• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rick Zombos Ghost

Crosby's family trying to convice him to retire?

Rate this topic

From KK:

Bob McCown on Fan590 in Toronto just said he has heard Sidney Crosby’s family is trying to convince him to retire from the game.

Telling him he has accomplished everything in the game and don’t want him to risk any more injuries.

I cant believe this is true. Unless his concussion is REALLY bad.

This just in as well Pierre Mcguire arrested for trying to kill Sydney Crosby's family.

In the end it's Crosby and not his family who will decide, and I doubt very much he even considers retiring already. Sure, he's accomplished pretty much everything and is probably crazy rich, but say what you will about him; the guy loves hockey and won't just give it up because his mom is freaking out over an injury.

He'll be back, I just don't expect it to be this season.

From KK:

Bob McCown on Fan590 in Toronto just said he has heard Sidney Crosby's family is trying to convince him to retire from the game.

Telling him he has accomplished everything in the game and don't want him to risk any more injuries.

I cant believe this is true. Unless his concussion is REALLY bad.

This just in as well Pierre Mcguire arrested for trying to kill Sydney Crosby's family.

Sounds like hearsay at this point. Wouldn't doubt it though. Playing sports for a living is one thing. Playing with injuries that threaten your quality of life going forward and the love of family is another entirely.

Setting aside his douchebagginess for a second, he's a great talent and has accomplished more in 6 years than most players ever will. Frankly, it'd be sad if he had to retire b/c of injuries. Sad when any player's career is cut short (Cam Neely anyone).

If this is true, coupled with the fact that he has or will end up missing nearly 1/2 a season b/c of this, it sounds like his family knows something we don't. Particularly the severity of his symptoms. I think it's probably pretty common for injured athletes to have family allegedly saying these things. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I just hope they are overreacting and that his symptoms aren't that bad.

Despite the fact that I'm not a big fan and I hate Pittsburgh with a passion, I'd hate to see his career cut short. Just a supreme talent and it would be a big loss for the NHL and hockey fans in my humble opinion.

He will be back, just not this year. Concussion are tricky and if the Pens want to take the right steps in allowing their 8.7 million dollar investment come back when he is ready? So be it. I just want to see him lose and lose often when he comes back, that's all there is to it. But as a human being and hockey fan I do want the little douchebag back.

Not to mention Hank has some more ownage to unleash when they play again.

+1

I'd much rather play against the best and hopefully kick their butts than to have guys retire early from injury just because they pose a threat to my team. Much more rewarding to beat the best than to get the easy road.

My dream playoffs would have us playing the Ducks, Hawks, Canucks and Penguins with all their players healthy and hoisting the Cup at the end.

That's sad, but I do have a hatred for Crosby like no other. I am conflicted. I can't even come to terms with acknowledging Crybaby has talent (sort of how I like to think the 09 playoffs were locked out), but this would be unfortunate. I'm sure he will be back, but you never know, nobody expected him to be sitting this long as is and with all the concussion talk going on...

How about this, I know he is chalk full of talent but I hate his attitude and everything that goes with it. Am I afraid of him? No. Do I just think he is a s***ty self centered person? Yes.

How can you say what kinda person someone is based on his play on the ice? Have you actually met Crosby?

Rumor planted by the NHL? They have to keep his name out there somehow. I suspect he will be back, next season perhaps. I wish him no harm, even though I also dislike him intensely.

He needs to work on his facial expressions and not look like he's about to throw a tantrum and cry every time things don't go his way. Seriously.

The ice yes, and all the interviews that have been crammed our way and all that s*** too. I'm ready for him to be gone.

Well then you're looking to be offended by him. And despite what you posted earlier, you're simply not capable of distinguishing between his in game or post game stuff (of which he can be very douchey) and his off the ice stuff where he is very well spoken, humble and gracious.

Not that we need to go scouring the internet for more Crosby but the videos are out there. Away from the ice he seems like just another young, talented, aw shucks kind of hockey kid. Hockey is known for this. This isn't the NBA.

In game, that's one thing. No debating that. Away from the game, I have nothing bad to say about the kid. Handles himself exceptionally well in interviews and has done so since he was 18. That's my opinion anyway.

How can you say what kinda person someone is based on his play on the ice? Have you actually met Crosby?

I have.

He told me that Bettman makes sure nothing happens to him and that there is a massive conspiracy against the Wings now that he is in the league.

Then he ate a kitten and kicked me in the shins. What a jerk.

Crosby's agent responds to rumours. "Sidney's parents have been extremely encouraging and supportive during this recovery period."

Brisson tells TSN..."They (parents) will not feed any negative pulse to such a passionate mind."

From Darren Dregers twitter.

Looks like it was nothing but rumours. Sorry Gordie Howe hat trick.

Anyways, I am agreeing with the majority here.. I cant see him returining this year.. even though if they start making a run in the playoffs he might feel a lot more pressure to get back in.. but I can't believe retirement is even an option.. if Lilja could eventually come back then I'm sure Crosby can.. it will just take enough time to make sure its safe.

The more negative press the NHL gets the better. I hope this story continues, and more companies like Air Canada say they'll pull marketing $$ if the game doesn't get cleaned up.

The NHL needs a major overall, so bring on more stories like this!

From Darren Dregers twitter.

Looks like it was nothing but rumours. Sorry Gordie Howe hat trick.

Anyways, I am agreeing with the majority here.. I cant see him returining this year.. even though if they start making a run in the playoffs he might feel a lot more pressure to get back in.. but I can't believe retirement is even an option.. if Lilja could eventually come back then I'm sure Crosby can.. it will just take enough time to make sure its safe.

doesnt matter how much pressure hes under, or how he feels, it matters what the doctors say. the league wont let someone play unless their 100%, and the doctors say hes clear, when it comes to returning from head injuries.

if he retires bettman would put him right under him in the NHL front office. (not that he isn't under him in other ways already :P )

Edited by wings1110