• Please log in to reply
305 replies to this topic

#121 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

Per NHL.com, Pacioretty has a severe concussion and a non-displaced fractured fourth cervical vertebrae in his neck.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#122 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:24 PM

Whoa.

I think it was to show the weirdness of the photo, not to bring upon judgement.

Could he not question the same thing about you after reposting a pic that's shown at least three or four posts in a row?

I speak both of the Chara/Pacioretty hit and the doll.

ya know... why would that even get posted in a injury thread.... let him say what he wants about my re-post...... his name is still ALL OVER IT!!!

I am by no means a perfect person...But outside of that re-post show where I have posted something like that?!?!?!?
Forum = Opinions

that is gross.......and you know it! that was so close to the end of a mans life... and for you to defend his posting of it .... well "Birds of a feather........"

#123 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:24 PM

Pacioretty had a big hit on a Boston player earlier in the game, dove to draw a penalty and f***ed with Chara last game after scoring in OT. But I'm sure the Bruins, the stand-up guys they are, put all of that aside when they are on the ice each shift.

Chara = guilty

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#124 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:26 PM

Pacioretty had a big hit on a Boston player earlier in the game, dove to draw a penalty and f***ed with Chara last game after scoring in OT. But I'm sure the Bruins, the stand-up guys they are, put all of that aside when they are on the ice each shift.

Chara = guilty

esteef

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuRSLZ8LRRs

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#125 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:27 PM

First off, what the hell do you mean once again? I think you are confusing me with someone else. And second of all I really don't care if I offended you. It's not like I posted the picture and said "Hey everybody! Look how hilarious this is! I cannot wait to buy one!" I posted it out of shock that it came up, not to make light of the situation. Be more quick to judge next time. Also, if this picture is so morally irreprehensible why did you quote it instead of censoring it?

Get out of here with this truth and logic. It's really unnecessary.

I am not here to babysit.... You should of maybe shown a little "class" and maybe described the situation instead of glorifying it by posting it to begin with.

besides.. censoring what you posted would only fix your mistake..... Id rather your name get splashed with that as many times as it takes

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan, 09 March 2011 - 02:28 PM.

#126 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuRSLZ8LRRs

Yes, look at that stand-up guy throwing punches after the game is over. He's not THAT type of player though. :rolleyes:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#127 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:29 PM

ya know... why would that even get posted in a injury thread.... let him say what he wants about my re-post...... his name is still ALL OVER IT!!!

I am by no means a perfect person...But outside of that re-post show where I have posted something like that?!?!?!?
Forum = Opinions

that is gross.......and you know it! that was so close to the end of a mans life... and for you to defend his posting of it .... well "Birds of a feather........"

You are acting like he was the one who took the time to carefully hand paint the entire figure and sleeps with it on his night stand.. all he did was post a picture he found of it online, during a conversation in which the incident had already been brought up.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#128 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:29 PM

i lol'd at the action figure...i guess im going to hell. oh well!

#129 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:30 PM

I am not here to babysit.... You should of maybe shown a little "class" and maybe described the situation instead of glorifying it by posting it to begin with.

besides.. censoring what you posted would only fix your mistake..... Id rather your name get splashed with that as many times as it takes

You're not here to babysit but you're here to judge what is and isn't allowed to be posted to this forum based off of your own moral convictions. You really need to knock off this garbage. And you showed a lot of class when you called me a dick. How ironic.

You're the only one taking offense to it and I really don't care if my name is attached to it or not. If given the chance to go back I would still post that picture. You're blowing this all out of proportion for who knows what reason. Take a chill pill.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!, 09 March 2011 - 02:38 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#130 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:32 PM

Results and outcome are really THEE only thing they can base a penalty or suspension on.....

wrong. the league takes their perception of the intent of the player in question into account, as well.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#131 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:33 PM

You are acting like he was the one who took the time to carefully hand paint the entire figure and sleeps with it on his night stand.. all he did was post a picture he found of it online, during a conversation in which the incident had already been brought up.

I actually cuddle up with it at night. It brings me great comfort.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#132 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:36 PM

I actually cuddle up with it at night. It brings me great comfort.

You Dick! :scared: Haha.. Anyways, he should probably petition against the OP too.. I mean what kind of sick bastard posts a video of Chara nearly ending a guys life! :ph34r:

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#133 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:39 PM

You Dick! :scared: Haha.. Anyways, he should probably petition against the OP too.. I mean what kind of sick bastard posts a video of Chara nearly ending a guys life! :ph34r:

I know! The OP should have taken the high road and given us a simple transcript of the hit. No one should have to look at that garbage!

#134 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:44 PM

I don't think that was intentional. Just like to many others here, seems to me Chara only tried to get to the puck before Pacioretty, or else it would've been a chance gone the other way. I strongly think the resulting injuries shouldn't affect the punishment. It just won't work that way.

Edited by Finnish Wing, 09 March 2011 - 02:51 PM.

Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#135 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:48 PM

You're not here to babysit but you're here to judge what is and isn't allowed to be posted to this forum based off of your own moral convictions. You really need to knock off this garbage. And you showed a lot of class when you called me a dick. How ironic.

You're the only one taking offense to it and I really don't care if my name is attached to it or not. If given the chance to go back I would still post that picture. You're blowing this all out of proportion for who knows what reason. Take a chill pill.

Whatever. I know I am a better person. thats all that matters.

#136 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

Get out of here with this truth and logic. It's really unnecessary.

Forgive me, sometimes my emotions take over.

Posted Image
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#137 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:52 PM

Whatever. I know I am a better person. thats all that matters.

Because of this statement I have now been forced to reevaluate my life. How could I be so stupid to offend you? How will I ever get over this? From now on I will ignore the real world and its events and only post happy things. I can only hope to become the kind of classy, moral person that you are.

Posted Image

Does this offend you because I can remove it if it does. I just want to be super sure.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!, 09 March 2011 - 02:58 PM.

#138 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,522 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:54 PM

From Boston.com -

Chara hit difficult to defend

From what I've read of the fans response - the writer is a baseball guy, and he should keep his opinions to himself on matters relating to ice hockey.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#139 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:56 PM

Because of this statement I have now been forced to reevaluate my life. How could I be so stupid to offend you? How will I ever get over this? From now on I will ignore the real world and its events and only post happy things.

Posted Image

Does this offend you because I can remove it if it does.

:lol: thats funny..... no body would ever believe that!

#140 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:58 PM

:lol: thats funny..... no body would ever believe that!

If anyone does believe it they should become your best friend. I bet you'd get along great.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!, 09 March 2011 - 02:59 PM.