• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/16 GDT: Capitals 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Just got back from the game. It was a GREAT all around game by the Wings:

- Hank was AWESOME tonight... you could tell from the drop of the puck that he was on tonight

- Bert and Cleary looked good also

- Franzen continues to look bad no matter where he is, and that was beginning to impact Pavs and make him try too much... I HATE Franzen with Pavs so Babs needs to change that up ASAP

- I thought Filps and Modano had a much better game

- Hudler on the 4th line is a waste of time; he needs to be with Pavs!

- Nick had another solid game

- Kronwall had a GREAT game... I have not checked TOI sheet yet but it seemed he was ALWAYS on the ice, and in a good way. He was just great all around tonight

- Rafi was great, welcome back.

- Howard was ALRIGHT... the first goal none of us were happy with as he should have easily controlled the rebound from that first shot...2nd goal he had NO CHANCE on... but in the final minute Semin shot the puck and hit the post and Howard had NO REACTION... to me that shows that he isn't the go to guy imo

- Overall, great game, but Babs needs to change the lines because Franzen with Pavs is a waste of time and imo, until franzen can prove himself, he should be on the 3rd line with Modano:

Cleary- Datsyuk- Hudler

Homer- Hank- Bert

Franzen- Modano- Filpulla

4th line

guys, give kindl some love. he was great tonight.

I think he's attractive, but needs to be more consistent with his play. I was pleased with his effort tonight, though. Kinda stealing Ericsson's thunder. How's that for love? :P

I think he's attractive, but needs to be more consistent with his play. I was pleased with his effort tonight, though. Kinda stealing Ericsson's thunder. How's that for love? :P

how about that clutch awareness near the end when he cleared the puck out when it was up for grabs in the blue paint and looked like a sure goal. i looked twice to see if it was lids.

how about that clutch awareness near the end when he cleared the puck out when it was up for grabs in the blue paint and looked like a sure goal. i looked twice to see if it was lids.

I didn't see that!!! I wish I did. I must have blinked, dang it. <_<

Guest Crymson

- Howard was ALRIGHT... the first goal none of us were happy with as he should have easily controlled the rebound from that first shot...2nd goal he had NO CHANCE on... but in the final minute Semin shot the puck and hit the post and Howard had NO REACTION... to me that shows that he isn't the go to guy imo

There were about eight players between he and Howard. Howard couldn't see a thing. What do you expect?

Kindl is a good example of something useful that came out of all of the injuries. You can see he is playing more comfortably (he actually smiles sometimes) and obviously his level of stupid-ass rookie mistakes decreases as he gets more playing time.

Ericsson, on the other hand...

stop riding his jock.. thats all your posts have been this entire thread. Why not post something insightful yourself ? your as bad as Eva with Hudler.

I believe there was a deflection, there was a screen, and how did react. Here is a fan's video of the final seconds of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JrqUhMbsC4

I will say that Datsyuk really seems to be trying for the low percentage finesse pass alot, and its leading to uncharacteristic turnovers. Possibly for the first time in his career, I wish he would simplify his game a little more.

Eh, he was doing a bit too many no-look passes yesterday and they didn't always work, but it's not an "issue".

Telling Pavel Datsyuk to simplify his game is like telling Picasso that he should simplify his paintings. Or something...

stop riding his jock.. thats all your posts have been this entire thread. Why not post something insightful yourself ? your as bad as Eva with Hudler.

There has to be some people that are reasonable about the goalies around here. At times it seems like ANY goal let in is Howard's fault, then it turns into a debate about how the team is failing all because our goalie can't handle it. That's like basing the success of the team on any individual player, it doesn't work.

I can't really comment about Howard's play last night because I wasn't able watch most of the game, but I agree with Crymson on the post shot, saw that one. Just because Jimmy didn't react doesn't mean he's not the go to guy, it just means that he wasn't able to react because of all the traffic in front of him - I'm sure it's happened to plenty of other goalies.

There were about eight players between he and Howard. Howard couldn't see a thing. What do you expect?

Remember the LGW goalie report card that most members follow here.

Howard played a good game if all of the above criteria are met.

1. .925 Save percentage or better

2. 1.50 GAA or lower

3. 2 rebounds or less in the course of the game

4. No weak goals

---

I thought Howard played a great game today. 1st shot was screened. 2nd shot was just a heck of a shot and was probably screened by his own defenseman. Aside from that, he stopped all shots he needed to stop.

The Wings themselves are playing well. They outshot Washington and really had more scoring chances. Lets see what they bring against Columbus tonight.

Really good win. A lot of positives to take from this one.

Rafalski is back and that seems to have rejuvenated an awful lot on the back end. His puck movement is second to none. Like a QB out there.

Kindl had a game where I feel like he can take his game to the next level. If he is nothing but a 3rd pairing guy his whole career, I will be ok with that. He looked very solid.

Howard wasn't stellar but he got the job done. Nothing too glaring and that shot at the end hitting the crossbar saved it from being a potential disaster.

And last but not least, it is great to see Hank on the scoresheet again and especially in the gino department. The backhand was a lot better than was given credit for. He knew what he was doing and a lot of the players could take some pointers from Hank, just shoot! We looked darn good and I hope we can really close these last games out as strong as this one. Good effort beerchug.gif

2. 1.50 GAA or lower

4. No weak goals

---

I thought Howard played a great game today. 1st shot was screened. 2nd shot was just a heck of a shot and was probably screened by his own defenseman. Aside from that, he stopped all shots he needed to stop.

The Wings themselves are playing well. They outshot Washington and really had more scoring chances. Lets see what they bring against Columbus tonight.

Unless its Osgood. Then were ok with near double the GAA and a career reputation for letting in weak goals...

There were three.

Though I can't really fault Howard for that as I haven't seen a replay that shows well enough what the hell happened.

I thought he had a good game overall. My only criticism would be on the first goal he should've swallowed the weak wrister from outside the faceoff circle. He juggled it and gave up a rebound and it led to a goal.

But the Wings played a great game top to bottom, including Jimmy.

Unless its Osgood. Then were ok with near double the GAA and a career reputation for letting in weak goals...

Yes, because Ozzy gets nothing but love here. :blink:

Wings had a great win. As someone already said, there wasn't really anyone who had a bad game. Yet we're still gonna turn the GDT into a goaltender war?

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Overall this season he's been pretty impressive, he's had a few games were things were bad but you can tell he's got alot of talent. At the very least he is as good as ericsson if not better.

Really good win. A lot of positives to take from this one.

Rafalski is back and that seems to have rejuvenated an awful lot on the back end. His puck movement is second to none. Like a QB out there.

Kindl had a game where I feel like he can take his game to the next level. If he is nothing but a 3rd pairing guy his whole career, I will be ok with that. He looked very solid.

Howard wasn't stellar but he got the job done. Nothing too glaring and that shot at the end hitting the crossbar saved it from being a potential disaster.

And last but not least, it is great to see Hank on the scoresheet again and especially in the gino department. The backhand was a lot better than was given credit for. He knew what he was doing and a lot of the players could take some pointers from Hank, just shoot! We looked darn good and I hope we can really close these last games out as strong as this one. Good effort beerchug.gif

Kindl played very, very well last night. Watch Filppula's goal, and look at how good a skater Kindl is and without him that goal wouldn't have happened. He's an effortless skater, he is really starting to play physical, and offensively he's looking more and more dangerous each night. He's got all the tools to be at least a 2nd pairing defenceman. It's been so nice to see his confidence grow with each game, and I'd rather have last night's 6 defenceman than have Salei come in for Jakub.

2. 1.50 GAA or lower

4. No weak goals

---

He did play a good game, but there were times where I was a little worried how he'd play. I was at the game, and I don't know if they showed it on TV but there was once where Howard fell over when nobody was around him, he was just going behind the net to play the puck, and then there was two other times where the Wings were in the offensive zone and he fell over twice. He just seemed drunk or something, it was weird.

He did play a good game, but there were times where I was a little worried how he'd play. I was at the game, and I don't know if they showed it on TV but there was once where Howard fell over when nobody was around him, he was just going behind the net to play the puck, and then there was two other times where the Wings were in the offensive zone and he fell over twice. He just seemed drunk or something, it was weird.

So, a failing grade then?

Don't worry, just about everyone else on LGW gave him the same grade.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I love how every game turns into a Howard debate. I would hate to be a goaltendeer in Detroit.