• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kook_10

Ville Leino Scores Hat Trick

Rate this topic

I know some of you out there root for the guy, but it just pisses me off to see him do well in Philly. I know someone will say "confidence...Babs...blah, blah, blah" but the guy just didn't have the character to work hard, persevere, and succeed in Detroit. Is he the most notable recent story of a local failure finding success elsewhere?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Oe6J8P7oM

What Overtime said.

Also the guy didn't care here. He didn't try to work with the system. He even admits that he prefers the city (cause Detroit sucks amirite?) and the discipline of the forwards (aka not having any real responsibility) which is why he is doing well there.

He can go f*** himself as far as I'm concerned. I have seen very few other players as lethargic as him in a Wings uniform.

Always so funny to read all these sour comments. :D

People think he is the same player than he was here and is only given special freedom to do what ever he wants there. Obviously most of these people don't actually watch him play or are too blind to even give him any credit when it's due. And then there are the people who think it's all because of Briere and Hartnell which I find even funnier. :P

Why do you even care what he does? He's in the East now. It ain't gonna make that OKT trade look any better if that's what you're talking about. And really, Babcock tried to make some kinda net presence or sniper out of him. He's a playmaker and Detroit already have two top line playmakers so it's not a miracle that it didn't work here and it does there.

People think he is the same player than he was here and is only given special freedom to do what ever he wants there. Obviously most of these people don't actually watch him play or are too blind to even give him any credit when it's due. And then there are the people who think it's all because of Briere and Hartnell which I find even funnier. :P

Why do you even care what he does? He's in the East now. It ain't gonna make that OKT trade look any better if that's what you're talking about. And really, Babcock tried to make some kinda net presence or sniper out of him. He's a playmaker and Detroit already have two top line playmakers so it's not a miracle that it didn't work here and it does there.

You make it sound like he is the first hockey play ever to be miscast in his role and that somehow absolves him of his lack of effort and bad attitude.

And leave it be, you as a Leino slappy, to be one of the first in here being the exact opposite of the extreme preparing to call people out. Just because you are on the 100% opposite side of the haters doesn't make your response any more right.

He stunk here, bottom line. Your defending of him is not going to change anybody's opinions regarding that. He's doing better in Philadelphia and in a better state of mind there mentally. More power to him and I'm glad he's finding success. Leave it at that.

Guest Crymson

I've always gotten the feeling that you've got something of a soft spot for Finnish players. I wonder why...

You make it sound like he is the first hockey play ever to be miscast in his role and that somehow absolves him of his lack of effort and bad attitude.

Yeah, well Holland knew what he ordered when he signed him. Obviously Laviolette can handle this player better than Babcock and now they've got a +50 point scorer and a playoff beast for under a mill. It isn't any breaking news that not all players react the same to same kinda treatment.

Well, at least we got a pick.

And leave it be, you as a Leino slappy, to be one of the first in here being the exact opposite of the extreme preparing to call people out. Just because you are on the 100% opposite side of the haters doesn't make your response any more right.

He stunk here, bottom line. Your defending of him is not going to change anybody's opinions regarding that. He's doing better in Philadelphia and in a better state of mind there mentally. More power to him and I'm glad he's finding success. Leave it at that.

I'm not the one who started this "hate-thread". Why would I hate some player? It's not like I know these NHL players and see their life enough to call them lazy or such.

I've always gotten the feeling that you've got something of a soft spot for Finnish players. I wonder why...

I don't know about Finnish players but I'd take Leino nine out of ten times over Filppula. Edited by Finnish Wing

Yeah, well Holland knew what he ordered when he signed him. Obviously Laviolette can handle this player better than Babcock and now they've got a +50 point scorer and a playoff beast for under a mill. It isn't any breaking news that not all players react the same to same kinda treatment.

Congrats to Laviolette and his pro-Leino system. I'll take Babcock's pro-Cup winning system. Thanks.

Guest Crymson

I don't know about Finnish players but I'd take Leino nine out of ten times over Filppula.

Filppula was an important part of a Stanley Cup win, plays hard every game, and is a good two-way player. Leino played himself off the team. That's the way the cookie crumbled.

That's a 90% fail rate. You *may* want to re-evaluate.

Even though he's a good two-way center he seems to have peaked at 40 points while Leino could hit 60 already this season. Both are good playoff players but Leino is better.

Even though he's a good two-way center he seems to have peaked at 40 points while Leino could hit 60 already this season. Both are good playoff players but Leino is better.

No, Leino had one outstanding playoff. When N = 1, you don't really have enough evidence to make a valid case. Leino's better offensive production does not outweigh his piss poor defense.

No, Leino had one outstanding playoff. When N = 1, you don't really have enough evidence to make a valid case. Leino's better offensive production does not outweigh his piss poor defense.

Based on?

Have you really even watch him play this season? Plus-minus doesn't necessary mean good defense, but if you've led the league in +/- among forwards I wouldn't say your defense sucks.

Plus, Leino has always been a playoff performer. Some players just are good post-season players and some are not. It doesn't matter that much what's the league.

Edited by Finnish Wing

Based on?

Have you really even watch him play this season? Plus-minus doesn't necessary mean good defense, but if you've led the league in +/- among forwards I wouldn't say your defense sucks.

Plus, Leino has always been a playoff performer. Some players just are good post-season players and some are not. It doesn't matter that much what's the league.

Based on watching him. I wasn't even using +/-, I was using how he "plays" defense. Lazy. I will grant he is doing better defensively in Philly than in Detroit, but being better than horrible doesn't mean you are doing well.

As for playoffs, as I said, he has had 1 outstanding playoffs. other than that, you are going to try and use SM-liiga playoffs as evidence… irrelevant. You are also forgetting the 2 assists in 7 games with the Wings.

I have no ill will towards the guy and wish him well. I'm from Philly and have an affinity for the Flyers. But I'm not going to overvalue a player because he was born in the same country as me. :)

Based on watching him. I wasn't even using +/-, I was using how he "plays" defense. Lazy. I will grant he is doing better defensively in Philly than in Detroit, but being better than horrible doesn't mean you are doing well.

As for playoffs, as I said, he has had 1 outstanding playoffs. other than that, you are going to try and use SM-liiga playoffs as evidence… irrelevant. You are also forgetting the 2 assists in 7 games with the Wings.

I have no ill will towards the guy and wish him well. I'm from Philly and have an affinity for the Flyers. But I'm not going to overvalue a player because he was born in the same country as me. :)

Everything he did with the Wings is even more irrelevant than his play before that.

Oh, so it's that argument again. "I'm not going to undervalue a player a player because he was not born in the same country as me." Does it work that way as well?

Everything he did with the Wings is even more irrelevant than his play before that.

Huh? More recent data is less relevant?

Oh, so it's that argument again. "I'm not going to undervalue a player a player because he was not born in the same country as me." Does it work that way as well?

Well, in fairness, I only assume that's why you are doing it. You make suck at judging the value of non-Finnish players as well. :)

Well, in fairness, I only assume that's why you are doing it. You make suck at judging the value of non-Finnish players as well. :)

I'm not a fan of Leino because his Finnish. I'm a fan of Leino because he is Leino. I could care less what many Finns in the NHL do. The biggest reason I like Filppula for example is because he plays for the Wings, not because he's Finnish.

Well, at least we got a pick.

I'm not the one who started this "hate-thread". Why would I hate some player? It's not like I know these NHL players and see their life enough to call them lazy or such.

I don't know about Finnish players but I'd take Leino nine out of ten times over Filppula.

And you calling people sour does no good either. It's just the other side of the extreme trying to tell people off which doesn't do anything. Once again, no matter how much you yell defending Leino or making excuses for him until you are blue in the face, he stunk here in Detroit, he's in a better place in Philadelphia, and haters will always hate no mattter how much you talk (EDIT: and whether the disdain is fair or not).

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Everyone laying the hate on Leino, have you ever stopped to consider he and Philly is only what we've done with Cleary and Miller and Eaves? Others teams cast-offs that have made it as players with us. Might be because they found a system that suited them, might be because they were in last chance saloon and finally "got it". It doesn't matter.