• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:12 PM

All in all, this is going to make major waves throughout all American Prosport leagues, strengthening the position and gap between owners and players. I foresee more college football, college basketball, and NBA coverage on ESPN before the NHL.

You forgot poker, volleyball, bowling, and spelling bee's.
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#22 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:38 PM

Don't you know man? Poker is a sport! :rolleyes: <_<
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#23 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:41 PM

Unfortunately, This will squander my chances of seeing the BEARS win the division AGAIN and then properly spank the packers 2 if not 3 times and win the superbowl.

..But should the wings win the cup, it will brighten the outlook for sure.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#24 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:08 AM

Unfortunately, This will squander my chances of seeing the BEARS win the division AGAIN and then properly spank the packers 2 if not 3 times and win the superbowl.

You should be happy if there is a lockout. You do not want to give this Packers team a chance to repeat. They'll actually have a running back this year and their pro-bowl tight end. Youngest team in the league last year as Super Bowl Champs.

#25 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:34 AM

And yet the best player of the NHL is out because of two illegal headshots that went unpunished.

Awesome, so much for NHL becoming a major sport...

Lidstrom is injured? I heard nothing of this.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#26 GrindupaLine

GrindupaLine

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:49 PM

What, did they sign your monstorously fat ass to the o-line?
"If Filppula was ever given a legit chance in the top six with competent teammates (read: not Bertuzzi and Franzen) for an entire season, he would break 70, guaranteed. "

Z and D for the C

#27 Jwo

Jwo

Let's go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:05 PM

I wouldn't mind if the NFL decides to do a lockout next season on 2 counts. 1. Could be good for Hockey 2. NFL games always mess up my tv shows by making them late to come on or not airing at all.
FireCaptain - "THIS ISN'T DATELINE, BUT WE'RE HERE TO STOP A PREDATOR."
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du,
When I see you Red Wings,
I go out of my head,
I just can't get enough,
I just can't get enough,
All the things you do to me and all the things you said,
I just can't get enough.
I just can't get enough
We slip and slide and we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough of...
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du

#28 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:29 PM

What, did they sign your monstorously fat ass to the o-line?

At least I can block better than Frank Omiyale. He gets blown up every other play.

Then there's the matter of the Glass QB in Detroit. Every time he plays the bears, he gets injured. First the Knee, then the Arm. And that WR who can't hold a ball at the end of a play negating a go-ahead TD because he's too busy celebrating. But that's neither here nor there...

I'd love to see more outlets for hockey than just a sunday game on NBC and 2 games a week on VS.

#29 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

To be fair I think that catch was a TD, just a stupid rule. Bears should have lost that one, because they did.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#30 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:51 PM

And that WR who can't hold a ball at the end of a play negating a go-ahead TD because he's too busy celebrating.

I'd recommend you shut the hell up on that one. :)
*this space for rent*

#31 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:31 PM

:lol: The NHL is a major sport. In Canada every other sport combined can't pull NHL ratings. In the US Hockey isn't exactly Football, but they have a strong market share in some states and respectable market shares in others.

on top of that...

#1 - on the steckel "blindside", why wasn't crosby watching where he was going instead of admiring snowflakes? steckel didn't try to run him over. it looked like he tried to move and clipped a daydreaming crosby. p.s. the game is fast Carman.

#2 - hedman didn't clock crosby from behind, he rubbed him out into the boards and crosby ate some glass. it wasn't dirty, he just got rubbed out and didn't brace himself.

on topic...the NFL will NOT lockout an entire season. the US will gof****** crazy without football and there will be riots every sunday and monday until football is back. this will not go on long.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#32 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:01 PM

on topic...the NFL will NOT lockout an entire season. the US will gof****** crazy without football and there will be riots every sunday and monday until football is back. this will not go on long.

Honestly, there weren't riots over the hockey lockout in Toronto or Montreal, and I don't know a single football city that has fans anywhere NEAR as hardcore as the leafs or Habs fans.

#33 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:26 PM

:rotflmao:

It's flat out amazing the Bears won as many games as they did last year. Not only will they not beat the Packers at all next year, the Packers should coast to the division title. Instead of being worried about what the Packers do, you should be more concerned with the Lions having caught up to you.

Since you're a Bears fan, I would hope you realize that the Packers won the SuperBowl with a banged up roster heading into and during the game. I'd be willing to bet the 16 players GB had on I.R. while winning the SuperBowl is the most in history. Just imagine when all those players return next year!

Sidenote: Sorry for the off topic/sport conversation. Too tough to pass up being from Green Bay.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#34 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,959 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:37 PM

One would hope.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#35 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:47 PM

Isn't the TV contract set to expire after this season? Or did they re-up with Versus/NBC/Comcast/etc? I would love to see the NHL return to ESPN, which would likely mean a return of NHL 2Night program as well.

Wouldn't mind hearing this again (see attached).

Best. Ringtone. Ever.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#36 roboginger

roboginger

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:43 PM

I heard today that the NFL has decided that they are going to have a lockout for the 2011-2012 Football season. With Football being the most popular sport in the states, I see this being a huge opportunity for the NHL.

The NHL should get on ESPN, especially for those Sunday/Monday game times that were held by football.

it could be, but is there much overlap between the 2 leagues?

#37 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:35 AM

The last time there was an NFL strike, they hired players who wanted to play even if they weren't as good as the ones on strike. Pretty much like what the NHL should have done instead of losing a season.

#38 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:19 AM

The last time there was an NFL strike, they hired players who wanted to play even if they weren't as good as the ones on strike. Pretty much like what the NHL should have done instead of losing a season.

Isn't that the NCAA?

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#39 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:27 AM

It is not the NFL lockout that will help hockey, as it will be taken care of by the time October roles around.
The real chance for growth is the potential NBA lockout.
The NBA has a far weaker fan base, and is ripe for the taking.
With no Basketball, fans will be looking for something to watch, the NHL and the NBA schedules are much closer (in time of year) than NFL and NHL. The NBA is on 4 or 5 different stations (ESPN and ESPN 2 being considered the same network), plus the local stations. The NBA is on national TV almost every night.

If the NBA locks the players out they could have more problems coming back than the NHL did.

Basketball has been losing fans for years now, and with all of the Major talent spreading themselves out to a handful of teams, the small market teams are struggling. Multiple teams are losing money and the league has taken over the Hornets. I know this is similar to the NHL, however the NHL got in this spot after a lockout.

If they lockout the players and have no games I could see them struggling mightily to get back their fans.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#40 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:21 PM

Instead of being worried about what the Packers do, you should be more concerned with the Lions having caught up to you.

The lions did what? You mean their star QB who is getting injured just as much as Wrecks Glassman and then watching their season flush away?

Had it not been for Todd Collins being signed to the Bears, Hanie and the Winfense would have guided the Bears to the SB. WE EXPOSED THE BUTTPACKERS WEAKNESS, INJURED OR NOT. Unfortunately we could not take advantage of it.

But at least I don't rear my sister behind the trailer like some teams' fans do, just sayin. GO WINGS.

Edited by Hiei, 15 March 2011 - 10:21 PM.