• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Chara's hit on Pacioretty

Rate this topic

I actually cuddle up with it at night. It brings me great comfort.

You Dick! :scared: Haha.. Anyways, he should probably petition against the OP too.. I mean what kind of sick bastard posts a video of Chara nearly ending a guys life! :ph34r:

Guest Howard He Do It?!

You Dick! :scared: Haha.. Anyways, he should probably petition against the OP too.. I mean what kind of sick bastard posts a video of Chara nearly ending a guys life! :ph34r:

I know! The OP should have taken the high road and given us a simple transcript of the hit. No one should have to look at that garbage!

I don't think that was intentional. Just like to many others here, seems to me Chara only tried to get to the puck before Pacioretty, or else it would've been a chance gone the other way. I strongly think the resulting injuries shouldn't affect the punishment. It just won't work that way.

Edited by Finnish Wing

You're not here to babysit but you're here to judge what is and isn't allowed to be posted to this forum based off of your own moral convictions. You really need to knock off this garbage. And you showed a lot of class when you called me a dick. How ironic.

You're the only one taking offense to it and I really don't care if my name is attached to it or not. If given the chance to go back I would still post that picture. You're blowing this all out of proportion for who knows what reason. Take a chill pill.

Whatever. I know I am a better person. thats all that matters.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Whatever. I know I am a better person. thats all that matters.

Because of this statement I have now been forced to reevaluate my life. How could I be so stupid to offend you? How will I ever get over this? From now on I will ignore the real world and its events and only post happy things. I can only hope to become the kind of classy, moral person that you are.

921-i_love_you_teddy_bear1.jpg

Does this offend you because I can remove it if it does. I just want to be super sure.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Because of this statement I have now been forced to reevaluate my life. How could I be so stupid to offend you? How will I ever get over this? From now on I will ignore the real world and its events and only post happy things.

921-i_love_you_teddy_bear1.jpg

Does this offend you because I can remove it if it does.

:lol: thats funny..... no body would ever believe that!

Guest Howard He Do It?!

:lol: thats funny..... no body would ever believe that!

If anyone does believe it they should become your best friend. I bet you'd get along great.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Because of this statement I have now been forced to reevaluate my life. How could I be so stupid to offend you? How will I ever get over this? From now on I will ignore the real world and its events and only post happy things. I can only hope to become the kind of classy, moral person that you are.

NOOOOO! Stay evil!

Guest Howard He Do It?!

NOOOOO! Stay evil!

I'm sorry. I just cannot. I need to show the same superior morals as Hockeytown_Ryan and the same class as him by pointing out the evils of posting action figure pictures on the internet. Those kind of things cannot be tolerated in this day and age. Every last one of them must be called out for the dicks that they really are. That's the classy and moral way to do it. The dark side bounds me no more!

im more curious on how many games Howard He Do It? will be suspended.

I'll put $20 on 7.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

tee hee your really pissed about other peoples opinions of you eh?

and I need a chill pill??

It's funny that you think I care.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

When was the conference with Mike Murphy supposed to take place?

When was the conference with Mike Murphy supposed to take place?

Supposedly at noon. As informative and hilarious as the ethics class has been this afternoon... I'm ready for a verdict.

Like I said, it'll give us something more to argue about.

Too Long! Too Short! Just Right!

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Supposedly at noon. As informative and hilarious as the ethics class has been this afternoon... I'm ready for a verdict.

Like I said, it'll give us something more to argue about.

Too Long! Too Short! Just Right!

If it was at noon then we should have definitely heard something by now. Somehow I doubt that the meeting would still be going on. Probably got delayed.

And yes please! I'm ready for something of actual substance to discuss.

I'm sorry. I just cannot. I need to show the same superior morals as Hockeytown_Ryan and the same class as him by pointing out the evils of posting action figure pictures on the internet. Those kind of things cannot be tolerated in this day and age. Every last one of them must be called out for the dicks that they really are. That's the classy and moral way to do it. The dark side bounds me no more!

I'll put $20 on 7.

Your right... I should kept my opinions to myself. But you take to much offense to opposing opinions. Calling you names?.. I am sorry for that.

I found that picture offensive. that is the truth. I watched that game LIVE as it happend, and it stuck with me. I was 13 yrs old and almost watched a guy die.

I understand you were not making light of it.. I also understand you care of nothing but yourself. I am not a perfect person and neither are you, we just have to agree to disagree

and leave it at that.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I'd be shocked if Chara got anything more than 2 games.

I'd also be shocked if Chara got nothing.

We all know that he is going to get something because of the injury and he is not going to get nothing because of the injury. 2-3 is probably what we are going to be looking at.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Your right... I should kept my opinions to myself. But you take to much offense to opposing opinions. Calling you names?.. I am sorry for that.

I found that picture offensive. that is the truth. I watched that game LIVE as it happend, and it stuck with me. I was 13 yrs old and almost watched a guy die.

I understand you were not making light of it.. I also understand you care of nothing but yourself. I am not a perfect person and neither are you, we just have to agree to disagree

and leave it at that.

We're still going on about this? I don't really care to derail this thread anymore. If you wish to continue to do so please PM me so I can ignore you there. Thanks!

Darn. I really hope this doesn't end soon. It has a chance to rival the Nabokov thread in sheer dimwittedness and hilarity.....

That sound like a...

Challenge.jpg

I honestly don't understand how anyone can defend Chara's hit. It was clearly interference, it was a bit late, the layout of a hockey rink is well known to Chara (it's not like that stantion should have been a surprise to Chara), the guy he hit is someone he's known to have a grudge against, oh and the other player has a broken neck and severe concussion.

Was this a 'hockey play'? NO. Late hits that result in a broken neck aren't 'good hockey plays'. How can anyone say that kind of hit belongs in hockey? Putting someone in the hospital with a late, reckless hit isn't something we want in our game. Rubbing a guy out along the boards is great-- put him through the glass if you'd like. But there's no room for driving someone into a stantion or the open doors of the bench. We all decried Lemieux for driving Draper into the open bench and this hit is no different. Avs fans probably said 'oh well it wouldn't have been so bad if the bench wasn't open'. Sound familiar?

Chara hit him and Chara is responsible for his own actions. It doesn't matter if he meant to injure the guy or not-- he made a late hit that resulted in a horrific injury. How can anyone say he shouldn't be held accountable for his actions?

Big deal if Chara misses 5 games. The other guy is missing a hell of a lot more than that and he certainly doesn't get to put the hit behind him after 5 games like Chara does. Max will need 2 or 3 months for the bone to heal then he'll need physical therapy and who know what else. There's even the possibility that his doctors tell him he can't risk playing hockey again.

I honestly don't understand how anyone can defend Chara's hit. It was clearly interference, it was a bit late, the layout of a hockey rink is well known to Chara (it's not like that stantion should have been a surprise to Chara), the guy he hit is someone he's known to have a grudge against, oh and the other player has a broken neck and severe concussion.

Was this a 'hockey play'? NO. Late hits that result in a broken neck aren't 'good hockey plays'. How can anyone say that kind of hit belongs in hockey? Putting someone in the hospital with a late, reckless hit isn't something we want in our game. Rubbing a guy out along the boards is great-- put him through the glass if you'd like. But there's no room for driving someone into a stantion or the open doors of the bench. We all decried Lemieux for driving Draper into the open bench and this hit is no different. Avs fans probably said 'oh well it wouldn't have been so bad if the bench wasn't open'. Sound familiar?

Chara hit him and Chara is responsible for his own actions. It doesn't matter if he meant to injure the guy or not-- he made a late hit that resulted in a horrific injury. How can anyone say he shouldn't be held accountable for his actions?

Big deal if Chara misses 5 games. The other guy is missing a hell of a lot more than that and he certainly doesn't get to put the hit behind him after 5 games like Chara does. Max will need 2 or 3 months for the bone to heal then he'll need physical therapy and who know what else. There's even the possibility that his doctors tell him he can't risk playing hockey again.

I agree with a lot of your points.. But I still don't think Chara deserves a very long suspension. Especially if you look at the trend just this year.. Gillies crushes a guy into the boards concussing him and then proceeds to beat him up, then stands on the ends of the ice after bing tossed from the game and taunst him while he tries to stand up.. and he gets 9 games..

Of course after those 9 games he comes back and immediately gets tossed for 10.. but thats not the point. From what I have seen in most cases the NHL relies a lot on yoru previous actions.. and at least to my knowledge Chara has never been really a dirty player at all..

I also see a lot of Canadians fans comparing it to the Bertuzzi hit and calling for an equal or longer suspension to Chara.. which is ridiculous.. Bertuzzi followed the guy around the ice clearly premeditated and then hit Moore. Chara was in the play and didnt want to get beat to the puck..

EDIT :Just read on twitter, no fine, no suspension for Chara.

Edited by GSBrooks13

It does matter, A LOT. It doesn't make sense if you do the exact same thing to some other player but you get suspension just because this guy got severely injured. There are certain rules set in the game. Chara broke those rules; he interferenced a player who didn't have the puck. That's a two minute for interference.

To think that he (also knowing his history) intentionally tried to get Pacioretty's head injured is stupid. The game is fast. He was battling for the puck to prevent a chance going the other way.