• Please log in to reply
305 replies to this topic

#101 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,512 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:43 PM

True, but my point is that he's got a broken vertebrae in his neck and we both know that's the first thing that went through his mind when he found out.

Yes - that could very well be.

Posted Image

IMHO still frame photos, and watching the play over, and over again in slow motion only makes Chara out to be a monster, and gives ammo to those who believe he intentially tried to injure Pacioretty by ramming his head into the "turnbuckle".

When ya watch it in "normal" speed I am of the opinion the 2 players were fighting for the puck (both had their heads down, and were whacking away at the puck) while skating as fast as they could; just that things went bad as Chara rubbed Pacioretty along the boards, and taking their forward momentum into play - he unintentially rode him into the stanchion.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#102 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:45 PM

awesome pic, setting as my desktop.

thanks.

You want a picture of a guy getting his neck fractured as your desktop wallpaper?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#103 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:46 PM

You want a picture of a guy getting his neck fractured as your desktop wallpaper?

Maybe you can send him a picture of Clint Marlachuk nearly bleeding to death on the ice. It was, after all, a fantastic result of a great skate sharpening tool. Right?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#104 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:49 PM

The more I watch the video at regular speed the more I think that the only reason the hit might be suspension worthy at all is because it was interference.. if the puck had of been on his stick and Chara made the exact same hit, it's just an unfortunate bad luck hit and everyone moves on.. but I think you have to have some sort of suspension just because it was a an illegal hit to begin with in a dangerous spot on the ice to top if off. I honestly don't think this deserves any more of a suspension than if Chara had slammed him into the boards anywheres else on the ice when he didnt have the puck..

Edited by GSBrooks13, 09 March 2011 - 01:50 PM.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#105 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

Maybe you can send him a picture of Clint Marlachuk nearly bleeding to death on the ice. It was, after all, a fantastic result of a great skate sharpening tool. Right?

I did a google search because the name wasn't ringing a bell but I immediately knew of the incident after seeing the pictures. My search turned up this picture.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#106 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

yes. great pic. old time hockey.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#107 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:54 PM

yes. great pic. old time hockey.

Now it's just obvious that you are trolling.

#108 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:01 PM

I did a google search because the name wasn't ringing a bell but I immediately knew of the incident after seeing the pictures. My search turned up this picture.

Posted Image

That's not even funny. People making light of the situation like that are sickening.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#109 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:05 PM

We need a verdict so that we can start debating whether the suspension was long enough or not. :ph34r:
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#110 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:06 PM

From Boston.com -

Chara hit difficult to defend

#111 Dano33

Dano33

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:06 PM

His season is still most likely done with. Chara does this to a player in the winged wheel. This website and all the forums simultaneously explode.

Of course we would go nuts, it's never easy seeing one of your own lie there motionless. However, that's not an argument you can use while forming your opinion of this hit. When it happens in a game involving other teams it gives us a chance to think rationally, rather than jump to conclusions. Personally, I saw it as a standard hockey play, a penalty for sure, but something that happens every night. Unfortunately it had about as bad of a result as possible. If it were up to me, I would not suspend Chara, but I can understand a game or two. Anything more I think is too much.
"I can't believe I shook this guy's friggen hand." -Dino Ciccarelli

"Don't think, just play." -Curtis Granderson, always a Tiger

#112 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:09 PM

Now it's just obvious that you are trolling.

i'm not allowed to like a pic? whatever you say.

LOL

#113 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

determining 'intent' can and does factor into the suspensions given by the league.

hope that helps.

so do the results and outcome... hope that helps!

I honestly don't give a s*** about his intentions at this point. His victim has a brokenf****** neck and severe concussion. Did anyone care that Bertuzzi didn't mean to break Moore's neck? Did anyone care that the guys piling on Bert and Moore afterwords almost certainly worsened Moore's neck injury? Nope.

If I plow into the back of a guy's car on the highway my insurance company doesn't give two s***s about my intent.

THIS! :thumbup:

Posted Image

Looks like he knew it was there...but did not "intend" to crack his neck! <_<

Posted Image

once again you have given me every reason to question your morals......

Posting this pic was a **** move!

#114 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:12 PM

so do the results and outcome... hope that helps!

where did i say they didn't?

LOL

#115 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:15 PM

Whoa.

I think it was to show the weirdness of the photo, not to bring upon judgement.

Could he not question the same thing about you after reposting a pic that's shown at least three or four posts in a row?

I speak both of the Chara/Pacioretty hit and the doll.

Edited by e_prime, 09 March 2011 - 02:16 PM.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#116 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:16 PM

Quotes from Chris Neil on Chara, courtesy of Bruce Garrioch's Twitter.

"He's pretty honest and pretty physical. That's what makes him the defenceman he is."

"He's not going to try to intentionally hurt someone," said Neil. "If Z's intentionally going after a guy he's going to fight him."

Gotta agree somewhat with this.. if Chara has that big of a problem with Pacioretty it's not like Chara needs to cheap shot him to get his point across.. Chara can more than handle himself in a fight with anyone in the league.. But the other story would have to be if Pacioretty would actually ever even try to drop the gloves with Chara.

Edited by GSBrooks13, 09 March 2011 - 02:18 PM.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#117 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

where did i say they didn't?

Results and outcome are really THEE only thing they can base a penalty or suspension on.....

if I put my stick in a guys feet...is it a penalty? NO If he falls...as a RESULT of it..... YES...

That is all I meant. It's obvious Chara did not want the outcome....but he did intend to put him into the half boards. ( which ended rather quickly)
there for the intent to hit was there and the outcome as others have said is unfortunate... that does not make it any less of a reason to not suspend him.

#118 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:21 PM

Posting this pic was a **** move!

First off, what the hell do you mean once again? I think you are confusing me with someone else. And second of all I really don't care if I offended you. It's not like I posted the picture and said "Hey everybody! Look how hilarious this is! I cannot wait to buy one!" I posted it out of shock that it came up, not to make light of the situation. Be more quick to judge next time. Also, if this picture is so morally irreprehensible why did you quote it instead of censoring it?

Whoa.

I think it was to show the weirdness of the photo, not to bring upon judgement.

Could he not question the same thing about you after reposting a pic that's shown at least three or four posts in a row?

I speak both of the Chara/Pacioretty hit and the doll.

Get out of here with this truth and logic. It's really unnecessary.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!, 09 March 2011 - 02:23 PM.

#119 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:22 PM

Part of me wants to say it's just a fast paced game and s*** happens but the more I watch it, it looks like he looks up, see's the bar and continues into it. Also, I think the most incriminating part of it, is that his hand stayed behind the guys head until his face was smashed into the bar. If he was just hitting him, his hand wouldn't be behind the guys head.

#120 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

Wow.. Canadians fans might over react some.. Just saw a tweet from a fan suggesting Suspension for the rest of the season and the playoffs PLUS 25 games. :scared: