• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Chara's hit on Pacioretty

Rate this topic

PACIORETTY TELLS TSN HE IS 'DISGUSTED' AT LACK OF SUSPENSION

"I am upset and disgusted that the league didn't think enough of (the hit) to suspend him," Pacioretty told TSN. "I'm not mad for myself, I'm mad because if other players see a hit like that and think it's okay, they won't be suspended, then other players will get hurt like I got hurt.

"It's been an emotional day. I saw the video for the first time this morning. You see the hit, I've got a fractured vertebrae, I'm in hospital and I thought the league would do something, a little something," said Pacioretty.

"I'm not talking a big number, I don't know, one game, two games, three games...whatever, but something to show that it's not right."

Pacioretty disagreed with Chara's assessment of what happened on the play.

"I heard (Chara) said he didn't mean to do it. I felt he did mean to do it. I would feel better if he said he made a mistake and that he was sorry for doing that, I could forgive that, but I guess he's talking about how I jumped up or something."

"I believe he was trying to guide my head into the turnbuckle. We all know where the turnbuckle is. It wasn't a head shot like a lot of head shots we see but I do feel he targeted my head into the turnbuckle."

This is going to sound heartless, but I completely agree with no suspension in this case. It was an every shift hockey play that unfortunately had terrible results.

Pacioretty sounds to me like he is being advised by his lawyers and building up a case - which I frankly have little sympathy for. It's hockey... You're a warrior - act like it.

I was at the grocery store yesterday. I took someone's head and guided it right into the driver's side mirror. Glass shards in their face... they threatened to call an ambulance chaser but I claimed interference... had to wait to get in the store for 5 minutes. The Kart Kid saw no problem with it. Neither did the Cops.

Didn't really expect a suspension.

"I am upset and disgusted that the league didn't think enough of (the hit) to suspend him," Pacioretty told TSN. "I'm not mad for myself, I'm mad because if other players see a hit like that and think it's okay, they won't be suspended, then other players will get hurt like I got hurt.

"It's been an emotional day. I saw the video for the first time this morning. You see the hit, I've got a fractured vertebrae, I'm in hospital and I thought the league would do something, a little something," said Pacioretty.

"I'm not talking a big number, I don't know, one game, two games, three games...whatever, but something to show that it's not right."

This is going to sound heartless, but I completely agree with no suspension in this case. It was an every shift hockey play that unfortunately had terrible results.

Pacioretty sounds to me like he is being advised by his lawyers and building up a case - which I frankly have little sympathy for. It's hockey... You're a warrior - act like it.

This reeks of another situation which involved one of our current players where a player was seriously hurt. The Chara hit wasn't pre meditated but the legal threat and bulls*** is very similiar.

Didn't really expect a suspension.

I agree with Pacioretty. I don't like suspending because of injuries but this is one place I would bend my belief. I don't think Chara meant to do this, but there is no way to really know. Therefore, a game or two would have shown that this type of hit is not okay, but the league understands that it can happen in the course of the game. Hopefully this would lessen the incentive for dirty players to use the tactic and not overly punish players when it does happen (and there is a significant injury).

As police probe looms, opinion sours on Zdeno Chara hit

Tanner Glass of the Vancouver Canucks was one of the first players to really speak up about the intent to injure from Chara, via Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province:

"If you polled 700 NHL players, 680 would say he knows exactly what he's doing and knows the turnbuckle is there."

"I thought it was a dirty play. I thought he knew exactly what he was doing."

Via Big Bad Bruins Blog, former Bruin Steve Montador spoke about the Chara hit on WGR 550 in Buffalo, and didn't necessarily buy that Chara didn't know where he was on the ice when administering the hit:

"It's easy for me from this side to speculate, but that part of the rink in Montreal, where the benches are, I'd like to think that everybody, unless it's their first game there on the first shift — they might not be 100 percent aware of it — but having played against Montreal a bunch with Boston and with Buffalo … you're pretty familiar with the ice," he said.

"I got a sense that Zee meant to hit him in the way that he did, but I don't think in any way that he wanted the outcome to be the way that it did. The puck had already been chipped past Zee. Maybe just the emotion of that game and from games previous [led to it].

"I think Zee knew what he was doing there, but like I said, in no way would I think that he'd want to hurt him like that."

Guest Shoreline

I don't think I've ever seen such an instance of poor sports like I've seen with both Air Canada and whatever is going on with the Montreal Police being involved. This is getting way out of hand, as funny as it is.

Now imagine if the Habs had lost that game, or worse - it was a playoff game. As it is, this may be the onset of anarchy in Canada.

Canadiens fans make Maple Leafs fans look like rational, down-to-earth human beings.

"If you polled 700 NHL players, 680 would say he knows exactly what he's doing and knows the turnbuckle is there."

Didn't they actually poll a bunch of NHLPA members and 100% of them thought Chara knew what he was doing? I'm almost positive I read that somewhere.

Hooray for technology and the interwebz spewing out a million stories about a check.

40 years ago this would have been a normal Original 6 game with a normal injury. Ahhhh, evolution.

40 years ago there would've been a line brawl after that hit.

esteef

40 years ago there would've been a line brawl after that hit.

esteef

And justice served. Not sponsors trying to back out of the league, a bunch of whiney Canadiens fans (ehh well maybe that still), and Chara would probably have had the original suspension doled out... A busted up melon.