447 replies to this topic

#441 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:38 PM

+1

Lately, the team seems to show up when they want to and then work half assed when they do show up

Jimmah(!) hasn't been the sole problem here folks. If he is letting in 1 awful goal a game and then standing on his head for the rest of the game, the forwards should be able to score at least 2. We can't expect him to pitch the SO every damn game! That's not how it works. If our forwards and defensemen would show up and play with a little more fundamentals instead of getting fancy, making dumb decisions, and turning the puck over (cough Ericsson cough) Jimmah(!) won't have to pitch a SO and letting in "1 awful goal" won't kill the team or require that every time he let's in one goal, we call for his head.

You are fixating too much on a few games. Fact is that the Wings are the highest scoring team in the league. This seems to be a common problem on LGW. People seem to think that the season is only a week long. Every team has their ups and downs. I am perfectly happy with a season average of 3.21 Goals/Game even if that means that some games they will only score 1 goal.

So the highest scoring team in the league only gets 1 in regulation last night and now the skaters suck AND our goalie sucks.
Do or do not. There is no try

#442 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:39 PM

I was def ready to bash howard til 59:35 into the game. But after the sloppy first goal he played great. esp in overtime. He was like Quick was in the kings game. let in a sloppy first goal lights out the rest of the game. I still think the Oilers out chanced the wings even with all the PP the wings got. Wings created crappy scoring chances all game.

Wings might wanna try that 1-3-1

#443 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:47 PM

Didn't get to watch the game but at least the Wings finally won again. Beautiful goal by Datsyuk too.

#444 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:15 PM

LOL. And if the wings hadn't miraculously scored a goal by pure luck hit 2 edm players, the wings would have lost on arguably the worst goal Howard has given up this year.

Look at the big picture there pal. Howard has a horrid GAA and a horrid SV%.

This is the most retarded post I've seen here in awhile.

First, don't compare yourself to Howard LOL. You're not an NHL goalie dude, so you are expected to let soft goals in. Second, Howard doesn't play solid. Howard has a horrible GAA. The real fact remains that the wings have not played well and have not been consistent at all over a long period of time, yet you're focused on a very lucky win yesterday, against the 3rd worst team in the league.

People would be singing a very different tune today if we hadn't gotten purely lucky at the end there, VERY DIFFERENT. It would have been a 1-0 loss on the worst goal Howard's ever given up, and people would have been down on the wings offense, and their continued lack of defense, and continued lack of 60 minute play.

IT WAS EDMONTON! Actually, it wasn't even Edmonton, it was the AHL Edmonton team. It was a joke that the wings couldn't score any goals against that team yesterday.

LOOK at the big picture.

So it's Howard's fault that the Wings had to get a lucky shot to save their butts? Right. It couldn't be because the rest of the team wasted most of the three periods and could only come up with 1 goal with seconds left on the clock (well, it would've been 2, but that's life), could it? Also, I don't get why everybody's all miffed because the ONE (I repeat, one) goal he let in was a soft one. What difference would it have made if he'd let in one of the Oilers' better shots or that one, as long as he kept it to just one? Yeah, sure, he could've saved that one and got a shutout, but people in hell want ice water and all that. The rest of the team cannot rely on their goalie to post a shutout just to give them a fighting chance. They should be able to rely on him to be good, but not to stand on his head.

Plus, I am not looking at the big picture for a reason; everybody here was complaining about his performance in this game, so that's what I focused on. I KNOW he has horrible stats in general - nobody here's going to deny that - but it would not have been his fault if the Wings had lost this game.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#445 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

You are fixating too much on a few games. Fact is that the Wings are the highest scoring team in the league. This seems to be a common problem on LGW. People seem to think that the season is only a week long. Every team has their ups and downs. I am perfectly happy with a season average of 3.21 Goals/Game even if that means that some games they will only score 1 goal.

So the highest scoring team in the league only gets 1 in regulation last night and now the skaters suck AND our goalie sucks.

I'm in no way saying our players or our goalies suck, I was referring to lately. The beginning of the season and even when we were struggling with injuries, the team played their asses off. It seems as we started to get everyone back, they started to slack off a little bit or lose that chemistry. I am in no way saying our players suck. We have, talent wise, the best team in the NHL. Our goalie situation is a little rough and could be better but I am in no way complaining about Jimmah(!) or Joey Mac(although Joey makes me super nervous because of his lack of exp.). 4 out of the last 5 games we have put up no more than 2 goals. However, in the 10 games before those 5, we put at least 2 goals in 9 of them. (if i looked at it right) I think what's going on is our offense was performing and the goaltending slipped a little. Now, our offense is slipping and the goaltending is picking up. Don't be surprised if in the next 3-5 games, they find that sync again and then destroy anyone in their path.

Our team doesn't suck. Our goalies don't suck. Just in case Mindfly is reading this, our coaching doesn't suck either. IMO, I think the team lost it's rhythm and now they are having to find that rhythm again and some on LGW are struggling through this rough patch.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#446 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:57 PM

I'm one of the biggest Howard bashers on here and I can even admit he stole the game for us. I'd gladly take one incredibly soft goal a game as long as it means he doesn't allow any more goals for the remainder of the game.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#447 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:34 PM

can someone please post the dats goal if its on youtube. our even highlighst to the entire game?
Posted Image

#448 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:57 PM

I'm one of the biggest Howard bashers on here and I can even admit he stole the game for us. I'd gladly take one incredibly soft goal a game as long as it means he doesn't allow any more goals for the remainder of the game.

I don't think he stole the game. Rather he did what he needed to do to net us a win. He had a couple spectacular saves. He let in a very soft goal. But overall he had a solid game. Wish I could say the same for the rest of the team. They looked dead until the "omg we only have two minutes left time to try" took affect.