• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/16 GDT: Capitals 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

When's the last game he hasn't faced impossible shots or not been absolutely left out to dry by the defense at least once?

I guess some people just see "LOTS OF GOALS" and don't bother looking at context.

Some goalies overcome that and win the game for their team. Even rookie goalies do that. But I bow to your superiority.

So was Z's goal weak?

Same distance, Z had no screener, and went glove side.

Ovie went through a defenseman's leg, blocker side.

Both absolute roof jobs.

As the announcer just said that was a dart to the top shelf.

Whether the Wings win, lose, or tie tonight, if they would play like this every night, I would be extraordinarily happy. They're playing with intensity. I hope this is a vision for the rest of the season.

1st period was amazing minus that shift after the Wings goal. But other than that; they had their cycle working well. Great forechecking. And some quality shots.

Crymson you dont even talk about the game :lol: You look for people who dont post all praise for Detroit and jump down their throats. Give it up, no one cares.

Haha tell me about it mate, no doubt he's got his coffee, waiting desperately for a post to pull apart.

Hey one of you smarties answer my question on page 5, so I can be a more educated fan...please. :P

The 1-3-1 is a forechecking system where the first skater in pressures the puck then 3 skaters go in to support the forecheck. The main goal is to outnumber your opponent and cause turnovers.

This is a dangerous system as it has a tendency to leave your defense exposed, and most coaches go with 2-1-2. (2 skaters pressure the puck, 1 for support, 2 back on defense.)

I expressed my opinion, you quoted me. Seems you were more worried about what I had to say.

+1 moving along.

They are going through the motions. Need that 1st period intensity.

Great job to get back Perfect Human.

Whoa... Bert playing pretty well tonight.

The 1-3-1 is a forechecking system where the first skater in pressures the puck then 3 skaters go in to support the forecheck. The main goal is to outnumber your opponent and cause turnovers.

This is a dangerous system as it has a tendency to leave your defense exposed, and most coaches go with 2-1-2. (2 skaters pressure the puck, 1 for support, 2 back on defense.)

Thank you. I want to do a speech for school on a hockey play, but I wanted to pick on everyone can understand. Thanks :)