• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

Ryan Whitney Twitter

Rate this topic

So, I saw this somewhere, not sure where (TSN comments, or whatever). When I first read it, I was thinking someone was joking so I had to look up Ryan Whitney on twitter, sure enough, he said this:

Just saw Crosby is STILL top 10 in league scoring. Thats a sick joke. The league needs him to get healthy. #thanksformycontractsid

So, Whitney is basically saying that playing with Crosby inflated his stats, therefore, landed him a big contract? I've never heard of a player saying something like that....then again, twitter hasn't been around that long and I can't imagine another avenue for such a comment.

That's kinda dumb, even for a hockey player on Twitter.

He'll be magically healthy the day the playoffs start. POOF! His post-concussion syndrome will be cured the day they need to win games.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

and after tonights game Whitney is gonna be saying

"Just saw Datsyuk is STILL the best two way player in the league. Thats one sick deke he's got. The league needs him on billboards, magazines more" #thanksfordatsyukiandekingaroundme :hehe::lol::yowza:

That's kinda dumb, even for a hockey player on Twitter.

He'll be magically healthy the day the playoffs start. POOF! His post-concussion syndrome will be cured the day they need to win games.

Are you insinuating maybe he's faking or something with this statement?

I remember lurking around the boards when he got hurt during the WC and people saying all manner of things like he was faking and that he pirouetted to the ice and it was all exaggeration and such. Basically, there were quite a few folks who seemed to dislike him so much that they couldn't fathom that he possibly was really hurt. I thought that was a bit low for Wings fans imo.

My first reaction to watching it was damn! Looked to me like he had no idea Steckel was there and for sure he got his bell rung. I actually thought the hit Hedman put on him was nothing and that the Steckel hit really did mess him up. Watching 24/7 they showed him in the locker room after the period and he seemed in obvious difficulty. Not that he was dying or anything but he sure looked like somebody whose eggs were scrambled.

I guess looking back now since he hasn't played forever, perhaps people underestimated the severity of the blow. Damned concussions symptoms are unpredictable and scary these days.

As for the tweet, I love statistics and have been watching them all year. At one point, like after missing 12 games or something, he was still the leading scorer in the league I think. Just goes to show that as an offensive weapon he was destroying it this year and as a hockey fan, it would've been nice to see if he could've kept the pace. Would've been nice to see somebody maybe crack 130 or maybe even 140 points in this day and age.

I think the craziest stat is he had 32 goals in 41 games. That's a 64 goal pace.

This is the 2nd year he's missed considerable time. 2 years out of 6. Not a good sign for longevity, especially with the concussion thing now. LaFontaine, Lindros, etc.....these concussions are downright cutting careers short well before their time. Kind of sad as a fan. I hate to see players knocked out of this great game due to injury.