• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/16 GDT: Capitals 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

I have a love/hate relationship with Rafalski. When he plays offensively hes deadly, but hes also very prone to being out of position. As long as he provides more goals than he allows I'm happy.

I actually think he has been much better defensively this season than in years past... He leads the team in plus/minus

Not me, babe. I find the only thing I know for sure here is which responses are helpful and which ones are just plain ego-flaunting.

Haha. :thumbup:

(Even though my last post in this thread was totally not helpful).

I'm hoping Modano becomes the Dallas Drake of this team. Drake had a pretty terrible regular season, but redeemed it with his play in the playoffs.

I'd be nice if Mike did the same, because otherwise this whole experiment has been pretty much a waste.

I don't know. Dallas Drake always had a reputation of being quite the crash and bang kind of guy. Modano, fair or unfair, has always had a reputation of struggling and shying away from physical contact. Therefore, it's been a waste.

The 1-3-1 is a forechecking system where the first skater in pressures the puck then 3 skaters go in to support the forecheck. The main goal is to outnumber your opponent and cause turnovers.

This is a dangerous system as it has a tendency to leave your defense exposed, and most coaches go with 2-1-2. (2 skaters pressure the puck, 1 for support, 2 back on defense.)

Let's hear it for a helpful post! Thanks, Xitium. :clap:

What a crappy call. I also hate that the Vs announcers are the Caps homers. :rolleyes:

They do that a lot. I'm sure they've used our announcers for our home games but I can't remember the last time it happened. In fact I tried to email them about it recently when they pulled this s*** before, with no luck. So much for being responsive to their audience. <_< NHL network does better in this regard.