Puck Daddy / Yahoo
Also states penguins under this plan would have been fined 600k this season.
The suggested fines, according to ESPN:
• 1-2 games--$50,000 fine to team
• 3-4 games--$100,000 fine to team
• 5-8 games--$250,000 fine to team
• 9-10 games--$500,000 fine to team
• 11-15 games--$750,000 fine to team
• More than 15 games--$1 million fine to team
"If a player is a repeat offender during that season, the fine to the team would double," wrote Lemieux.
I hate this idea.
Why don't we just throw the salary cap out while we're at it? Only teams with money will be able to afford a "dirtbag cheapshot"
Does the league fine itself if the Coyotes get in trouble?
Will the Islanders be dissolved?
Do poor teams get lesser penalties now?
You want to penalize teams for rough play? take a point away for any offense deserving a 5+ game suspension (but this could be argued too).
Edited to please the Enforcer definition protection team.
Edited by CaliWingsNut, 15 March 2011 - 10:55 PM.