• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/11 GDT: Oilers 1 at Red Wings 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Keep the faith my friend....keep the faith!

We got a win under our belts no we go to St. Louis for a tough one. Maybe this will wake the Wings up and we can actually go on a teat before the playoffs and have some confidence going into it!

I'm with this guy. I want to get on a teat as well.

Nice win men. Sometimes you lose the ones you should win and then you have games like this.

In 4 of the last 6 games the opposing team's goalie has been selected as one of the 3 stars.

Tells me the Wings are playing well, but the opposing goalie has had to play exceptional. I feel this is a good sign.

0 FOR 6 on the punyplay says it all and remember, the OILERS iced their f***IN FARM TEAM with only 3 LINES to rotate. Nothing to be encouraged about in this game.

Edited by nuts2u

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

after the game i was dancing like this:

skip to about 2:20 :yowza:

So Howard does one better than last time and keeps it down to one goal against, and we're STILL complaining about him? Yeah, he really sucks, doesn't he? I can't believe he let in that one whole soft goal. I mean, there's no reason he couldn't have got us a shutout so that the rest of the team could've taken the night off...what a lazy bum. Trade him.

LOL. And if the wings hadn't miraculously scored a goal by pure luck hit 2 edm players, the wings would have lost on arguably the worst goal Howard has given up this year.

Look at the big picture there pal. Howard has a horrid GAA and a horrid SV%.

I agree. If you want real hockey talk, go over to the hfboards. The hockey fans there are much more down to earth and its refreshing. I come here to discuss the games with fans of the team I love, but it seems here, too many red wings fans have brain damage.

Howard let in one bad goal. Hell, its a goal I let in probably once every two weeks. Anyway, he rebounds and plays solid, yet still gets the shaft. Just further proof of the lofty expectations that wings fans here have on their goalies. In order for a goalie to be great here, 3 of the 4 things must happen every game.

1. A shutout

2. No rebounds

3. Less than 1.50 GAA

4. Greater than a .945 Save Percentage

Print this out and circle the ones that are applicable. If you can't circle 3, he is a bad goalie and should be traded.

This is the most retarded post I've seen here in awhile.

First, don't compare yourself to Howard LOL. You're not an NHL goalie dude, so you are expected to let soft goals in. Second, Howard doesn't play solid. Howard has a horrible GAA. The real fact remains that the wings have not played well and have not been consistent at all over a long period of time, yet you're focused on a very lucky win yesterday, against the 3rd worst team in the league.

People would be singing a very different tune today if we hadn't gotten purely lucky at the end there, VERY DIFFERENT. It would have been a 1-0 loss on the worst goal Howard's ever given up, and people would have been down on the wings offense, and their continued lack of defense, and continued lack of 60 minute play.

IT WAS EDMONTON! Actually, it wasn't even Edmonton, it was the AHL Edmonton team. It was a joke that the wings couldn't score any goals against that team yesterday.

LOOK at the big picture.

it was a good call. on the replay you can clearly see bertuzzi take his hand off his stick and deflect the puck with it (his left hand). it looked totally intentional and bert himself didn't argue the call afterwards. he knew.

Someone posted a youtube clip of Anaheim doing almost the identical thing Bertuzzi did to the wings and they allowed it. So, the NHL was wrong on one of the calls.

I would love to see the NHL try to explain the Anaheim clip and why it was allowed and then explain the Bertuzzi play and why it was disallowed.

LOL. And if the wings hadn't miraculously scored a goal by pure luck hit 2 edm players, the wings would have lost on arguably the worst goal Howard has given up this year.

First, don't compare yourself to Howard LOL. You're not an NHL goalie dude, so you are expected to let soft goals in. Second, Howard doesn't play solid. Howard has a horrible GAA. The real fact remains that the wings have not played well and have not been consistent at all over a long period of time, yet you're focused on a very lucky win yesterday, against the 3rd worst team in the league.

People would be singing a very different tune today if we hadn't gotten purely lucky at the end there, VERY DIFFERENT. It would have been a 1-0 loss on the worst goal Howard's ever given up, and people would have been down on the wings offense, and their continued lack of defense, and continued lack of 60 minute play.

IT WAS EDMONTON! Actually, it wasn't even Edmonton, it was the AHL Edmonton team. It was a joke that the wings couldn't score any goals against that team yesterday.

LOOK at the big picture.

Exactly!

A win is a win,and I will take 16 of these in the playoffs, but too bad it aint gonna happen that way. Watching the Wings the past month has made me so happy that Holland didn't make a deadline move :ninja: I am so glad Hudler is awesome and that Franzen is the new Fedorov. Then entire defense is horrible (whether it's McCrimmon or the players I don't know) and if it weren't for three or four forwards this team would be outside the playoffs looking in. This team needs a fire lit underneath them, too bad the trade deadline came and went with nothing even resembling a smoldering ash being lit. I realize there wasn't much wiggle room, but sometimes making a huge move sets the wheel in motion. Of course, there probably weren't many teams out there wanting any of our crap...

...I will just tighten the belt one more notch and cross my fingers and hold on tight and hope for some luck in the playoffs! (especially when everyone gets healthy! ...oh wait...)

Edited by LeftWinger

So Howard does one better than last time and keeps it down to one goal against, and we're STILL complaining about him? Yeah, he really sucks, doesn't he? I can't believe he let in that one whole soft goal. I mean, there's no reason he couldn't have got us a shutout so that the rest of the team could've taken the night off...what a lazy bum. Trade him.

Howard let in one awful goal to start things off. But recovered and made some big saves the rest of the game.

All in all I think people are complaining about Howard and the Wings in general because it's not just about this game. It's about the playoffs.

I'm looking for some semblance of consistency and hard work from this team as it heads into the playoffs and they really haven't shown it. Overall Howard played well, but let in an awful goal. The Wings got two points, but it required a really fortunate bounce and last minute heroics, all against the lowly Oilers who have injury problems to boot. Those are things you definitely don't want to see in the playoffs, and I keep waiting for this Wings team to get it dialed in.

I agree. If you want real hockey talk, go over to the hfboards. The hockey fans there are much more down to earth and its refreshing. I come here to discuss the games with fans of the team I love, but it seems here, too many red wings fans have brain damage.

Howard let in one bad goal. Hell, its a goal I let in probably once every two weeks. Anyway, he rebounds and plays solid, yet still gets the shaft. Just further proof of the lofty expectations that wings fans here have on their goalies. In order for a goalie to be great here, 3 of the 4 things must happen every game.

1. A shutout

2. No rebounds

3. Less than 1.50 GAA

Print this out and circle the ones that are applicable. If you can't circle 3, he is a bad goalie and should be traded.

You must be new there. :P hfboards has some great posters and it does give you a decent view of perspectives around the league. But the idiot factor is also a thousand times higher there than here.

As someone else put it, if not for an incredibly lucky deflection off an Oilers player the Wings would've lost to the worst team in the NHL because of an awful goal by Howard. It's great that they pulled this out and stole two points. But as I said in my other post, it's not just about this game. It's about this team getting its s*** together for the postseason.

And we've been saying for 60+ games how there's still time for that to happen. Well, now is that time.

I'm with this guy. I want to get on a teat as well.

Nice win men. Sometimes you lose the ones you should win and then you have games like this.

Thank you for kindly, yet gently pointing out my lack of proofreading.

I think a teat will be 100x better than a tear before the playoffs.

:P

Howard let in one awful goal to start things off. But recovered and made some big saves the rest of the game.

All in all I think people are complaining about Howard and the Wings in general because it's not just about this game. It's about the playoffs.

I'm looking for some semblance of consistency and hard work from this team as it heads into the playoffs and they really haven't shown it. Overall Howard played well, but let in an awful goal. The Wings got two points, but it required a really fortunate bounce and last minute heroics, all against the lowly Oilers who have injury problems to boot. Those are things you definitely don't want to see in the playoffs, and I keep waiting for this Wings team to get it dialed in.

+1

Lately, the team seems to show up when they want to and then work half assed when they do show up

Jimmah(!) hasn't been the sole problem here folks. If he is letting in 1 awful goal a game and then standing on his head for the rest of the game, the forwards should be able to score at least 2. We can't expect him to pitch the SO every damn game! That's not how it works. If our forwards and defensemen would show up and play with a little more fundamentals instead of getting fancy, making dumb decisions, and turning the puck over (cough Ericsson cough) Jimmah(!) won't have to pitch a SO and letting in "1 awful goal" won't kill the team or require that every time he let's in one goal, we call for his head.

Yeah, and the lack of offense was his fault also?

Did I say Howard had a terrible game? Did I say the lack of offense was his fault?

Down boy. As a fan who had one of his few experiences at the Joe I mentioned what affected me the most. He had a bad goal. I didn't say he almost lost the game or that I want MacDonald out there or that this team can't go anywhere with Howard. I stated a simple fact that he let in a ridiculously terrible goal.

Honestly Crymson, what did I tell you about complaining about fans complaining?

From HF:

Lids is first star without a doubt. He had a great game.

Howard is second star. Bad goal in the first but some really great saves to get the crowd behind him and the team.

Dubnyk should get the third. Great performance with 44 shots against.

Honorable mention: Datsyuk

Edited by Doc Holliday

1. A shutout

2. No rebounds

3. Less than 1.50 GAA

Great post. LGW has seemed to have decayed into a ***** and moan fest. I don't come on here to read irrational posts about how so and so sucks and the Wings are not going to make it past the first round. How 'bout some intelligent posts about hockey.

Fact is, Howard let in one bad goal last night then shut the door. The Oilers goalie played a great game and their skaters played great defense. Howard has not had a great year but that is no excuse for people to not recognize when he does play great.

Sure the Wings got a lucky goal at the end but that's the way the puck bounces. Sometimes you get the breaks and sometimes you don't. Does anybody remember last game 3 days ago when the Wings lost because the Refs missed an obvious high-sticking call?

Intelligent posts about the game - not so and so sucks, that's what I want to see...

+1

Lately, the team seems to show up when they want to and then work half assed when they do show up

Jimmah(!) hasn't been the sole problem here folks. If he is letting in 1 awful goal a game and then standing on his head for the rest of the game, the forwards should be able to score at least 2. We can't expect him to pitch the SO every damn game! That's not how it works. If our forwards and defensemen would show up and play with a little more fundamentals instead of getting fancy, making dumb decisions, and turning the puck over (cough Ericsson cough) Jimmah(!) won't have to pitch a SO and letting in "1 awful goal" won't kill the team or require that every time he let's in one goal, we call for his head.

You are fixating too much on a few games. Fact is that the Wings are the highest scoring team in the league. This seems to be a common problem on LGW. People seem to think that the season is only a week long. Every team has their ups and downs. I am perfectly happy with a season average of 3.21 Goals/Game even if that means that some games they will only score 1 goal.

So the highest scoring team in the league only gets 1 in regulation last night and now the skaters suck AND our goalie sucks.

I was def ready to bash howard til 59:35 into the game. But after the sloppy first goal he played great. esp in overtime. He was like Quick was in the kings game. let in a sloppy first goal lights out the rest of the game. I still think the Oilers out chanced the wings even with all the PP the wings got. Wings created crappy scoring chances all game.

Wings might wanna try that 1-3-1

LOOK at the big picture.

So it's Howard's fault that the Wings had to get a lucky shot to save their butts? Right. It couldn't be because the rest of the team wasted most of the three periods and could only come up with 1 goal with seconds left on the clock (well, it would've been 2, but that's life), could it? Also, I don't get why everybody's all miffed because the ONE (I repeat, one) goal he let in was a soft one. What difference would it have made if he'd let in one of the Oilers' better shots or that one, as long as he kept it to just one? Yeah, sure, he could've saved that one and got a shutout, but people in hell want ice water and all that. The rest of the team cannot rely on their goalie to post a shutout just to give them a fighting chance. They should be able to rely on him to be good, but not to stand on his head.

Plus, I am not looking at the big picture for a reason; everybody here was complaining about his performance in this game, so that's what I focused on. I KNOW he has horrible stats in general - nobody here's going to deny that - but it would not have been his fault if the Wings had lost this game.

You are fixating too much on a few games. Fact is that the Wings are the highest scoring team in the league. This seems to be a common problem on LGW. People seem to think that the season is only a week long. Every team has their ups and downs. I am perfectly happy with a season average of 3.21 Goals/Game even if that means that some games they will only score 1 goal.

So the highest scoring team in the league only gets 1 in regulation last night and now the skaters suck AND our goalie sucks.

I'm in no way saying our players or our goalies suck, I was referring to lately. The beginning of the season and even when we were struggling with injuries, the team played their asses off. It seems as we started to get everyone back, they started to slack off a little bit or lose that chemistry. I am in no way saying our players suck. We have, talent wise, the best team in the NHL. Our goalie situation is a little rough and could be better but I am in no way complaining about Jimmah(!) or Joey Mac(although Joey makes me super nervous because of his lack of exp.). 4 out of the last 5 games we have put up no more than 2 goals. However, in the 10 games before those 5, we put at least 2 goals in 9 of them. (if i looked at it right) I think what's going on is our offense was performing and the goaltending slipped a little. Now, our offense is slipping and the goaltending is picking up. Don't be surprised if in the next 3-5 games, they find that sync again and then destroy anyone in their path.

Our team doesn't suck. Our goalies don't suck. Just in case Mindfly is reading this, our coaching doesn't suck either. IMO, I think the team lost it's rhythm and now they are having to find that rhythm again and some on LGW are struggling through this rough patch.

I'm one of the biggest Howard bashers on here and I can even admit he stole the game for us. I'd gladly take one incredibly soft goal a game as long as it means he doesn't allow any more goals for the remainder of the game.

Guest mjtm77

can someone please post the dats goal if its on youtube. our even highlighst to the entire game?

I'm one of the biggest Howard bashers on here and I can even admit he stole the game for us. I'd gladly take one incredibly soft goal a game as long as it means he doesn't allow any more goals for the remainder of the game.

I don't think he stole the game. Rather he did what he needed to do to net us a win. He had a couple spectacular saves. He let in a very soft goal. But overall he had a solid game. Wish I could say the same for the rest of the team. They looked dead until the "omg we only have two minutes left time to try" took affect.