• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Shady Ultima

Next year could be big for the NHL

Rate this topic

What, did they sign your monstorously fat ass to the o-line?

At least I can block better than Frank Omiyale. He gets blown up every other play.

Then there's the matter of the Glass QB in Detroit. Every time he plays the bears, he gets injured. First the Knee, then the Arm. And that WR who can't hold a ball at the end of a play negating a go-ahead TD because he's too busy celebrating. But that's neither here nor there...

I'd love to see more outlets for hockey than just a sunday game on NBC and 2 games a week on VS.

:lol: The NHL is a major sport. In Canada every other sport combined can't pull NHL ratings. In the US Hockey isn't exactly Football, but they have a strong market share in some states and respectable market shares in others.

on top of that...

#1 - on the steckel "blindside", why wasn't crosby watching where he was going instead of admiring snowflakes? steckel didn't try to run him over. it looked like he tried to move and clipped a daydreaming crosby. p.s. the game is fast Carman.

#2 - hedman didn't clock crosby from behind, he rubbed him out into the boards and crosby ate some glass. it wasn't dirty, he just got rubbed out and didn't brace himself.

on topic...the NFL will NOT lockout an entire season. the US will go ******* crazy without football and there will be riots every sunday and monday until football is back. this will not go on long.

on topic...the NFL will NOT lockout an entire season. the US will go ******* crazy without football and there will be riots every sunday and monday until football is back. this will not go on long.

Honestly, there weren't riots over the hockey lockout in Toronto or Montreal, and I don't know a single football city that has fans anywhere NEAR as hardcore as the leafs or Habs fans.

Unfortunately, This will squander my chances of seeing the BEARS win the division AGAIN and then properly spank the packers 2 if not 3 times and win the superbowl.

..But should the wings win the cup, it will brighten the outlook for sure.

:rotflmao:

It's flat out amazing the Bears won as many games as they did last year. Not only will they not beat the Packers at all next year, the Packers should coast to the division title. Instead of being worried about what the Packers do, you should be more concerned with the Lions having caught up to you.

Since you're a Bears fan, I would hope you realize that the Packers won the SuperBowl with a banged up roster heading into and during the game. I'd be willing to bet the 16 players GB had on I.R. while winning the SuperBowl is the most in history. Just imagine when all those players return next year!

Sidenote: Sorry for the off topic/sport conversation. Too tough to pass up being from Green Bay.

Isn't the TV contract set to expire after this season? Or did they re-up with Versus/NBC/Comcast/etc? I would love to see the NHL return to ESPN, which would likely mean a return of NHL 2Night program as well.

Wouldn't mind hearing this again (see attached).

Best. Ringtone. Ever.

I heard today that the NFL has decided that they are going to have a lockout for the 2011-2012 Football season. With Football being the most popular sport in the states, I see this being a huge opportunity for the NHL.

The NHL should get on ESPN, especially for those Sunday/Monday game times that were held by football.

it could be, but is there much overlap between the 2 leagues?

The last time there was an NFL strike, they hired players who wanted to play even if they weren't as good as the ones on strike. Pretty much like what the NHL should have done instead of losing a season.

Guest CaliWingsNut

The last time there was an NFL strike, they hired players who wanted to play even if they weren't as good as the ones on strike. Pretty much like what the NHL should have done instead of losing a season.

Isn't that the NCAA?

It is not the NFL lockout that will help hockey, as it will be taken care of by the time October roles around.

The real chance for growth is the potential NBA lockout.

The NBA has a far weaker fan base, and is ripe for the taking.

With no Basketball, fans will be looking for something to watch, the NHL and the NBA schedules are much closer (in time of year) than NFL and NHL. The NBA is on 4 or 5 different stations (ESPN and ESPN 2 being considered the same network), plus the local stations. The NBA is on national TV almost every night.

If the NBA locks the players out they could have more problems coming back than the NHL did.

Basketball has been losing fans for years now, and with all of the Major talent spreading themselves out to a handful of teams, the small market teams are struggling. Multiple teams are losing money and the league has taken over the Hornets. I know this is similar to the NHL, however the NHL got in this spot after a lockout.

If they lockout the players and have no games I could see them struggling mightily to get back their fans.

Instead of being worried about what the Packers do, you should be more concerned with the Lions having caught up to you.

The lions did what? You mean their star QB who is getting injured just as much as Wrecks Glassman and then watching their season flush away?

Had it not been for Todd Collins being signed to the Bears, Hanie and the Winfense would have guided the Bears to the SB. WE EXPOSED THE BUTTPACKERS WEAKNESS, INJURED OR NOT. Unfortunately we could not take advantage of it.

But at least I don't rear my sister behind the trailer like some teams' fans do, just sayin. GO WINGS.

Edited by Hiei