joke !!!Frustrating watchin these guys lose playin perimeter and i think their very predictable.Gotta get back to hard nosed hockey and get some dirty goals.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Some of you guys are over reacting BIG time. Did we lose tonight? Yah. Did we play bad tonight? Absolutely not.

The Wings played a really good game tonight and they can take quite a bit from this game; moving in the right direction. Here is what I thought:

- the 4th line was FANTASTIC once again

- Pavs had an off night, but I read his interview where he said his hand still bothers him so no beef there

- I thought Cleary had a really bad game in my opinion; he seems to slow down Pavs and Hank and shot the puck from terrible areas

- the refs were TERRIBLE beyond belief

- Howard showed once again that he is not the answer for this team with that first goal he let in off that terrible rebound; the theme continues where howard is unable to keep the boys in games

- I still believe that Babs has to keep Pavs and Hank together. Why? Because when they get used to each other again and they get their chemestry back they are the best line in hockey. Also, near the end of the game Babs put HOmer on their line and they were much better ... so I think that line will get going starting next game

- Modano and Abby had a good game I thought; I like them together

- Overall it was a great game where 2 key things costed the Wings: Howard's terrible rebound and the terrible missed call on Nick... but that is no need to panic and start calling for heads here... the Wings will be fine as always

Really? Howard cost this team the game with one bad goal? It wasn't the inability of the offense to sustain any reasonable offensive effort? It's hard to blame the goaltender in a 2-1 game.

One thing cost the Wings the game tonight: NO OFFENSE.

Guest stinky fish taco

If by rational you mean fans who only look at the score sheet then yes.

then they wouldn't notice all the rebounds flying off of howard that don't directly lead to goals against

you know?

cause there's like...

a lot.

I'll have to check the gamesheet, I'm unaware that he even dressed tonight.

Mule was annoying the crap out of me tonight. I'm so sick of watching him start things, mucking it up, then hiding behind the ref. Other than that I saw a lot of coasting around and just trying to reach out and get the puck with his stick instead of using his size. If someone fed him a nice pass then he'd look motivated for a few strides.

I'm still wondering how Kindl and Ericsson ended up out there together for the first shift on the 4 on 4 in the first period. I though E had a decent game, though it seemed to tail off at the end. like he gets less focused as the game wears on and he moves his feet less. I think his great first pass is what's keeping him out there for now. And not to beat it to death, but he needs to use his size, particularly pinning guys to the boards. It's not just using his size, it honestly looks like a lack of technique. He just doesn't seem to know how to pin guys. Instead of watching Pronger (like I said in another thread). He needs to watch Matt Greene.

Lidstrom was being more physical with Penner out in front of the net then practically any other defenseman.

The definition of insanity is doing the SAME thing over and over again and expecting DIFFERENT results. And by these standards, all of the Red Wings and the coaching staff are ******* nuts.

I was excited to see a hockey game after a few days without it, and I'm glad I got to watch at least one team play like a hockey team instead of like human curling discs gliding on the ice. It was ironic to see all that Babs and the team had talked about improving on (no cute plays at the blue line, dump and chase and wearing out the D, and minimal turnovers) was how the Kings played tonight. Well, at least one team listened.

I would not be surprised if this team falls to 4th or 5th place and has a repeat playoff season similar to last year, but with absolutely NO excuses for it this year. Maybe then the coaching staff will wake up and shake this team up somehow. Hell, as much as I love Babs, maybe it's time for a coaching change if none of what he says is heard and demonstrated by the team. And sad to say, if they are going to continue to play this s***ty, I would almost rather not see them in the playoffs and see them embarrass themselves further.

Bad game: Datsyuk and Z looking like junior league players in their first NHL game, defense slow and hesitant, shooting from the perimeter the whole ******* game--where was the net presence?, and so-so goaltending. Ugh. Helm is the only one who has earned the right to call himself a Detroit Red Wing, end of story!

Guest stinky fish taco

howard defenders are no different than osgood defenders. they're convinced that it's all or nothing. either the goaltender is directly responsible for the loss or they aren't. it's literally not possible for both the goalie and the skaters to be bad, right?

newsflash: multiple players were s*** tonight, howard being one of them. deal with it.

I didn't think that was that bad of a game really. I think some of you just watch the scoreboard more than the game itself. "Oh we lost? we played terrible! helm scored? everyone but helm sucked tonight!" Helm did nothing more than anyone else aside from his weak goal that was more of a bad goal let in by quick than a good goal scored by helm.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

then they wouldn't notice all the rebounds flying off of howard that don't directly lead to goals against

you know?

cause there's like...

a lot.

Find me a goalie who doesn't give up rebounds. I already know what you are going to say "he gives up more rebounds than any other goalie I have seen!" Try expanding your knowledge base past the Red Wings and watch the goaltending in the NHL in general. The days of the shutdown, dominate goaltender are over, unless you have $6 million.

If Howard is really as bad as some are making him out to be then why don't we just bring in Joey. In your opinion he couldn't be any worse than Howard.

FILPULA or whatever his f--kin name is needs to sit around 3 games .Hes a joke !!!Frustrating watchin these guys lose playin perimeter and i think their very predictable.Gotta get back to hard nosed hockey and get some dirty goals.

Not sure what has happened with Filpulla, but he is not the same player we saw at the beginning of the season.

Really? Howard cost this team the game with one bad goal? It wasn't the inability of the offense to sustain any reasonable offensive effort? It's hard to blame the goaltender in a 2-1 game.

One thing cost the Wings the game tonight: NO OFFENSE.

Well, one bad goal can be the difference between winning and losing; or in tonight's case maybe getting at least a point.

The offense obviously was also unable to get the job done, so there's plenty of blame to go around. Overall poor game for virtually everyone outside of Helm.

Find me a goalie who doesn't give up rebounds. I already know what you are going to say "he gives up more rebounds than any other goalie I have seen!" Try expanding your knowledge base past the Red Wings and watch the goaltending in the NHL in general. The days of the shutdown, dominate goaltender are over, unless you have $6 million.

If Howard is really as bad as some are making him out to be then why don't we just bring in Joey. In your opinion he couldn't be any worse than Howard.

I do find it laughable the fans demand a $7m season out of our $1.5m goalie.