• Please log in to reply
461 replies to this topic

#201 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:42 PM

Here it comes again. He was screened and was the victim of a laser shot by one of the game's best pure scorers of the last decade.

I'm not saying you're wrong here, because you're not, but why do you have such a fascination with other posters and feel the need to constantly pick apart comments? :huh:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#202 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,425 posts

And you too. LOL. Can goalies stop EVERY shot they know is coming? And from one of the league's best scorers, no less? And while screened?

You're a riot. You know, just because Howard struggles at times does not mean that EVERY goal is his fault.

I agree.

Howard is not going to steal many games. He will make good saves and keep the Wings in games, as should be expected with his salary.

#203 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Ovi has only done it 1000 times already and most goalies this year stop that shot all the time, even Howard said on mlive article he knows about his shot.

LOL. That's a horribly arbitrary claim.

#204 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Crymson you dont even talk about the game :lol: You look for people who dont post all praise for Detroit and jump down their throats. Give it up, no one cares.

#NOMOREKINDL

#205 Zonly1

Zonly1

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:43 PM

Howard stops many breakaways. Do you actually watch games, or are you just able to catch this one because it's on Versus?

no fox sports but thanks for asking

Edited by Zonly1, 16 March 2011 - 07:43 PM.

#206 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

come on Howard ffs.. you know its coming.

Yeah, grow 5 more feet and stop it......... Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#207 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

I'm not saying you're wrong here, because you're not, but why do you have such a fascination with other posters and feel the need to constantly pick apart comments? :huh:

Because I'm in love with you and am desperately attempting to be noticed by you.

#208 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:44 PM

And you too. LOL. Can goalies stop EVERY shot they know is coming? And from one of the league's best scorers, no less? And while screened?

You're a riot. You know, just because Howard struggles at times does not mean that EVERY goal is his fault.

everyone knows what Ovi does... should be no suprise he was going to wrist it, he wasn't going around stuart. You ride Howards jock way too much.

#209 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Crymson you dont even talk about the game :lol: You look for people who dont post all praise for Detroit and jump down their throats. Give it up, no one cares.

And most people with a shred of knowledge could tell that wasn't stoppable. This time he has an element of truth behind what he says. Jumping on him makes the thread smooth too.

Keep playing boys.

#210 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

I do talk about the game, actually. It's just generally in more reasonable circles.

Also, that's a hyperbolic comment. I jump on what I feel are nonsensical, unfair comments. Saying that I attack anyone who doesn't praise Detroit is very much an exaggeration.

#211 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:45 PM

Yeah, grow 5 more feet and stop it......... Posted Image

so your saying that shot goes in everytime ? Kind of funny how most highlights I watch Ovi's shot is stopped now.

#212 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:45 PM

GDT's sure are hilarious. Howard better score a hat trick now.

#213 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:46 PM

everyone knows what Ovi does... should be no suprise he was going to wrist it, he wasn't going around stuart. You ride Howards jock way too much.

He ripped it into an area of the net very, very hard to save pucks in. If "knowing what Ovie does" makes his shot automatically stoppable, then he'd be scoring very few goals. As it is, he's the single most prolific goal scorer of the post-lockout era.

Do you not know very much about goaltending?

#214 Zonly1

Zonly1

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

GDT's sure are hilarious. Howard better score a hat trick now.

Rather have him making a game saving save. When's the last time he had a shutout?

#215 PrairieDawg

PrairieDawg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Does nobody think Ovechkin has an amazing shot anymore? That shot was beautiful, through the legs, perfect placement. Can you guys just understand that some shots are good and that goalies can't stop em all?

#216 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Hey one of you smarties answer my question on page 5, so I can be a more educated fan...please. :P
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#217 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:48 PM

Too many men no call.. come on refs

#NOMOREKINDL

#218 Zonly1

Zonly1

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

Hey one of you smarties answer my question on page 5, so I can be a more educated fan...please. :P

Ask Crymson. He's the hockey guru apparently. He knows all. He's actually Mike Babcock on his laptop.

#219 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Does nobody think Ovechkin has an amazing shot anymore? That shot was beautiful, through the legs, perfect placement. Can you guys just understand that some shots are good and that goalies can't stop em all?

No goalie is stopping that shot, through the legs & stick of a defenseman. Period.

#220 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

so your saying that shot goes in everytime ? Kind of funny how most highlights I watch Ovi's shot is stopped now.

Perfectly placed wrist shot. What's the hyperbolic debate about? FFS? Get over it man :lol: