Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:11 PM

It's just not meant to be.

#242 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

Much better second. Hopefully they come out blazin' in the third.

#243 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

figures...not gonna win this one now
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#244 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Is it too much to ask that Toronto and the Refs reference the rule book before they make calls?
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#245 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:13 PM

Edited by matt198913, 11 March 2011 - 09:13 PM.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#246 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,547 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:13 PM

Not a surprising call.

No, it didn't look like he deflected it intentionally. The problem is if you let that go, you could have guys taking a lot of swings at the puck with their glove trying to redirect it, instead of using their stick.

#247 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:14 PM

figures...not gonna win this one now

Do you plan, then, to stop watching? Or have you simply given up hope so you won't be disappointed?

#248 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,159 posts

It's obvious that we're not ready yet to compete with a team of Edmonton's caliber.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#249 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Losing to the Oilers? Are we kidding ourselves.f****** brutal...

#250 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:15 PM

So, did all the refs in the league get together and decide to f*** the Wings out of a goal almost every game or something? Seriously... How many goals on both sides of the ice have the Wings been f***ed out of now in the past few weeks by bad calls?

This s*** is getting absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by sleepwalker, 11 March 2011 - 09:16 PM.

#251 aflac9262

aflac9262

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:15 PM

Posted Image
Reeeejected... :P

Edited by aflac9262, 11 March 2011 - 09:16 PM.

#252 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:16 PM

I think you guys saw the wrong replay.. the no-goal wasn't because Bertuzzi used his glove.. they clearly called Holmstrom for being too close to the crease. :ph34r:

Edited by GSBrooks13, 11 March 2011 - 09:19 PM.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#253 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

FU Toronto!

Posted Image

#254 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Def. a problem with this team... passing to spaces where there are no players, defensive holes....getting out-played by teenagers. However, all hope is NOT lost. We just have to find it soon. Howie looks good other than the first goal.

#255 Yemack

Yemack

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 845 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:17 PM

Not a surprising call.

No, it didn't look like he deflected it intentionally. The problem is if you let that go, you could have guys taking a lot of swings at the puck with their glove trying to redirect it, instead of using their stick.

yeah my team was scored on by that goal I would be pretty upset. however it's not like refs and toronto make right decisions every time on waving goals. I thought it was an arguable goal.
We acquire the strength we have overcome.

#256 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:18 PM

Posted Image
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#257 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,547 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:23 PM

Do you plan, then, to stop watching? Or have you simply given up hope so you won't be disappointed?

Why do you want to know? So you can get a head start on writing a condescending, judgmental post about what we should be saying here?

yeah my team was scored on by that goal I would be pretty upset. however it's not like refs and toronto make right decisions every time on waving goals. I thought it was an arguable goal.

Agreed. I think they ultimately made a good call. I just wish they made it that way when it happened to the Wings. But that requires consistency in officiating, which apparently is an impossibility in the NHL.

#258 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:24 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#259 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:29 PM

Posted Image

Dabsyuk (I don't care how it's spelled) really wants the SHUT OUT! Maybe he'll get that, 20 more minutes.

Let's Go Wings!!!

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#260 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:29 PM

This is unbelievable. The anaheim goal looked like a deliberate attempt to deflect too.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.