Valtteri Filppula watch thread

Rate this topic

Through four games:

NHL ranks:

+\-: 2nd

Team ranks:

SOG: 3rd

+\-: 2nd

This is why he makes 3mil. Not for his average regular season statistics, but because he is one of the handful of players who actually plays better in the playoffs.

:)

Not that I'm knocking Fil's numbers because he's been stellar compared to practically everyone else in the playoffs, but your numbers are off.

NHL ranks:

+\-: 4th

Team ranks:

Not that I'm knocking Fil's numbers because he's been stellar compared to practically everyone else in the playoffs, but your numbers are off.

NHL ranks:

Team ranks:

Depends on how you interpret stats. If someone has 6 points and a dozen have 5 and player X has 4, I consider that player X is third in points while the people with 5 are tied for second. To each their own.

Filppula is a beastttt. Well worth the money.

Depends on how you interpret stats. If someone has 6 points and a dozen have 5 and player X has 4, I consider that player X is third in points while the people with 5 are tied for second. To each their own.

You would be wrong. I'll show you an example:

Schembechler 10 points

Carr 9 points

Harbaugh 8 points

Hoke 7 points

Rodriguez 6 points

Now, in this situation it's clear where everyone goes. But what if a scoring change happens and one of Lloyd Carr's goals is given to Brady Hoke.

Schembechler 10 points

Carr 8 points

Harbaugh 8 points

Hoke 8 points

Rodriguez 6 points

The order is the same, right? But now we have a three-way tie in second place. Does Rodriguez suddenly move up from 5th to 3rd? Of course not.

Why?

There are four people ahead of him, that makes him fifth. It's really easy. Really.

You would be wrong. I'll show you an example:

Schembechler 10 points

Carr 9 points

Harbaugh 8 points

Hoke 7 points

Rodriguez 6 points

Now, in this situation it's clear where everyone goes. But what if a scoring change happens and one of Lloyd Carr's goals is given to Brady Hoke.

Schembechler 10 points

Carr 8 points

Harbaugh 8 points

Hoke 8 points

Rodriguez 6 points

The order is the same, right? But now we have a three-way tie in second place. Does Rodriguez suddenly move up from 5th to 3rd? Of course not.

Why?

There are four people ahead of him, that makes him fifth. It's really easy. Really.

so if thyey are tied in points then how are they ranked then? alphabetically? :D

Flip has been rock solid. This will be an ever bigger test for him... but for as much as people complain that he doesn't live up to his potential in the regular season, he always finds another gear in the playoffs.

Go get em Flip!!!!

so if thyey are tied in points then how are they ranked then? alphabetically? :D

The first tiebreaker is goals scored. This has determined the NHL's scoring leader three times.

The second tiebreaker is games played. If two players have the same number of goals and assists, the one with fewer games is ranked higher.

The third tiebreaker is who scored a goal first in the season.