• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

luvpucks

Hi I'm new

Rate this topic

Born and raised in the south but I've been a big Red Wings fan since before I could remember. Being in the south, I get to watch maybe 1 or 2 Wings games a month on national television. Before I've just been content with listening on the radio but NO MORE!

Is there any where I can watch live streams of the game or do I just need to break down and get Center Ice with my Direct TV or get NHL Gamecenter Live? I don't care about watching other teams live, just Detroit.

I did register with redwingslive.net a little bit ago but I haven't been approved yet. I read the Game Day Thread just before a game last week and went to the site to register but it's been some time and no response.

I guess I can give it a couple more days. Do you know who I can contact if I haven't heard anything back by this Wednesday's game?

I did register with redwingslive.net a little bit ago but I haven't been approved yet. I read the Game Day Thread just before a game last week and went to the site to register but it's been some time and no response.

I guess I can give it a couple more days. Do you know who I can contact if I haven't heard anything back by this Wednesday's game?

Not off the top of my head, since I don't use the stream, but someone will jump in here and give us the correct info....

Hey welcome to the boards. Try this on game days

http://atdhe.me/

Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here.

I buy the Center Ice package every year because I'm a hockey freak and love watching all the games I can. Then, when I moved to Jersey City it became even more important to watch the Wings. I'll say this if you decide on the Center Ice package, you do get replays of games late and night and the next morning so you can pick when you see the game if you miss it. They also carry at least the first round of playoffs which is great so you don't get stuck only watching Pittsburgh and Chicago on Versus.

I'm one who believes Center Ice is worth the money. Now if they could only give it to me here in high def...

Albuquerque NM here.....after moving from Michigan 16 years ago, i tried all the usual suspects....local cable doesn't speak hockey....internet..well...i get so many damn viruses so i don't usually surf for games....

don't go dish....they sucked hard....i would miss on average 20 games a year because of blackouts and local restrictions. IN NEW MEXICO! can you believe that! phoenix is an 8 hour drive, but i am blacked out for being too close.

now with direct tv...i don't miss a damn thing. if you can step up to the DVR your in candy land!

the Detroit feed starts at 5:30 my time, and i own my own business, so i miss faceoff on practically every home (Detroit) game.

with the DVR i can start 30 min to a hour after face off and never have to deal with commercials or the intermission if i don't want to. its glorious!

and there are usually more than one feed to choose from. (so you don't have to listen to terry crisp, or pierre mcdouche, or anyone else ever again!)

if your truly a nut, and you can pony up the dough...do it. Mickey Redmond commands you!

myp2p forum usually has a few links for each game. Google myp2p ice hockey and it should come up for you.

Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here.

I buy the Center Ice package every year because I'm a hockey freak and love watching all the games I can. Then, when I moved to Jersey City it became even more important to watch the Wings. I'll say this if you decide on the Center Ice package, you do get replays of games late and night and the next morning so you can pick when you see the game if you miss it. They also carry at least the first round of playoffs which is great so you don't get stuck only watching Pittsburgh and Chicago on Versus.

I'm one who believes Center Ice is worth the money. Now if they could only give it to me here in high def...

I would agree. I'm here in San Diego, CA, and I like it for the replays and being able to record games on the DVR (since I work when the games usually come on). They do black out Ducks and Kings games, but I still get to see them on the local Fox Sports channel (except when they're on FSN West Plus, which my cable company refuses to carry, but that's a unique problem). Another downside is that they black out games shown on the NHL Network, so if you don't get that, you don't get to watch the game, period.

If you don't get the nearest team's games on a local channel, though, I'd go with luvmnger's suggestion and get DirecTV. I've never had it, but if they don't black out any games, that sounds like a winner. If I'm reading their website right, it looks like you get the actual FSD channel 24/7 too, not just for Wings games.

As for Internet feeds, they're okay in a pinch, but sometimes it cuts in and out, and a couple of times the games have been in Russian (which I understand a bit, but it gets old after a while, heh), so it's not ideal.

Hi, luvpucks...welcome to our little slice of heaven.

I'm another one who believes in Center Ice and Direct TV. I've had it for over 10 years, and absolutely wouldn't be without it. A DVR is a definite must have. I couldn't live without mine. Definitely worth the investment.

Born and raised in the south but I've been a big Red Wings fan since before I could remember. Being in the south, I get to watch maybe 1 or 2 Wings games a month on national television. Before I've just been content with listening on the radio but NO MORE!

Is there any where I can watch live streams of the game or do I just need to break down and get Center Ice with my Direct TV or get NHL Gamecenter Live? I don't care about watching other teams live, just Detroit.

Welcome to LETS GO WINGS, being from Detroit and having the Lions here (blackouts common), I go to ATDHE.net to watch games that are blacked out or from differant areas, this has many links to all kinds of sites god luck

Greetings,

Welcome to LGW!

I'm in the Greater Toronto Area and have to pay $30 a month on top of my cable bill for the 'Super Sports Pak' just to get Centre Ice. Unless of course I'm overlooking something, it's the only way for me to get Wings games.

However, I'm likely switching to NHL Gamecentre next year since they appear to offer way more perks than Centre Ice.

I use Hockeystreams and love it.

Having said that, there are questions about the "legality" of the site.

It is less expensive than Center Ice and there are many options for stream types (silver light, WMV, iStream) you can even set it up to run on your xbox or PS3.

There is almost always an HD feed, and on most cases they will have one feed be the DRW feed and one the other team. If not usually they use the DRW feed.

Hi, luvpucks...welcome to our little slice of heaven.

I'm another one who believes in Center Ice and Direct TV. I've had it for over 10 years, and absolutely wouldn't be without it. A DVR is a definite must have. I couldn't live without mine. Definitely worth the investment.

This times 100 :)

Welcome to LGW- Great group here! Lots of fun banter and all the Wings hockey talk to feed off non game days! Enjoy!

Another Center Ice on Directv fan here- they've got the bandwidth to carry pretty much every available feed on game night, and it seems like I can always get Fox Detroit in HD for the games they carry. NHL network and Vs. are included with some package or other we have, so the only games we run the risk of missing are the odd NBC ones where the mothership has decided we're supposed to really really want to watch Pittsbrugh (sigh) or Dallas or the Rangers or something instead.

myp2p forum usually has a few links for each game. Google myp2p ice hockey and it should come up for you.

This.

There will usually be links to all the game streams on that (myp2p EU) forum.

Some people will suggest atdhe or whatever it is, but I would NEVER suggest that site. It ******* sucks. The couple time I went to it to view games, there was all kids of malware and viruses trying to attack my computer. IMO, avoid atdhe at all costs.

Edited by sleepwalker

This.

There will usually be links to all the game streams on that (myp2p EU) forum.

Some people will suggest atdhe or whatever it is, but I would NEVER suggest that site. It ******* sucks. The couple time I went to it to view games, there was all kids of malware and viruses trying to attack my computer. IMO, avoid atdhe at all costs.

Really? I've only had good encounters with Atdhe, I mean aside from the occasional skip in the game feed, but i get that with whatever website

Really? I've only had good encounters with Atdhe, I mean aside from the occasional skip in the game feed, but i get that with whatever website

Most of their streams are just repackaged myp2p streams. I'd rather get it from the original source so the original streamer gets their ad money.

Question for you Center Ice guys on DirecTv, how many HD feeds are there? I have Time Warner and I only have 2 HD feeds, one of which is used maybe 2% of the time, the other might have one game a night There end up being 1 maybe 2 Wings games in HD a year. It sucks that I pay $200/yr for standard definition hockey. The only time I really get HD is on VS, NBC, or NHLN. I've heard from others that all the games are HD, but I find that hard to believe. I also think its regional so that matters. DirecTv reps can't give me a straight answer, I've tried on no less than 5 occasions.

Unless Gamecenter Live has drastically improved, I would avoid it. It's the same cost as Center Ice and their s*** sucks. You lose video, laggy, quality sucks, and no DVR. I had Gamecenter Live one year and won't do it again. It's only convenient if you're on the road, at which case I use drums feed.

I've heard from others that all the games are HD, but I find that hard to believe.

Its true. Whether you get to see them in HD in your area though is a different story. Where I am at all the games except the ones of FSD+ are in HD, but thats only because there is no FSD+ HD channel on our cable here in Ohio. If there were, we'd get all the games in HD.

Question for you Center Ice guys on DirecTv, how many HD feeds are there? I have Time Warner and I only have 2 HD feeds, one of which is used maybe 2% of the time, the other might have one game a night

Quite a few. These days, it's common to have four different feed options for every game- Wings SD, Wings HD, Opponent SD, Opponent HD. Pretty much if one of their regional sports channels is covering the games in HD, you'll get it. Same goes for non-Wings hockey content.

It really is a nice and comprehensive package for the price you pay for it. (I remember the old days when you always got only one feed per game- the home team, and man, I came to loathe the LA Kings announcing crew) My biggest gripe these days is that they moved the lead HNiC broadcast to NHL Network and strip out the CanCon commercials- I miss getting the feed direct from PEI, complete with the Molson 'I am Canadian' ads.

Signed,

A happy Center Ice/Directv user since the 1997-98 season.