• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wing Across The Pond

Ozzie back

Rate this topic

I'm VERY surprised... I honestly thought he was done for good...

Ozzie, like most of our Wings, has always been a fighter (not in the physical sense). Remember how he responded to the doubters in 2009? Love the guy's attitude, and I had no doubt he'd come back :D Now to stick around another year... not so sure.

And so here it is, finally the moment we have all been waiting for. But really, the debates never stopped because there have continued to be debates about the 2 goalies even with Ozzie being injured. BUT, if Ozzie outplays Howard in throughout these last 13 games, there is no doubt in my mind that he should be starter come playoff time because we all remember 2009 when Ozzie got going... he was the only reason we made it to the game 7 of the finals.

Side note, my bday is Wednesday and I am going to the game against the Caps so I would like Babs to give me a present... PLAY OZZIE !

I think there is a fine balance for how much Osgood should play down the stretch. Ya he needs game action to get the rust off but you dont need to over play him either because then Howard can go cold. I think maybe 8 or 9 for Howard and 4 or 5 for Osgood. But really it all depends on how Osgood and Howard play and what kind of points the Wings need/want

you dont want Howard to get cold?! I hate to break it to you, but he isnt exactly hot... look at his stats... he is still letting in 3 goals a game... IMO he has not yet earned the starter job for the playoffs... that is why the goalies should split games until the playoffs and whoever is playing better gets to play. That is how it should be.

Ozzie, like most of our Wings, has always been a fighter (not in the physical sense). Remember how he responded to the doubters in 2009? Love the guy's attitude, and I had no doubt he'd come back :D Now to stick around another year... not so sure.

The thing that hasn't been brought up enough is the extent of his injury. Did I not read that the tissue had pulled away from the bone or something equally serious? The guy has heart and grit and is now ready to come back to try to help his team.

Both goalies have my vote and total support.