• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Chara's hit on Pacioretty

Rate this topic

His season is still most likely done with. Chara does this to a player in the winged wheel. This website and all the forums simultaneously explode.

Of course we would go nuts, it's never easy seeing one of your own lie there motionless. However, that's not an argument you can use while forming your opinion of this hit. When it happens in a game involving other teams it gives us a chance to think rationally, rather than jump to conclusions. Personally, I saw it as a standard hockey play, a penalty for sure, but something that happens every night. Unfortunately it had about as bad of a result as possible. If it were up to me, I would not suspend Chara, but I can understand a game or two. Anything more I think is too much.

Guest stinky fish taco

Now it's just obvious that you are trolling.

i'm not allowed to like a pic? whatever you say.

determining 'intent' can and does factor into the suspensions given by the league.

hope that helps.

so do the results and outcome... hope that helps!

I honestly don't give a s*** about his intentions at this point. His victim has a broken ******* neck and severe concussion. Did anyone care that Bertuzzi didn't mean to break Moore's neck? Did anyone care that the guys piling on Bert and Moore afterwords almost certainly worsened Moore's neck injury? Nope.

If I plow into the back of a guy's car on the highway my insurance company doesn't give two s***s about my intent.

THIS! :thumbup:

254939843.jpg

Looks like he knew it was there...but did not "intend" to crack his neck! <_<

I did a google search because the name wasn't ringing a bell but I immediately knew of the incident after seeing the pictures. My search turned up this picture.

bloddyfigureine.jpg

once again you have given me every reason to question your morals......

Posting this pic was a dick move!

Guest stinky fish taco

so do the results and outcome... hope that helps!

where did i say they didn't?

Whoa.

I think it was to show the weirdness of the photo, not to bring upon judgement.

Could he not question the same thing about you after reposting a pic that's shown at least three or four posts in a row?

I speak both of the Chara/Pacioretty hit and the doll.

Edited by e_prime

Quotes from Chris Neil on Chara, courtesy of Bruce Garrioch's Twitter.

"He's pretty honest and pretty physical. That's what makes him the defenceman he is."

"He's not going to try to intentionally hurt someone," said Neil. "If Z's intentionally going after a guy he's going to fight him."

Gotta agree somewhat with this.. if Chara has that big of a problem with Pacioretty it's not like Chara needs to cheap shot him to get his point across.. Chara can more than handle himself in a fight with anyone in the league.. But the other story would have to be if Pacioretty would actually ever even try to drop the gloves with Chara.

Edited by GSBrooks13

where did i say they didn't?

Results and outcome are really THEE only thing they can base a penalty or suspension on.....

if I put my stick in a guys feet...is it a penalty? NO If he falls...as a RESULT of it..... YES...

That is all I meant. It's obvious Chara did not want the outcome....but he did intend to put him into the half boards. ( which ended rather quickly)

there for the intent to hit was there and the outcome as others have said is unfortunate... that does not make it any less of a reason to not suspend him.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Posting this pic was a dick move!

First off, what the hell do you mean once again? I think you are confusing me with someone else. And second of all I really don't care if I offended you. It's not like I posted the picture and said "Hey everybody! Look how hilarious this is! I cannot wait to buy one!" I posted it out of shock that it came up, not to make light of the situation. Be more quick to judge next time. Also, if this picture is so morally irreprehensible why did you quote it instead of censoring it?

Whoa.

Could he not question the same thing about you after reposting a pic that's shown at least three or four posts in a row?

Get out of here with this truth and logic. It's really unnecessary.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Part of me wants to say it's just a fast paced game and s*** happens but the more I watch it, it looks like he looks up, see's the bar and continues into it. Also, I think the most incriminating part of it, is that his hand stayed behind the guys head until his face was smashed into the bar. If he was just hitting him, his hand wouldn't be behind the guys head.

Whoa.

ya know... why would that even get posted in a injury thread.... let him say what he wants about my re-post...... his name is still ALL OVER IT!!!

I am by no means a perfect person...But outside of that re-post show where I have posted something like that?!?!?!?

Forum = Opinions

that is gross.......and you know it! that was so close to the end of a mans life... and for you to defend his posting of it .... well "Birds of a feather........"

Pacioretty had a big hit on a Boston player earlier in the game, dove to draw a penalty and f***ed with Chara last game after scoring in OT. But I'm sure the Bruins, the stand-up guys they are, put all of that aside when they are on the ice each shift.

Chara = guilty

esteef

Pacioretty had a big hit on a Boston player earlier in the game, dove to draw a penalty and f***ed with Chara last game after scoring in OT. But I'm sure the Bruins, the stand-up guys they are, put all of that aside when they are on the ice each shift.

Chara = guilty

esteef

First off, what the hell do you mean once again? I think you are confusing me with someone else. And second of all I really don't care if I offended you. It's not like I posted the picture and said "Hey everybody! Look how hilarious this is! I cannot wait to buy one!" I posted it out of shock that it came up, not to make light of the situation. Be more quick to judge next time. Also, if this picture is so morally irreprehensible why did you quote it instead of censoring it?

Get out of here with this truth and logic. It's really unnecessary.

I am not here to babysit.... You should of maybe shown a little "class" and maybe described the situation instead of glorifying it by posting it to begin with.

besides.. censoring what you posted would only fix your mistake..... Id rather your name get splashed with that as many times as it takes

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

ya know... why would that even get posted in a injury thread.... let him say what he wants about my re-post...... his name is still ALL OVER IT!!!

I am by no means a perfect person...But outside of that re-post show where I have posted something like that?!?!?!?

Forum = Opinions

that is gross.......and you know it! that was so close to the end of a mans life... and for you to defend his posting of it .... well "Birds of a feather........"

You are acting like he was the one who took the time to carefully hand paint the entire figure and sleeps with it on his night stand.. all he did was post a picture he found of it online, during a conversation in which the incident had already been brought up.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I am not here to babysit.... You should of maybe shown a little "class" and maybe described the situation instead of glorifying it by posting it to begin with.

besides.. censoring what you posted would only fix your mistake..... Id rather your name get splashed with that as many times as it takes

You're not here to babysit but you're here to judge what is and isn't allowed to be posted to this forum based off of your own moral convictions. You really need to knock off this garbage. And you showed a lot of class when you called me a dick. How ironic.

You're the only one taking offense to it and I really don't care if my name is attached to it or not. If given the chance to go back I would still post that picture. You're blowing this all out of proportion for who knows what reason. Take a chill pill.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Guest stinky fish taco

Results and outcome are really THEE only thing they can base a penalty or suspension on.....

wrong. the league takes their perception of the intent of the player in question into account, as well.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

You are acting like he was the one who took the time to carefully hand paint the entire figure and sleeps with it on his night stand.. all he did was post a picture he found of it online, during a conversation in which the incident had already been brought up.

I actually cuddle up with it at night. It brings me great comfort.