• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#361 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:27 PM

Find me a goalie who doesn't give up rebounds. I already know what you are going to say "he gives up more rebounds than any other goalie I have seen!" Try expanding your knowledge base past the Red Wings and watch the goaltending in the NHL in general. The days of the shutdown, dominate goaltender are over, unless you have $6 million.

If Howard is really as bad as some are making him out to be then why don't we just bring in Joey. In your opinion he couldn't be any worse than Howard.

Howard =/= Jmac

Holland needs to trade/waive/bury Howard this offseason and find a real goalie. This guy is af****** joke.

#362 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:27 PM

i wonder what excuses babcock and the players will come up with for this one

Number 47 out of his little blue book, "101 Bulls*** Excuses to Feed to the Media."

90% of the game im wondering why there is no one in thef****** slot or in a shoot position
******* put some lines together and keep them. these lines have no chemistry

I'm all for trying different lines to see if something gets going, but for pete's sake, the team has been jumbled up for half the season because of injuries. Babs, maybe if you played with the same lines longer than 2 games, they'd actually develop some chemistry and generate some offense. You had a great line with Hudler-Datsyuk-Cleary, why did you split them?

I didn't think that was that bad of a game really. I think some of you just watch the scoreboard more than the game itself. "Oh we lost? we played terrible! helm scored? everyone but helm sucked tonight!" Helm did nothing more than anyone else aside from his weak goal that was more of a bad goal let in by quick than a good goal scored by helm.

I did watch the game. And I did see the part where Helm was our main asset on each of the Kings' power plays, eating up seconds with his puck possession, and when he seemed to be the only one fighting for the puck along the boards, and how he seemed to be the only player on the team that knew and display the meaning of "hustle" and "urgency." Sorry, but I didn't get all that off a score sheet.

#363 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:31 PM

now that you mention it, he did have a much better GAA and sv% than howard...realize that isn't setting the bar very high, though. Posted Image

That's easy when you've played 10 games.

Howard =/= Jmac

Holland needs to trade/waive/bury Howard this offseason and find a real goalie. This guy is af****** joke.

You're taking this loss way too seriously. You sound like a complete fool.

Instead of hurling insults why don't you provide actual evidence of why Howard should be cut, and don't use tonight's game as evidence because it will only make you look more foolish.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#364 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:32 PM

Do we have anyone in the min ors with some heart and some fight?Put f--kin filpula in press box and tell him skating and doing f--k all means nothing .They need to start crashing and banging and being able to play 2 kinda games .

See December 31, 2010: Tatar, Tomas.

#365 LadyInRed

LadyInRed

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:35 PM

Sometimes i think you guys want us to lose, just so you feel comfortable hating Howard more

#366 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:38 PM

Sometimes i think you guys want us to lose, just so you feel comfortable hating Howard more

This place is tame when we win and a madhouse when we lose. A lot of posters feed off of the failure of this team. People would rather complain about Howard than talk about the real problems this team has. I'm not saying that Howard should not be included in any criticism but to act like he is the only problem with this team and the only reason they are losing is what gets me ticked off.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#367 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

wow, ide rather watch the penguins at this point at least they have balls. cant say that about this team. they dont deserve to win, and i hope they keep losing until i see some heart. not to mention babs gave them sun and mon off this week instead of skating them until they puked which is what they deserved. totally disgusted with they lack of heart, and wimpy ass play. its a disgrace to the winged wheel.

#368 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Geez. The reactions of LGW tonight makes playoff threads after a loss blush.

#369 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:39 PM

Number 47 out of his little blue book, "101 Bulls*** Excuses to Feed to the Media."

i'd like to see ilitch storm into the locker room and unleash a verbal s***-storm on everyone. if only ilitch was more like "the boss"

#370 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:39 PM

That's easy when you've played 10 games.

You're taking this loss way too seriously. You sound like a complete fool.

Instead of hurling insults why don't you provide actual evidence of why Howard should be cut, and don't use tonight's game as evidence because it will only make you look more foolish.

Defending the POS makes you look like a fool. Have you taken a look at his stats lately? He can't stop a puck at a critical time of the game. His rebound control is like a ping pong ball bouncing off a ping pong table. He shouldn't ever try to puck handle, he causes a turnover or makes bad decisions.

The guy is a bum and a waist of a roster spot. Wings are not winning the cup with him in net.

Edited by Heaten, 09 March 2011 - 10:40 PM.

#371 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:42 PM

Defending the POS makes you look like a fool. Have you taken a look at his stats lately? He can't stop a puck at a critical time of the game. His rebound control is like a ping pong ball bouncing off a ping pong table. He shouldn't ever try to puck handle, he causes a turnover or makes bad decisions.

The guy is a bum and a waist of a roster spot. Wings are not winning the cup with him in net.

i agree about his rebound control, hence the nickname "the rebound"; however, this loss tonight wasn't howard's fault at all.

would everyone be freaking out this much if this loss came off a 5 game winning streak?

#372 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

Have you taken a look at this team's defense lately or this team's offense lately? Go ahead and place all of the blame on the goaltender, you won't be the only one around here doing that. A goaltender cannot do it all on his own, no matter who is in net. It's easy to have s***ty stats with a team like this in front of you. The last game against LA is the perfect example of this. A 7-1 blow out turns into a 7-4 game in about 3 minutes. Jimmy's rebound control isn't the greatest and it has bitten the team in the butt but it's hardly deplorable for a $2.25 million goaltender. Howard has made plenty of critical saves. Howard's made more critical saves than this team has scored critical goals.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!, 09 March 2011 - 10:44 PM.

#373 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:44 PM

if there gunan suck the least they can do it hit some people and drop the gloves to give people any reason to keep watching

#374 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:46 PM

I came in here for 5 minutes to come read about the nut jobs and you friend have made my night....you sound like a fool...the guy gives up 2 goals..one a beautiful deflection and you want him shipped out of town...get used to him you basket case he's here for 2 years on the cheap.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#375 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

No one here can honestly say that they feel comfortable with Howard in net in crucial games.

#376 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:50 PM

No one here can honestly say that they feel comfortable with this version of the Red Wings in ANY game.

There. Fixed that for you.

#377 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:54 PM

I came in here for 5 minutes to come read about the nut jobs and you friend have made my night....you sound like a fool...the guy gives up 2 goals..one a beautiful deflection and you want him shipped out of town...get used to him you basket case he's here for 2 years on the cheap.

Name calling doesn't change the fact that Howard is a horrible goalie. I'll get use to Howard being here the next 2 years, and I'll also accept the fact that the DRWs won't be sniffing the cup the next 2 years, either.

Howard isn't ever going to ever win s*** in the NHL.

#378 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,015 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:55 PM

No one here can honestly say that they feel comfortable with Howard in net in crucial games.

Honest no, I'm not. He was very good last season but had a shaky playoffs, and hasn't been able to return to form. So as we head into high pressure games, it definitely gives pause.

But to be clear, I'm not pinning this loss entirely on Howard. He was okay, not great. For as much offensive talent as this team has, Helm shouldn't be the one with the best scoring chances. It's like with this team they can generate offense but then let it all hang out defensively. Or when they're pretty good defensively they can't score goals. They just can't get it together on both ends of the ice.

This is not a "sky is falling" post. I think this is the Wings longest losing streak of the season, and they still came away with a couple of loser points. They're second in the west. But there's not a lot to instill confidence headed into the playoffs, other than hope that they flip the switch. Hell, that should be the playoff slogan, because otherwise the Wings likely won't go far.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 09 March 2011 - 10:56 PM.

#379 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:58 PM

Why cant we? He won a game 7 last year, thats pretty crucial I think, I don't think his game has changed that much since then has it?

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#380 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:14 PM

I just want a full 60 minutes played sometime soon please, it's all I'm asking for
IPB Image