• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Chara's hit on Pacioretty

Rate this topic

Why isn't anyone glad that he got out of the hospital in 5 days? That sounds to me like a pretty serious injury with a broken vertebrae. And doesn't everyone recover from a concussion differently? Look at how long it took Lilja, when that fight happened it didn't look that bad. So much negativity surrounding this incident, he was the victim in this and shouldn't be scrutinized about whether he spent an appropriate time in the hospital.

I agree with Shoreline, the hit wasn't the cleanest, but I feel the league dealt with it correctly in not handing out any further discipline. The NHL can't make calls and suspend players based solely on the result of a hit.

Chara pressed him against the boards and shoved him in a way such that his upper body would go over the boards. If he wasn't trying to put him into the stanchion, he was trying to put him into the bench.

Either way, Chara was trying to do something to him that could or would cause very serious injury.

From TSN:

Any thought that there would be no further controversy going into Thursday's matchup between the Boston Bruins and Montreal Canadiens went out the window on Wednesday with Bruins forward Mark Recchi's appearance on a Boston radio station.

Speaking to 98.5 Sport Hub in Boston, Recchi questioned the severity of Max Pacioretty's injury and the Canadiens' intentions towards defenceman Zdeno Chara.

"I believe they were trying to get Zdeno suspended and they embellished (Pacioretty's concussion) a little bit," Rechi told said on the radio station.

The thing that makes me laugh is the hint of payback on Chara. There isn't going to be any payback on him because he's the baddest dude in the league. You can take whoever you think is the toughest guy in the world and put him on skates and Chara would s*** pump him. I wouldn't bet against him off the ice either.

The thing that makes me laugh is the hint of payback on Chara. There isn't going to be any payback on him because he's the baddest dude in the league. You can take whoever you think is the toughest guy in the world and put him on skates and Chara would s*** pump him. I wouldn't bet against him off the ice either.

He's the baddest until someone puts a bertuzzipunch on him.

I hope something like thad doesnt happen, but no one is injury proof when it comes to cheap shots.

He's the baddest until someone puts a bertuzzipunch on him.

I hope something like thad doesnt happen, but no one is injury proof when it comes to cheap shots.

Very true, but it's tricky to have a step ladder on the ice :P

I would be willing to bet that no one, not even Chara would want to really mess with Shea Weber. Chara has the height and all of that but Weber is just crazy strong. Just ask what big bad Andreas Lilja thinks of him.

I would be willing to bet that no one, not even Chara would want to really mess with Shea Weber. Chara has the height and all of that but Weber is just crazy strong. Just ask what big bad Andreas Lilja thinks of him.

No doubt that Weber is tough and very strong but you can take a survey of every player in the league and Chara wins the debate by a landslide.

No doubt that Weber is tough and very strong but you can take a survey of every player in the league and Chara wins the debate by a landslide.

Until I get a job with the NHL as surveyor or get some contacts with Bob McKenzie, I shall say that they are quite comparable. Some quote or these debates documented would certainly shut me up. Just not sure where you are getting them.

Until I get a job with the NHL as surveyor or get some contacts with Bob McKenzie, I shall say that they are quite comparable. Some quote or these debates documented would certainly shut me up. Just not sure where you are getting them.

Thanks for the smart ass response. Did I hit a nerve or something? Are you related to Shea Weber or did Chara kick your dog? <_<

Thanks for the smart ass response. Did I hit a nerve or something? Are you related to Shea Weber or did Chara kick your dog? <_<

laugh.gif Nope but apparently I struck one. I am Max Pacioretty's brother in law.

All I said was where are these landslide figures you speak of? I realize Chara is a large man, but that has nothing to do with being "the baddest dude in the NHL". Not sure what the super sensitive reply is about. Let's be friends.